Could This Be the Most Repellent Watchtower ....Ever?

by metatron 166 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

You'll be getting the Aug. 1 Watchtower soon. On it's rear cover, it has the following article:

"We Would Like to Say, 'Yes'"!

"The branch office of Jehovah's Witnesses in Nigeria recently received a letter that, in part

says the following:

"Our son, Anderson, died when he was 14. Before his death, he was raising two chickens.

He wanted to sell them and then send the money to the branch office as a contribution to the

world wide preaching work. But he died before they could be sold.

"In view of his desire, we, his parents, raised the chickens and sold them. We are sending

the money to you as Anderson's contribution. Because of Jehovah's promises, we are

confident that we will soon - very soon- see Anderson again. We would like to say, 'Yes!'

when he asks if we carried out his hearts desire."

The publication of this tragedy is so awful, so repellent, I'm left speechless.

I offer no criticism of the poor suffering parents - and their expectation of "very soon"

after a hundred and twenty years of false promises.

I can only conclude that the Watchtower's desire for money has overwhelmed all

remaining sense of shame in exploiting their flock.

I apologize for calling the Watchtower leaders things like "vermin" - and getting my

posts removed thereby.

Read , meditate and draw your own conclusions.

metatron

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

the Watchtower's desire for money has overwhelmed all remaining sense of shame in exploiting their flock.

Just them reporting the story to get money from death people from their familly is silly ! (Why don't they just ask for the whole legacy on a contract) ...

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

To capitalize on someone's death just to get donations is repugnant. It's one thing for the young man who died ,or his family, to have a belief and then act on it, but it's quite another for the Society to market that death into money.

Disgusting.

"Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness ... Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator. You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?" -- Joseph Welch to Sen. McCarthy

• logical
    logical

I totally agree.

However maybe its good in a way they are printing this... the more of this disgusting stuff (they truly ARE a disgusting thing standing in a holy place) they print.... the more people will eventually see how warped and twisted their "god" the watchtower really is.

• dorothy
    dorothy

Oh my God, just when you thought the Borg could not possibly stoop any lower.

• Larry
    Larry

Yes, this is sick, not because they are begging for money, because all businesses do that, but God' s Spirit Directed Organization should not have to stoop to such 'worldly' manuevers.

Reminds me of Wu-Tang's 1993 hit classic -

C.R.E.A.M

Cash Rules Evertyhing Around Me

Peace - LL :)

• Elsewhere
  • Englishman
    Englishman

Of course, the story about the chicken is most likely just horseshit. The point being mad is that if a poor dying kid is willing to sell his chickens and give the money to the WT, "Then how much more so should we affluent Westerners give blah blah blah.

Meanwhile I predict that many kids will be casting a worried eye at the rabbit hutch..

alt

Englishman.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

E-MAN : the story about the chicken is most likely just horseshit
    Right ! ... like the story of the dog named Jehovah
  • Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

About grieving the dearly departed JW style: 1 Thessalonians 4:13 nt : The Lord's Coming 13My friends, we want you to understand how it will be for those followers who have already died. Then you won't grieve over them and be like people who don't have any hope. ( CEV ){{Then you won't grieve over them.}} The Watchtower's counsel on the grieving process for obedient Jehovah's Witnesses:."we don't grieve like worldings who have no hope'' About grieving the dearly departed JW style.I know of family's who have never come to terms with their losses because they expect their loved ones to come back in the resurrection any day. That day of horrendous sudden impact to accept that it's all a lie is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Not only did they extort our life savings and assets,but our loved ones aren't coming back in 6 months like the WT$ promised?Is the Nigerian branch made of "fire resistant materials"? 1 Corinthians 3:12-14) The Rockland Massachusetts Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses presents: Bob and Roberta's most excellent African Adventure. Giraffe
    Bob and Roberta Max out their credit card $4,000 to go on assignment from Jehovah.[1989]

Their assignment is two weeks @ the $ociety's Branch under construction in Nigeria .Bob bangs nails and Roberta folds men's underwear in 'her assignment from Jehovah' @ Laundry department. The Nigerian branch seems to be some kind of monetary sink hole.Undaunted Danny,has been around the block a few times baby.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit