Could This Be the Most Repellent Watchtower ....Ever?

by metatron 166 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**The WTS did not print that they thanked the parents for giving them the money from their dead son's chickens, nor did they offer condolences for his tragic death. It was the parents who had to comfort themselves by hoping that "soon - very soon" they would see their son alive again.

Therefore, we have a situation whereby the WTS could have taken the compassionate high road as Jesus did, but did not. They could have asked the parents to keep the few dollars and expressed their heartfelt sympathy for the grieving family. Instead they used the situation to focus on THEMSELVES and to take MONEY for THEMSELVES even when a tragedy was involved.

I'm certain if I showed that article to 100 reasonable people, virtually every one of them would reach the same conclusion and be just as revolted about it as I am.

WOW, Fark!

You hit it right ON here! GREAT comments.

hugs,

Annie

• hippikon
    hippikon

It was really a Nigerian Scam. It ended up costing the WT a goat and a cow in legal fees.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

This is a wonderful discussion, a worthy debate, reminiscent of the old days of this forum that I was not a part of, but with which I've made myself familiar, and God I hope this type of thing picks up momentum and continues, and brings more former contributors out of the woodwork.

Thanks metatron for starting this thread, and thanks, Watchtower, for printing something so obviously obnoxious!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    **The WTS did not print that they thanked the parents for giving them the money from their dead son's chickens, nor did they offer condolences for his tragic death.
    Sunspot--my thoughts exactly...

Proplog

I think that what is bothering me here is the feelingless way your information is presented. For those here who have been ripped off by the WT Org this is not a logical vs illogical argument, but a highly charged emotional one. We are only human and many here are experiencing a lot of pain because the practices of this Organization. The WT Organzation is not human. They lack in fellow feelings and compassion. There are some in the Organization who try to be human and those will be the ones who are hurt the most--I pity them all. I am sorry I was ever involved in this abusive cult anti-human Organization.

• seven006
    seven006

I don't know if this little emotional fish hook is a direct attempt to convince their intellectually challenged flock to cough up more nickels or dimes or not in the way of a guilt contribution. On the surface, it can easily be interpreted that way. It wouldn't be the first time they use such low life tactics. Looking on a bit of a broader scale this little tear jerker could be seen as another attempt to see just how stupid they can keep their meek and gullible fowlers.

The up and coming heirs to the watchtower thrown are not as stupid as the old dying Mafia god fathers. They realize the number of those leaving the cult and those who are not intimidated by their warnings about the evil Internet are refusing to stay stupid and are beginning to use their own brains. Keeping them stupid is the key to keeping the company going. Many double life living JW's are starting to question some of the infantile bullshit because they are doubting the length of that perpetual corner their leaders have been preaching about for a hundred years.

As long as Mob management can dictate the level of logic and reasoning they allow their follows to buy into, they can keep their jobs. More important than keeping the bank account up is keeping the middle management of the company employed long enough to make some of their worldly real-estate investments pay off.

The head office does not need the average JW to send them a dead kid's chicken money. They do not even need them to sell their books and magazines at the door anymore. What they do need is to keep the 6 million followers stupid and scared shitless. All the six mill need to do is spend at least five dollars a month on the companies printing products and that will put an easy 360 million "tax free" dollars in the bank per year. Add the fact they pay less than minimum wage to their employees, have them live in property tax free housing that has been paid for for decades, and is some of the primmest real-estate in the country, eat food that has been raised by other below minimum wage employees raise on more tax free land that has been long payed off and you have one hell of a profitable little company. Add in the 30% on the dollar saving on not having to pay taxes on it all, and that 360 mill looks more like 580 mill per year. With that kind of an automatic cash flow, who needs chicken money contributions?

Unfortunately, just as with Enron and a few other large companies, the employees are starting to read between the bullshit trails. Their retirement plan is starting to be questioned because they are starting to doubt they will live long enough to see the promised Disney land. This is making middle management nervous. The recent scandals are starting to pop up in board meetings and it is getting harder to make up bullshit stories to cover them up.

They are having a harder time keeping the fairy tail going becase the average flocker is growing up and getting smarter. This spells doom for the story tellers because they are loosing thier audiance to a more mature and more intellagent group of discruntaled listeners. Telling stupid little stories like the one made up about the boy and his chikens is just a anal thermomitor that their leaders can use to check the level of stupidity and gullability of their vanishing psyco ward.

The kid and the chicken story does not look like a ploy for contrbutions to me, they really don't need that particular revenue stream. What they do need is for their 6 million suckers to keep buying the five dollars a month worth of books and magazines with stories about dying little kids and their chicken flocks.

Just my take on this.

Dave

• blondie
    blondie

I always felt that the most repellent WT, ever, was the next one scheduled to be printed.

Does that make sense?

Blondie

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... Blondie ... it does !

wait and see (better be out of it)

• minimus
    minimus

The reason this is such a great thread is because Watchtower Defender Proplog is doing what he's doing....This is an example of why we need Wt.Defenders on board. It sharpens our skills!

• proplog2
    proplog2

This is indeed enemy territory. I don't have time to answer all the comments individually. And I have no intention of becoming your village idiot like YOU KNOW. I really DO have a life. I am content to make my point.

But I am surprised no one that is observing this discussion has the courage to challenge the propaganda. I am referring to the repeated suggestion that IN FACT the little 14 year old boy with the two chickens is a fabrication. SHAME on all of you who made that remark. And EQUALLY - SHAME on all of you who let such blatant hatred go unchecked.

You all are indeed a "chorus".

• Odrade
    Odrade
    You all are indeed a "chorus".

"In fact" very few of us made the assumption that the chicken boy was a fabrication. Knowing the blind belief in the WTS as sub for GOD that most dubs, especially in the third world, have, I have every confidence that it is true. The thing that really burns me, is that they have made the tragic death of a little boy into an object lesson of monetary generosity in the face of adversity. Shameful.

Your "all/none" blanket tactics are equally shameful, as is your defense of the indefensible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit