Could This Be the Most Repellent Watchtower ....Ever?

by metatron 166 Replies latest jw friends

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Speaking only for myself....this discussion board does not incite religious hatred. The JW's have done that themselves for the last 36 years of my life.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***Your argument apparently isn't with JW's. It's with Paul who said stupid thing like:

1 Cor 15:32 "If, like men, I have fought with wild beasts at Ephesus, of what what goot is it to me? If the dead are not to be raised up, "let us eat and drink for tomorrow we are to die."

WRONG again!

Paul never predicted 7-8 dates that the "end" would come and taught it in his ministry.

Paul never exploited Jesus' teachings to benefit a publishing company.

Paul didn't "use" the folks he preached to.......

The WTS does.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Sunspot:

There is abundant evidence in the Christian Scriptures that they felt the end/return of christ was near. The apostle John was probably more explicit but Pauls writings also made many references to the nearness of the "end".

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**There is abundant evidence in the Christian Scriptures that they felt the end/return of christ was near. The apostle John was probably more explicit but Pauls writings also made many references to the nearness of the "end".

Apparently YOU see a correlation between bible writers and the WTS. You seem to feel that *I* feel the same. I don't.

The WTS "writers" are frauds and slyly "work their way around" folks to appear as credible. Tugging at people's heartstrings and using the "boy and his chickens" incident to prod the readers into sending "their share" to the opulent WTS---is shameful and disgusting.

Don't even bother to equate anything or anyONE in the bible---to the hideous dealings and the leaders at the WTS----that is, unless you'd care to talk about the Pharisees and Saducees!

THEN we'd have a common ground for further discussion.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

this cvhicken story ; reminds me about the stories the wt used to write about , some poor african woman that would walk , for 6 days through the swamps and , dodge lions, crocs etc just to get to the convention. talk about butting guilt on jw's that live in the western world about missing the convention. may blondie can post some of these gems... john

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

http://www.workingpsychology.com/ethics2.html Ethics

As I mentioned on the previous page, one scholar, Dr. Margaret Thaler Singer, provides us with a taxonomy of levels of influence--the basis of the continuum presented below. Notice that upon examination, the continuum defies simple right-or-wrong categorization.

Continuum of Influence
    Education Advertising Propaganda Indoctrination Thought Control
    Relationship & Exchange Limited consensual relationship; logical thinking is encouraged. Instruction & emotional manipulation which target can ignore. An authority attempts to persuade the masses. Authoritarian & hierarchical but also consensual & contractual. Authoritarian, hierarchical, without target awareness, for indefinite time.
    Deceptiveness Infrequently deceptive if teacher has no agenda. Selective information, sometimes deceptive. Exaggeration, selective, may be deceptive. Infrequently intentionally deceptive, often selective. Deceptive.
    Methods Instructional; indoctrination can occur when the teacher has an agenda. Mild to heavy persuasion. Heavy persuasion, compliance tactics. Coercive compliance (punishment) condoned. Unethical program of influence.
    Goals Productive & capable citizenry, actualization. Indoctrination, if an agenda exists. Sale of product or service. Political power & control. A cohesive & effective group. Perpetuation of the group for money or power.

What is a ''cargo cult"? cargo cults

Main Entry: cargo cult
    Function: noun
    Date: 1949
    : any of various Melanesian religious groups characterized by the belief that material wealth (as money or manufactured goods) can be obtained through ritual worship

• proplog2
    proplog2

Sunspot:

At least JW's don't "kill" people who give hypocritically. Read the Ananias and Saphira account. They lied about giving ALL their money from the sale of some possession to the cause. Someone (probably NOT god) killed them.

Obviously, they took contributions quite seriously.

Hopefully the parents sent the Watchtower ALL of the money from the sale of the 2 chickens.

Acts Chapter 5

So why don't you complain about the very foundation of Christianity?

• Farkel
    Farkel

proplog stumbles again:

: This is indeed enemy territory.

Uh, what? This is a bunch people like me who aren't your "enemies." We just want to talk about stuff.

: I don't have time to answer all the comments individually.

Well, you certainly had a BUNCH of time to answer those comments before your garbage got trashed! But then you ran out of time. That makes perfect sense to all of us.

: And I have no intention of becoming your village idiot like YOU KNOW.

Too late.

: I really DO have a life.

Yet you are also one who drubs people who just happen to disagree with you.

: I am content to make my point.

And then flee like a chicken when your point is successfully and I mean SUCCESSFULLY attacked and demolished! If you are content with this stuff then you are content with being either totally oblivious or totally braindead. I know you are not the latter, proppy.

: But I am surprised no one that is observing this discussion has the courage to challenge the propaganda. I am referring to the repeated suggestion that IN FACT the little 14 year old boy with the two chickens is a fabrication. SHAME on all of you who made that remark. And EQUALLY - SHAME on all of you who let such blatant hatred go unchecked

If you have an argument, then please present it. Ad hominems don't count, proppy.

It is always a pleasure to discuss stuff with you, proppy. I have not the least bit of rancor with you, and I think you feel the same way about me. I'm pretty sure about that.

Farkel

• gumby
    gumby

Who are these phantom men who take the brothers in the writing and editing department and get them aside in a little room and say......" brothers.....we need dough and we need it bad. Here's what you are to do. We need you to write some articles.....even if you have to make them up........that incourage publishers to cough up more dough. Even if you have to make up a story about a dead kid and his chickens.....make one up".

So who are these men in black suits that strong arm the various ones in the writing dept.? Anyone know?

Gumby

• travellin man
    travellin man

proplog2 said: "I think you ought to have more serious targets for that kind of accusation. What about the governments of the world that march soldiers off to gain access to valuable resources and markets? ALL people are vulnerable to their individual belief systems. At least JW's have not contributed to the upheaval of world wars that have killed, maimed, starved people. Nor have they encouraged genocide. Sure they talk about the Armageddon remedy that they believe will kill billions of people - but they are simply following the example of their leader Jesus Christ. Jesus said wide is the path to destruction - narrow and cramped the road to salvation - and few even find it." if you or any other JW had any idea of who the real Jesus Christ was, you'd see the gross error of your ways. what is possibly the biggest error (and the saddest) is that, as you said (and I agree): "JW's take that seriously and earnestly try to save people from that disaster." it's tragic that the WT has capitalized on this sincere, Godly desire to aid mankind and used it for the profit of the WT elite. but hey, that's okay, at least the money-loving folk at the center of all this have never contributed to the upheaval of the world, or killed anyone directly. you concluded with: "Your heart is so filled with hate that it is bubbling up and clouding your vision. " "Your hateful comments do NOTHING against JW's and certainly don't help anyone. Go back to posting YOUR hope: that one day scientists will pull the magic rabit out of test-tube so that you can live forever." is it that the comments were truly hateful, or merely that you hate how the truth rings in your conscience? - travellin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit