This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon

Hope all goes well and you get some good news

• Brummie
    Brummie

Gee dansk, sorry to hear this, looking forward to hearing you get the all clear following the treatment.

Thinking of you and your family

Brummie

• kls
    kls

That is why i have not heard from him. I e-mailed him a while back with no response.

Dansk , i am still going to marry you when i grow up. Please keep us informed.

I am so sad and so so sorry.

Love ya Dansk Kathy

• Latte
    Latte

(((((((((((((((((((((((Ian & Family))))))))))))))))))))))))

Our best thoughts are heading your way!

Latte & Family

xx

• Sirona
    Sirona

Dansk & Family,

I'm upset to hear of what you're going through. Firstly a big sincere ((((HUG)))) to you!

Dansk, the word cancer is never a death sentence - remember that first and foremost. There are so many out there who have managed to fight it and win. That said, every person is different and every case is different and you have your own battle to fight, just like anyone diagnosed with cancer.

I found it useful to think of the cancer in my mind as a small thing. It isn't a small issue in your life, that isn't what I'm saying, what I'm saying is that physically try to visualise it as small and weak, and your immune system as strong - fighting it and winning. Even if its for only 5 minutes a day, try to sit and see yourself healthy and cancer free - really see yourself enjoying life in the years to come. They've done studies which show that this certainly helps with the battle - physically.

People used to say to me "Think positively and you'll be fine" and to be quite honest I think that is bullshit. I used to think "how the HELL can I think positively during these surgeries and this crap???!!" and I think that this makes the cancer patient feel as though they *should* be suddenly positive, like you can switch it on like a light switch. That is rubbish, and you should allow yourself to scream and cry and be hurt, and be down. Then when you can, you try to be positive in small ways, just when you can.

My experience wasn't as hard as many peoples, because I didn't need Chemo, but I can honestly say that it changed my entire life - positively. That sounds wierd but it is very true. If you do beat this thing (and knowing you I'd wager you've got a bloody good chance) you'll have a treasure that not everyone has, you really will.

The emotional roller coaster of having a bad diagnosis then having a "good" test result, then a bad one etc. etc. is probably the hardest thing - well it was for me. During this your family will be of great help to you, those you have close. If you all talk together about how worried you are etc then its going to help, rather than all pretending is OK and pushing the real worries aside.

I'm sure you know all of this, I suppose if there is anything in this post which you can glean which might help you then that'll be great!

I will send you some Reiki if you think that is OK, I hope you read this thread.

Love

Dawn (Sirona)

xxx

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

get well soon dansk!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Mouthy. Thank you for convincing Dansk to change his mind, and share his situation with all of us.

Dansk. You've been a fighter all your life, and I don't expect you to back down now.

• morty
    morty

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Dansk & Family))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thinking about you

Morty

• Sassy
    Sassy

Thank you for posting this Mouthy.

Dansk, I am so sorry to hear about this. Hoping the results come back without the worst results.. your in our thoughts..

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((((((((((Dansk & Family))))))))))))))

*sigh* a bump in the road of life.

Please stay mentally strong.

Maybe this will be an oppertunity to talk with your girls and help them see the light.

Know that you are loved.

Joy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit