Could This Be the Most Repellent Watchtower ....Ever?

by metatron 166 Replies latest jw friends

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    I have no apologies to make to this exploitative, unjust, ignorant cult - or anyone who defends their misdeeds.

The WT tried to kill my family. Then they tried to kill me. They killed my sisters 2 son's and have killed countless of other individuals and their families. This was done by their disfellowshipping, shunning of the weak, shunning of those not working for their organzation (AKA worldy ones.)

How can I have anything good to say about an Organization that promotes hatred towards anyone who is not working for the Organization? I was a good witness for 20 years--a nice person who tried my best to display understanding and mercy towards all of humankind. For this I was persecuted by the WT Org. In the end their message was loud and clear--Only love the Org--only support those supporting the Org--consider the rest of humankind as dead meat and treat them as such--the only reason to be nice to anyone is because they may be potential WT members--if not leave them behind and move onto the next door...

Just telling it like it is...

cybs

• observador
    observador

That's a good one Metra.

"Our son, Anderson, died when he was 14. Before his death, he was raising two chickens."

Just before finishing reading the sentence I thought it would say "two children", but to my dismay it said "two chikens". OMG!

A man of this age should be ashamed of raising chickens. Couldn't he choose something better to raise?

I'm sorry, folks, but I'm joking because I think this whole story is fake, not just the chicken part.

But, yes, what a shame for the Society to profit from the death of this young man IF this story is true! What a shame!

It was a bogus article like this on the back of another magazine that helped me wake up. Thank you, Watchtower.

Observador.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The boy probably starved to death and if he had cooked and eaten the two Watch Tower chickens he would still be alive. It's a sad choice of material to print in my opinion.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Farkel:

Ad Hominem - So What. This isn't an argument. It's an opinion swap. Metatron and all the others are just stating opinion. I haven't calmed down enough to argue in good faith.

• Farkel
    Farkel

proplog,

: Ad Hominem - So What. This isn't an argument. It's an opinion swap. Metatron and all the others are just stating opinion.

Don't you see your hyprocisy here? You are doing the very same things you accuse them of doing: stating an opinion. So why should your opinion mean more than their opinion?

: I haven't calmed down enough to argue in good faith.

Special pleading. You deserve a break to argue in good faith because YOU haven't calmed down. THEY don't deserve a break, period.

Hypocrite! The Watchtower has never left you. I've seen you do this stuff for years. You think you deserve special consideration that you deny to others.

Farkel

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    The WT tried to kill my family. Then they tried to kill me. They killed my sisters 2 son's and have killed countless of other individuals and their families. This was done by their disfellowshipping, shunning of the weak, shunning of those not working for their organzation (AKA worldy ones.)

Wow, sometimes I wonder about this cyber-sista person. She seems to be getting more radical as time goes on. But she kind of makes sense to me too.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Farkel:

Logic is not the only game in town. I am not sworn to logic in all circumstances. So if I choose to have an exchange with people that doesn't get bogged down in "logic" that is simply my choice - it does not make me a hypocrite.

I would like to invite you or Metatron to state your point as a PREMISE and CONCLUSION. Then I may decide to challenge its logic. So far things haven't unfolded in that direction.

In this particular discussion, especially at this point in this discussion, I don't think logic will help. We are dealing with "perceptions" in this situation. Logic can be used to reinforce perceptions (prejudices) but logic and argument will not change perceptions. Logic will tidy up things within existing paradigms but not change them. I am challenging the "perceptions" of Metatron and his chorus.

I think we tend to like logic because it makes us feel intellectually busy.

• minimus
    minimus

Prop, Your perceptions are illogical.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Note:this sign is ten years old,(before the internet).I used it to picket the IRS campus in Andover Massachusetts.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Minimus:

What do you mean by "perception"?

Which perception? Do you mean the perception I get from observing that Metatron and his chorus hate Jehovah's Witnesses?

I hate GE Appliances. They don't operate properly. Well, not all GE appliances. Just their dishwashers. Well, maybe not all their dishwashers but in particular the one that I use to own. Guess I shouldn't be so angry with GE. To be fair I have a couple GE appliances that have served me quite well.

As you can see I start out with a certain perception about GE Appliances. As I enlarge my horizon of experience with GE Appliances I realize that I need to change my perception of the quality of GE Appliances. Probably the next time I go shopping I will forget about being fair and fall back to my old perception that "I hate GE Appliances". My experience with that dishwasher had a powerful effect in defining my view of GE Appliances. Unless I keep reminding myself that my experience is limited to ONE BAD DISHWASHER my perception will remain the same.

Now do you think I am the right person to ask about the quality of GE Appliances?

This is obviously not a good place for people to come if they want a "fair" assessment of JW's.

To be "fair" JW's aren't fair either.

As with many posts here Metatron has stooped to petty fault finding and playing the game AIN'T IT AWFUL?...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit