This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday to you, too, Marjorie!

Lyin Eyes:

I would like to know more of how you learned the things you have to make you see things the way you do now.

I love Buddhism because there is a real love for all life. The moment one deliberately causes violence or kills, one ceases to be Buddhist. Being a Buddhist has also given me a greater appreciation of Christianity, i.e. what Christianity REALLY means - which, to me, is the same as Buddhism.

There are times when, yes, I, too, am afraid that I might die. Then, when I'm calm and in a more collected mood, I see it for what it is. We are all conditioned. There is no such thing as 'I'. For example, are you the same person you were yesterday? Last week? Last year? Ten years ago? Of course not. We have to see that we are a spiritual being wrapped up inside a physical being, brought about through the conditions we have generated ourselves. Now that I see this more clearly, I have become more loving - I even love myself more - and THAT is what keeps me going.

I don't want to die for another 30 years, because there's so much I want to do now. I want to help as many people as I possibly can, something I never really thought about until I contracted this disease. I have learnt from having an affliction. We have to heal the hurt inside, something we may have carried around for decades, before we can be truly healed altogether - and certainly before we can really help anyone else.

So far, today has been a good day. I keep on progressing as much as I can. I try to steer clear of upset and anxiety. I surround myself with positivity. I try not to dwell on my illness, but on the cure.

I owe so much to so many already. Everyone here has been a tower of strength for me. Did you know, and research bears this out, that those who have been prayed for survive better than those who haven't! This is both Christian and Buddhist. The forces surrounding us are far more powerful than we realise. I try to tap into that power. Your prayers and vibes are having a greater impact for me than you possibly realise, so please don't ever stop.

It's lunch time here so I'm going to grab some (all vegan). Claire is on holiday all week, thankfully, so we can get about together.

I thank you from the depths of my soul for all your wondefully upbuilding thoughts and comments.

All my sincere love,

Ian

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**So far, today has been a good day. I keep on progressing as much as I can.

((((Ian))))

So nice to see you're having a good day----I'm opting for a lifetime of them for you, dear one!

I'm sure you're going to enjoy having Clair home on vacation (as will SHE,lol!) and it will be comforting to spend some time together on a more relaxed basis.

My love to you and your family...

hugs always,

Annie

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• desib77
    desib77

((((( Ian ))))))

Some smiles & hugs for you today, Ian.

Desi

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi Ian

Just dropped by your daily journal to say I'm still sending you good thoughts and even prayers...and I don't really care to pray anymore so it feels a little odd.

Interesting comments you made about being Buddhist. Sounds like a world of Buddhists would be a peaceful place to live, not as exciting as a world of nudists mind you.

Red Skelton once said "I like Buddha, but I like margarine too"

Keep your postive attitude Ian, it not only helps you..it inspires me..Thanks

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Shotgun : Just dropped by your daily journal to say ...Keep your postive attitude Ian
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

((((Ian & claire))))

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Ian))))))

I'm so glad you're doing well lately! You sound so at peace. I'm actually envious. Please continue your daily log here...I do look almost every day I'm at a computer. I always come here wondering if you've posted.

Love to you!

Andi

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Ian - BTW - you're new picture is lovely! You're quite the handsome fellow! You look much healthier than the last picture, although I miss seeing your little pupppy!

• qwerty
    qwerty

That makes perfect sense........

So far, today has been a good day. I keep on progressing as much as I can. I try to steer clear of upset and anxiety. I surround myself with positivity. I try not to dwell on my illness, but on the cure.

Keep thinking that way mate.

Qwerty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit