Flat earth vs round earth

by Jrjw 315 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jp1692
  • jp1692
  • jp1692
  • jp1692
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Dropoffyourkey...Lee y The flat earthers even have a website. I simply can't tell if it is one big tongue-in-cheek joke or if anyone actually believes it. In either case it is curious that it gets so much attention.

I was shocked ( or maybe not) to see some people posting they believe in a flat earth on a Mike and Kim thread!

The General essence of the you tube post was about not feeling the need to censure other people's beliefs, which I heartily agree with, but then someone posted about the problems they get having flat Earth beliefs ....and a load of others chimed in that too believe this! They gave a scripture as proof ( can't remember off-hand which) and mentioned they have enormous trouble if they express their view on this.

I'm, like, whaaaaaaa?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

So raise your hands ... who have flat heads, round heads or square heads.

Rub a Dub

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Flat Earth is God-level trolling.

This is so true. I am always amazed at the amount of time and effort this must cost those dedicated to it. they could easily have gotten a degree or understood astronomy and physics "for real" with just a percentage of the trolling dedication. I feel like there is a sociology study somewhere in here.

There is something very odd about the people that can "anything can happen" just about any event or theory. A friend told me the other day he doesn't believe North Korea is all that bad specifically because the media says it is. My response is that "thousands have escaped and have similar stories, hundreds of thousands of people from various countries observe the rouge state n various ways because they are considered dangerous, reporters have been in and out and gotted snapshots of life there telling the story.......you are suggesting that all of these fine people are in ona big joke, and the media has some sort of vested interest in the outcome. You believe this why?"

Response: "Well I just don't think that things are always as they seem".

**facepalm**

• kairos
    kairos

Does this mean anything to you?

dxdx8÷12 or d²x.666

d=distance.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Imagine just how much money the most vocal Flat Earth liars make on their books, YouTube videos and lectures.

It's just another religion, just without gods or structure. A lot of money flows from gullible believers to devious priests of ignorance.

• DJS
    DJS

JrJw

Your brother likely fits the average demographics of CTs. High school education. Low income. Low intelligence. The world wide web is the only reason they now have a voice. Plus, the www allows the little dodo birds to flock together. There are of course exceptions to the CT demographics, but they are all working at Faux, I mean Fox, News or for the POTUS. Or they are the POTUS.

http://time.com/4965093/conspiracy-theories-beliefs/

“Conspiracy theories are for losers,” says Joseph Uscinski, associate professor of political science at the University of Miami and co-author of the 2014 book American Conspiracy Theories. Uscinski stresses that he uses the term literally, not pejoratively. “People who have lost an election, money or influence look for something to explain that loss.”

One survey showed that about 42% of people without a high school education believe in at least one conspiracy theory, compared to 23% of people with a post-graduate degree. A 2017 study found a household income average of $47,193 among people who were inclined to believe in conspiracy theories and $63,824 among those who weren’t.

“In this case, conspiracy theories can be like emotional poultices,” says Joseph Parent, a professor of political science at Notre Dame University and Uscinski’s co-author. “You don’t want to blame yourself for things you may lack, so you blame anonymous forces instead.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit