Who thinks Cannabis/Marihuana should be legalised?

by lfcviking 137 Replies latest jw friends

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I am now anxious to get off work and go home and "relax".

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Twitch and BigWilly...come on over! We can pass the bowl around and eat a loaf of bread right out of the bag....GOOD TIMES!!!!

Sweet!! Where do u live again? I forgot,......

I'm ok with the legalization thing. Alcohol is a far more destructive substance IMO. You never see two heads beating the piss outta each other in a parking lot. 'course it ain't that simple but you get the idea,.....

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I absolutely think it should be legalized. And, in fact there are lots of states that have tried to do just that. Unfortunately what isn't a crime in those states is still a crime in federal law. Hence I don't partake. But I have to tell you right now, if it were legal I'd take a hit off Big Willy's pipe.

Sherry

• BrentR
    BrentR

Twitch and BigWilly...come on over! We can pass the bowl around and eat a loaf of bread right out of the bag....GOOD TIMES!!!!

LOL! That is why I stopped using it even though it was only 2-3 times a month. It gave me the munchies so bad I started packing on some weight despite my physicaly active job. I remember grabbing an entire head of cabbage out of the fridge and eating it like a giant apple. The final straw was when I was out fishing and started eating the flavored/scented bait marshmellows. I was out of control so I had to throttle back. When you start eating trout bait then the next step could only be cannibalism.

• Ex Nihilo
    Ex Nihilo

I agree booze is much worse than weed. In the area I live in you can carry up to 2oz without getting arrested. So It is not legal, but tolerated.

It is good for chronic pain, works better than codeine, naprox or higher level medications, and for those of us on nauseating medical treatment it keeps you from puking to death, and brings your appetite back.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    I remember grabbing an entire head of cabbage out of the fridge and eating it like a giant apple.

BrentR....that was freaking hilarious. The better the grade, the stronger the munchies. Once I took a bottle of honey and squeezed the whole damn thing into my mouth.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Yes. The only reason it isn't legal is the Government hasn't found a way to tax it properly.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Here's a really good "Logically Critical" episode about this very topic: http://www.logicallycritical.net/podcast/07%20Drugs%20are%20bad%20mmm-kay.mp3

Lore

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    Yes. The only reason it isn't legal is the Government hasn't found a way to tax it properly

Not exactly. This is a major money maker for the DEA and for many small law enforcement departments. They get to keep siezed property and assets and auction them off, the cash they keep tax free. My ex-husband used to work for the DEA once upon a time. Truth be told, if the government wasn't making money on this it would be legal right now and they WOULD be collecting taxes on it.

Sherry

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

It should be legalized. As for harder drugs, hell no. They have serious side effects and addiction potential.That being said, if it were to be legalized more research on how it affects driving is needed. How much pot is too much to get behind the wheel of a car? Weed impairs you ability to focus and drive just as much as booze. A system would need to be in place to establish a legal "weed" limit, god that sounds hilarious! Or, before you know it, not only will we have MADD, we will have MAWD. And all you potheads out there, don't jump on me and say weed doesn't effect how you drive, I call BULLSH*T on that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit