This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ian:

I do hope you will all understand. It hasn't been an easy decision to make. At the end of the day I have to do what I feel is right for me - and that includes looking after the mental and spiritual side as well as the physical.

What's not to understand?
    It's entirely your decision and I can't imagine anyone is going to question you on this.
    Personally I can entirely understand your not wanting to be a lab rat (cancer treatment has made great strides since my grandfather died of it in the 50's but it's still an experimental business).

Maybe they should study you on the form of treatment that you have chosen for yourself !

You continue in our prayers, my dear friend

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Ian

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Dearest Ian,

With your explanation of your decision, it is most certainly understandable! I can see why you've made the choice that you have.

We all are praying for you and pulling for you in our own ways, and that would have to include doing what YOU feel is the best for YOU! It will be one less thing to worry about by rejecting the chemotherapy that you've explained will do no good for your particular cancer.

Keep up with the postitive efforts and things that will bring you peace of mind and a measure of well-being......

Love and hugs always,

Annie

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Ian

You said:

At the end of the day I have to do what I feel is right for me - and that includes looking after the mental and spiritual side as well as the physical.

Changing your mind on things is your right and I agree with what you said 100%.

I think you need to maintain as much control as to what treatments you wish to take and which ones you don't.. and still have the right to change your mind.

No one can live your life but you, Ian.

I support you 100% in your decisions.

The only thing I know for sure sometimes is that life can be very unfair. In my opinion, this whole deal that has ended up in your body is unfair..I just hate cancer of any kind.

(((Ian)))

love

Special K

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Dear Ian,

I'm sure no one would think of adding to the pressure you've been through, even though we may sometimes unwittingly do that.

I, for one, still stand in awe at your clear-sighted freedom in such a situation. You are a great person and I have learnt a lot from you.

Sticking by you as so many here,

Didier

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Ian))))))

It is your decision, as you are the only one that can make it. We do not judge you for those opinions because we know that you are making the right choice for YOU! We are proud of your openness in sharing this struggle with us. I am continually amazed by your spirituality and pray that God continues guiding you. (And I have no doubt that He is!)

We love you dear Ian. Your recovery is for YOU...not us. You have our approval on whatever you choose!

XOXOXOXO,

Andi

• Sassy
    Sassy

Ian/Dansk, we support whatever you do.. and you are in our thoughts regularly. We wish there was more we could do for you.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear All,

Whenever I come here I receive strength from your outpourings of love. As I write this I am incredibly choked and it's all I can do to stop the tears flowing........................

You are still in my thoughts Ian.....

((((((((hugs))))))) Love Morty

As you are continually in mine! ((((((Hugs)))))) returned

You continue in our prayers, my dear friendLT

I know, dear Ross, and I'm overcome!

Hi Ian

Changing your mind on things is your right and I agree with what you said 100%. Special K

Yes, and I'm so pleased everyone understands. Pity the doctors don't! Thanks, Special, which is exactly what you are - SPECIAL!

Love and hugs always, Annie

Wish I could reach through the screen to hug you, Annie, but this will have to do (((((((((((HUGS))))))))). Thanks!!

Sticking by you as so many here,

Didier

Didier, your words continue to upbuild and strengthen me. Thank you so much! Manly (((((Hugs)))))

We love you dear Ian. Your recovery is for YOU...not us. You have our approval on whatever you choose!

XOXOXOXO, Andi

I know I can rely on everyone here, Andi. You have been a rock through all this.

we support whatever you do.. and you are in our thoughts regularly. We wish there was more we could do for you.Sassy

And THAT, means the absolute world! Thank you!!

I'm reading a book - between other books - entitled 'You Can Conquer Cancer'. It's by Ian Gawler, an Australian, and is incredibly inspiring. He wrote that when one suffers from cancer most people view that person as a cancer patient rather than as a person. Happily, that has not happened here. You see, already the telephone calls and visits from some friends have ceased. I don't blame them and I understand why. It must be incredibly difficult for people who were once in regular contact to come to terms with what happens to their friend. They find it immensely difficult to find what to say. The point is, there's nothing TO say! One is still the same person and cancer is just a disease like chicken pox or mumps. Granted, it's a more serious disease, but the more people carry on as normal around the cancer patient the better.

Coming here is a lifeline, believe me. Many posters want to leave a message on this thread, I know, but they, too, don't know what to say. Again, I understand and don't think any the worse of such people. This disease is difficult for everyone and I fully appreciate how hard it is for people to put into words what they'd like to. It's ok, please believe me!

For those of you who post here frequently I am so grateful. How you continue to find the words to say astounds me!

Well, it's Tuesday again and that means prayer evening, if you're up to it again. I feel the need for your prayers, good wishes and vibes so please continue. I'll be in bed around 11.00 p.m., I should think, while most of you are well awake. As I'm not having the chemotherapy now I'd appreciate your concentrating on my tumour shrinking and my returning to full health. Certainly when more prayers are said the more energy comes my way and it definitely works. Blessings on you all. Here's to you and to tonight!

Love,

Ian

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Ian:

As always you are in my prayers every day! Have you ever considered shiatsu, also? Just another thought. I can see how hard these decisions are on you, and I hope that you always take the path of choice that is most comfortable, and causes you the less stress and fear. I am very glad that you are making informed choices as to what is best for you at which times. That is an important part of healing, I am sure.

God bless you, Claire and the kids as you go through this rough, though spiritually enlightening journey, Ian!

Hugs

Country Girl

• FMZ
    FMZ

As always you are in my prayers every day! Have you ever considered shiatsu, also? Just another thought.

Come on, Country Girl. What with his illness and all, the last thing he needs is a dog!

What? Ohh... Shiatsu... Never mind.

Dansk:

Hey mate... I'm glad that your decision has helped you mentally and spiritually, and who knows, it may well be the best thing for you physically.

I'll be sending healing thoughts to you tonight mate... I hope and pray it makes somewhat of a difference to you, whether it simply be pain relief, or even driving back the tumor a little.

I have to say, you are a great example to us all in your faith, courage, and love in dealing with this. Let us know how you get on.

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit