This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    What a real tonic your messages are. They really are so dear to me!

Then we'll just have to keep them coming, Ian!
    Happy Monday! May you be blessed and be a blessing to someone today.

• gumby
    gumby

Nice to hear from you Ian. Keep taking your esiac if your doc thinks it's a good idea.

Hugs,

Gumby

• Dansk
    Dansk

BluesBrother, Marjorie & Gumby ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Today is a great day. I feel fine and pray that it will spill over to every day. Yesterday was a bad day

Bumped into an elder today and he was extremely kind and caring. He said there's always a place for my family and I back at the hall but I politely declined. I could see he was genuinely upset over my condition - after all, we'd been friends for years! I told him, in all honesty, I don't hate anyone. I said I love everyone and there's no point in bitterness, to which he agreed. I'm serious. My disease has made me realise that there's no room for hating and bitterness in this life. I realise how precious good health is and what we can achieve when we have such a wonderful condition. We can help so many people; we can give more of ourselves.

I was told that everyone in my old KH is saddened by my condition and that they'd all welcome be back. That's nice, but I could never go back. I know the truth about the organisation and I feel I know the truth about life. It's also all right being informed that people are so sorry and want me back but there hasn't been a single enquiry from any JW at my door or by telephone. I'm not angry, as I said. People have their own lives and their own problems to dwell on - which makes YOUR thoughtfulness for me so wonderfully special. YOU make time and THAT means everything.

Bless you all,

Ian

X

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Thanks Ian for keeping us updated on your highs and lows.

I'm so saddened by what you and your family are going through, I hope that you can beat this awful disease. Have a great day!

love

cj

• gumby
    gumby
    I told him, in all honesty, I don't hate anyone. I said I love everyone and there's no point in bitterness, to which he agreed. I'm serious. My disease has made me realise that there's no room for hating and bitterness in this life.

Amen Amen and Amen!!!!!!!!

Good for you Ian. Before you were sick, you didn't realise this like you do now. Many times when we realise our own mortality, we take another look at things in another way and realise we all need each other. One thing that has come out of all this.........you have learned many things. Now when you get all better......you can be our new guru.

Luvs ya my friend

Gumby

• Sirona
    Sirona

Ian,

My disease has made me realise that there's no room for hating and bitterness in this life. I realise how precious good health is and what we can achieve when we have such a wonderful condition. We can help so many people; we can give more of ourselves.

Thanks for that reminder.

I'm glad you're having a good day.

I agree with you on not hating the JWs but also keeping firm in the conviction that it is better not to be controlled.

Hugs

Sirona

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**I could see he was genuinely upset over my condition - after all, we'd been friends for years!

I think when you come right down to it----most of the JWs would really love to maintain the friendships that they have made prior to our leaving the WTS. Look at how everyone always used to be so affected and sad when a disfellowsipping was announced at the Hall. The tears and the sad faces afterwards. We KNEW what that meant----an end to friendship and association with that person.

It's not normal or ingrained in us to BE this way, despite the commands of men. It's not natural at all. Our emotions don't "work" that way like a light switch. WHY can't people be allowed to be pleasant and cordial but for the orders from the WTS leaders. It really doesn't make sense!

I'm glad he was nice to you, Ian, and it was a nice gesture on both your parts, and will go a lot further rather than snubbing and shunning those brothers you once loved.

Take care, dear one, and know we love you!

Love and hugs always,

Annie

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Dansk,

I keep reading this topic and have wanted to say something profound or helpful, but....the words are not coming out. All I can say is the best to you. Love reading your posts and your thoughts have been helpful to me. Sending some good ones your way-- with much aloha

Love and peace be with you,

cybs

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    I'm glad he was nice to you, Ian, and it was a nice gesture on both your parts, and will go a lot further rather than snubbing and shunning those brothers you once loved.

Take care, dear one, and know we love you!

Well said, Annie!

BTW, doesn't it touch your heart to see the outpouring of love of affection for Ian and Claire and their family? I usually do a lot more lurking than posting on this forum, but I feel a closeness to all of you who are rooting and wishing (and praying) for Ian as I am.

Marjorie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    they'd all welcome be back

Ah, yes, they'd welcome you back into THEIR world but won't step over to yours. I pray that I may never be that narrow-minded again. Dear Ian, I don't post much on this thread but I read it every day too, to keep up with you and how you're feeling, and you and your family are in my prayers every day. It's so wonderful to pray for everyone I love and not just for Witnesses and then for the others to "learn the truth."

I hope everyone's positive energy will help you heal.

Love & lots of hugs,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit