Who thinks Cannabis/Marihuana should be legalised?

by lfcviking 137 Replies latest jw friends

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Enjoy the rest of your time there - you'll have it all to come back to soon enough!!

Taa i will. Come back? Naa i'm gonna try and stay up here, loving it too much!

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

absolutely yes

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Totally legal. It's harmless.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    There is so much jail space wasted on people guilty of marijuana posession that could be used for true criminals.

That's circular argumentation. In effect, you're saying that marijuana should be legal because people are in jail for smoking it. Saying that pot smokers are not "true criminals" is saying they haven't been convicted of breaking the law, which is absurd.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Saying that pot smokers are not "true criminals" is saying they haven't been convicted of breaking the law, which is absurd.

Breaking a law does not make one a criminal JD.

Jim Crow laws told blacks they could not drink from the white people fountain. Was a black person who did drink from the white fountain a criminal in your estimation?

A true crime can only be committed if person or property is damaged. Smoking an herb=not a crime. Smoking an herb and killing someone whilst driving=crime.

I vote for legal pot, and at least decriminalization of ALL other drugs.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I didn't say breaking the law constituted being a criminal, I said being convicted of breaking the law constitutes being a criminal. The law is not on your side, ip. Here's the definitive definition of "criminal" used as a noun by Black's Law dictionary:

criminal, n. 1. One who has committed a criminal offense. 2. One who has been convicted of a crime.
  • John Doe
    John Doe

And before you question what a "crime" is, here's the definition:

crime. An act that the law makes punishable; the breach of a legal duty treated as the subject matter of a criminal proceeding. -- Also termed criminal wrong. See OFFENSE (1).
  • IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I didn't say breaking the law constituted being a criminal, I said being convicted of breaking the law constitutes being a criminal. The law is not on your side, ip. Here's the definitive definition of "criminal" used as a noun by Black's Law dictionary:
    criminal, n. 1. One who has committed a criminal offense. 2. One who has been convicted of a crime.

Wordy misdirection JD? Just answer the question.

The law is not on your side, ip

Neither was Jim Crow on the side of a black man. Was he a criminal for breaking an unjust and ridiculous law? (Being convicted or not is immaterial.)

• John Doe
    John Doe
    offense: 1. A violation of the law; a crime, often a minor one. See CRIME.--Also termed criminal offense
  • John Doe
    John Doe

I've shown you what the legal definition of being a criminal is. Are we to define things by the way you think they're defined? Come now, you're smarter than that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit