This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mulan
    Mulan

Ian, thanks so much for keeping us updated. I sent you an email just now.
    Marilyn

• kls
    kls

Ian, so glad you still have your humor, you are always in our thoughts and hearts.

Keep posting ,for we truly care and want to know of our beloved Ian.

• anglise
    anglise

Hallo Ian

I am glad your appointment went better than expected. It sound as though you have found someone who at least understands your point of view, so that is at least one less battle to fight.

Shame about the ham fisted staff doing the bloods. Some are definately better at it than others.

Well, I had to strip to my undies and the professor had a good prod around ? including a feel of my testicles. I didn?t mind that so much but why oh why is there always an attractive nurse ? plus a young female doctor ? looking on ? OK, they?ve seen it all before ? but one?s eyes invariably look down at the region and I don?t wish my doodie to be compared in their minds!

You and Claire are real stars with all thats hit you these last few years you still have your sense of humour.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how things went

Love Anglise

• Dansk
    Dansk

Joe, Waiting, Marilyn, Kls and Anglise,

Thank you so much for your welcome messages. They are so encouraging.

Waiting, I may contact Patio. Thanks. As I?ve mentioned previously, chemo is not an option I?d like to try with this disease. I?m not being brave. On the contrary, I?m frightened of what it can do!

I know some people have chemo and live long and happy lives. But, in the main, that is not so with MCL. It seems the older one is the better their chances.

Marilyn, I?ve replied to your e-mail. Thanks.

Last night Ross (LT) stayed here on his way down to E-man?s barbecue. It was great to see him again, he?s looking really well. I?m sorry I can?t make the BBQ due to a previous booking for which I?d forgotten we had tickets.

I sincerely hope you all have a terrific weekend.

Love,

Ian

X

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    I?m sorry I can?t make the BBQ due to a previous booking for which I?d forgotten we had tickets.

So what did you and Claire go see? I guess dinner at a nice restaurant is out of the question, just now? Or are there some good vegetarian restaurants where you could go and still stay on your diet?

Hugs,

Marjorie

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Marjorie,

I believe there are a number of restaurants around Manchester that can cater for vegans, but for the moment I don't feel up to going out for a meal.

Claire and I went to see 'The Bradshaws' - strictly north English humour. It's one man who takes the voices off of a family of three: mum, dad and their son, Billy. We first heard "them" on the radio some 20 years ago. I was decorating my daughter's bedroom at the time and had the radio on. I just couldn't stop laughing. Ever since, we've listened to the sketches whenever they've come on. Last night was a chance to see "them" first hand at the Lowry Theatre, Salford Quays, very close to Manchester.

During the first 15 minutes or so I was decidedly uncomfortable, extremely warm and wanting to go home. I managed to see my feelings through and started to really enjoy myself during the second part of the show. However, it made me realise that travelling down to E-man's BBQ might have been a little too much. At the moment I think it wise not to travel too far. The Lowry Theatre is only a few miles from where I live so if I had taken ill I could be home in a short while. That's the trouble with this disease. One's feelings are up and down. Thankfully, right now I feel really well. I think being at home does much to assist progress. I feel relaxed and more comfortable. When my tumours shrink I'll start to wander further afield.

Just got some news from Claire. The telephone just rang and it was STEPHANIE asking how I was. Claire said she had a really good chat with her.

Love,

Ian

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

((( Dansk )))

Please forgive me for taking so long to respond to this thread. I must admit I noticed it before yet hesitated to respond. I felt at a loss for words and was afraid to say something that may make matters worse. And in all honesty getting to know you through your inspiring posts made my reply to you that much harder. The thought of your pain and shock at learning what you have must have been so very hard for you and your family.

I can not imagine what you are going through, I guess I did not want to face such reality when it hits so close to those we have come to know and love.

Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and my best wishes are sent you way.

Much love, many hugs

((( Dansk and Family )))

Cassi

• ballistic
    ballistic

Dansk, your friends brought this to my attention at the BBQ in Weston Super Mare (Englishman's), I hadn't realised. I just want to sign in to to I feel for you. You are obviously on peoples minds and now mine.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    Just got some news from Claire. The telephone just rang and it was STEPHANIE asking how I was. Claire said she had a really good chat with her.

Yaaaaay!!!!

Marjorie

• mouthy
    mouthy

My darling Dansk!!! I have read all the info. You have been on my prayers night & morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit