Could This Be the Most Repellent Watchtower ....Ever?

by metatron 166 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Oh yes...just seen something.

The article is titled "We would like to say yes".

Now look at some slogans used by BANKS:

Finance

• "There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard." -MasterCard
    • "VISA - It's everywhere you want to be" - VISA (credit card), 1988, BBDO
    • "When E. F. Hutton Talks, People Listen" - E.F. Hutton
    • "Merrill-Lynch is Bullish on America" - Merrill-Lynch
    • "The Listening Bank" - Midland Bank
    • "Because life's complicated enough" - Abbey National
    • "The bank that likes to say Yes " - Trustee Savings Bank
    • "More human interest" - Washington Mutual

Subliminal or what?

Englishman.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Subliminal or what?

LOL ... it's ART !!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Metatron,

They'll try anything for more money. Heck, they have that Dumbo area building in Brooklyn, NY, to build!

DY

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

And they say they never ask for money

• Corvin
    Corvin

According to the Department of Animal & Poultry Science, University of Natal, Pietermarizburg, South Africa, village chickens fetch a higher price (US$2.44) than commercial broiler chickens (US$2.03) (Moreki et al. 1997).

The WTBTS scored on that one!

They should not only have NOT published that article/letter, but they should have sent back the $4.88 to help the parents with burial costs. It sounds like a total fabrication anyway . . .

. . . yeah, yeah, we get it, GB; if a poor dead 14 year old Nigerian boy can contribute to the worldwide brainwashing work by selling his two chickens, then we can give up seeing that movie or going on a vaction or sending our kids to college and send you the cash instead.

Corvin

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Poor kid probably died of malnourishment or malaria. Maybe his folks could have sold the goddamned chickens and bought some vitamins or a mosquito net. Oh well, Jehovah loves the Widow's Mite.

Sickening.

but I'm just speculating.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

gitasatsangha, I was just going to mention the "widow's mite" story. The gospel writer started that tradition; I don't think we can blame the GB for it.

That story always scared my husband - we've been one paycheck away from homelessness all our adult lives. I used to "soothe" him by telling him, "Just because she gave the rent money to the temple, once, doesn't mean she never had any money again." Still - what a crock!

GentlyFeral

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

What happens if you really do give it all away?If a 14 y.o from the following congregation gave his chicken money to the branch office they would laugh him otta the hall.

In 1989 a leading elder { that I trusted } taps me on the shoulder and tells me how he has telephoned the WT$ H.Q. Ivory tower,to inquire on,"how much longer can it last"."It can only 'last' just a few more months is the ominous reply".

Yes sir, this is heavy on my heart. Just how will I be 'found in the day of Jehovah's anger'?Will I 'probably' be saved?How do I conduct myself with the horrific death of nearly 6 billion men women and small children on my conscience?Will I be found 'blood-guilty' for not serving Jehovah to the fullest.[Col.3:23]

Who, should I look to as an example?What about the resident'Bethelite'?He just did a stint at Brooklyn and was a ministerial servant,and is looked up to as "exemplary".

He is also considered to be the 'coolest' guy in the hall.In fact he drives a 'cool' two door Saab coupe.{the sisters are drooling over him}.He also subscribes to 'worldly',Rolling stone and Spin magazines.So he can be current with all the latest coolest 'worldly'. trends.

In contrast,I have heeded the WT$'s directive to only purchase a modest,$1,500.00 four door family style sedan.it's very plain and ordinary (geeky) I think it s**ks,I'm a 4X4 pickup man myself.But the Ivory tower say's only buy four door sedans to facilitate,'car groups' for the sacred door to door 'field service'.

I'm making $50,000.00 a year and I drive a 's**t box'.because i am donating all my profits to the Watchtower $ociety.I am also at (age 29) still living with mom and dad, to economize on living expenses. I keep my nearly blind from birth mom,furnished with all the necessary appliances for sure.I even bought her a 25" color TV from K-mart.While the most popular( exemplary) family in the church has a wide screen TV.

I bought with cash, for a pioneer, a better car than I have.I am giving Thousands of dollars to the Watchtower's world wide work,while my family and I lives modestly.

For all my sincere earnest toil and goodness,I am loathed and ridiculed by my brothers and sisters at the Rockland Massachusetts congregation.

Sneering at me behind my back.Yes,they tried to pin a 'kick me sign' on my back.Squeezed into their mold a dumb geek,"who is so dum,why he doesn't have the sense to be cool like us".

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I wouldn't expect any less from the Money Grubbing Publishing Company, and the Turds that run it....

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

It certainly has the ring of bogus-osity that maybe an inspired Madison Avenue copy writer could conjure up.

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit