Flat earth vs round earth

by Jrjw 315 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hold on a minute, are you actually telling me there is a chance the earth might actually be flat after all? Hang on, I need to gather my thoughts here. This is a lot to take in. First of all, and most importantly, this is really going to annoy Cofty, if true, because he was like, totally convinced, it was a completely stupid idea to say the Earth might be flat. Second of all, I think I better research this for myself to see what I think.

• cofty
    cofty

Was?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Here we go again.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

All the views and evidence for different theories are so confusing

• cofty
    cofty

Not really. The exact size, shape, mass and age of the earth are facts.

The idea of a flat earth is nothing more than the ignorant ravings of narcissists and their uneducated gullible followers.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

of course the earth is flat.

but the good news Gahd is going to destroy all the wicked people on it--very soon---except for a few ( million ) righteous believers who will inherit this flat earth and live on it forever.

there is a sentence in the bible that confirms this.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is Cofty so dumbfounded by the flat earth revelations that he's started writing German?

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

'Flat Earth Theories' are a good lesson in to how language can be used to beguile people who would otherwise just laugh off such things.

Yes we all know the Earth is not flat yet even then some of these explanations that 'prove' the Earth is flat are rather compelling; yet without some scientific knowledge and despite knowing that what you are reading is BS you can't explain away their points.

Now consider the creationist movement and their well funded articles that frequently rear their ugly little heads over on UCD and such like webshites. If such a ludicrous and obviously false notion of a flat Earth can allow reasonably sounding arguments to be made then it suddenly becomes plainly clear why less clear cuts ideas (we can't actually see life arising and evolving in front of our eyes) can attract such a following.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

I meant with all the views and evidence for anything we can believe its hard to understand not just flat earth theory. Its hard to know what the truth about life and our existence is now and definite proof that there's a God or not a God or that there's a future paradise or not, etc. I didn't give it a lot of thought before I became a witness or while I was one but now I'm researching things I'm unsure what to believe about anything anymore coz coming across so many ideas... some ridiculous!

• cofty
    cofty

Education takes a long time and a LOT of effort.

Ridiculous YouTube videos made by narcissists don't count as research.

If you want to know stuff start reading proper science books. Come back in 5 or 10 years and share what you have learned. There are no shortcuts.

Conspiracy theorists want to feel like they know more than all the combined human knowledge without the effort of reading a single book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit