Flat earth vs round earth

by Jrjw 315 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

My brother has been talking about the earth being flat and some big conspiracy going on to make people beieve otherwise. What are people's thoughts on this?

• waton
    waton

according to the bible even a flat earth might not be a circle but have 4 corners. Proves that the bible is just another conspiracy product to keep the masses occupied with nonsense.

• cofty
    cofty
    My brother has been talking about the earth being flat...What are people's thoughts on this?

You can't choose your relatives.

I hope you inherited the intelligence genes.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Your bro should try and get an education........

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

I told him its crazy

• Island Man
    Island Man

Anyone living in 2017 with access to so much information and yet believes the earth is flat, is truly a stupid person - among the most stupid of persons. I don't think it's possible to get any dumber without being certifiably insane. Anyone who says he believes the earth is flat is either trolling or very stupid.

There is just so much scientific evidence proving the earth is spherical, not to mention the actual photographic evidence taken from space. The flat earth conspiracy theorists have to invent all manner of precarious, convoluted explanations to explain away the scientific evidence for a spherical earth. And no one flat-earth model explains away all the compelling evidence for a spherical earth. Flat earthism is basically a crazy contrarian cult for conspiracists.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    The flat earthers even have a website. I simply can't tell if it is one big tongue-in-cheek joke or if anyone actually believes it. In either case it is curious that it gets so much attention.
  • Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

waton....the four corners of the earth are the four seasons......the sun in each of its quarters.

• jp1692
    jp1692

That’s idiotic

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's pretty much like believing the Watchtower. If you look only at one point of view, rely entirely on cherry picked bits of information and ignore reason, science and logic, then you can be persuaded to believe just about anything.

Conspiracy theories thrive because people want to imagine they are smarter than others and have special, inside knowledge. It takes a willful ignorance to maintain a belief in a flat earth.

Education is the antidote, spend an hour on Wikipedia looking at evidence of a round earth, then you will never fall for that particular stupidity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit