Gettin' Personal here.......

by Frannie Banannie 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Lutece
    Lutece

Gumby,

I agree with your thoughts. Just because we can't explain it doesn't make it a "spiritual" thing. My mom loved Roy Rogers, listened to his music and watched the old movies all the time. She even had his pictures up in her living room, decorated it with old western images. Roy Rogers was her childhood hero, sort of a father figure since her own father was a loud mouthed alcoholic. The night he died she woke up in bed, sat straight up and told my dad "Roy's dead". The next morning on yahoo news I read that Roy Rogers had died in the middle of the night so I called her up right away and she said "I know, I don't remember dreaming it, but I just knew real strongly that he had died".

She's had several other experiences like that and now that she's trying hard to be a "good witness" she claims it must be demons or something.

sigh

Anne

• gumby
    gumby

Your poor mom. Thinking demons are telling her things because of witness indoctrination.

What in the world would demons have to gain by telling people of events that just happened? Are demons looking for psychic recruits to be gathered from the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses? I think if I was a demon I could think of better things to do............such as coming down to the earth and gettin all the nice babes

Gumby

• Red Witch
    Red Witch

when i was about 15 and dressing for the meeting that night, I heard something outside my window, pulled the curtain back (it was a high window) and an inhuman face was there smiling and sort of laughing, our eyes did meet. I let out a blood curtling scream, bringing my father to my door. I told him i saw a face at my window and described as an ugly man laughing at me. As my dad made for the door outside to look for this man, I heard a whoosing noise like the man in the window running away. at least that's how my mind described it. my dad found no one.

I never told myself it was "the devil"as i really did not feel it was. later, when i was about 20, my husband and i would often drive down this one country road and there was this one house, the front door having a window at the top. driving by one time i was moved to look closely at the window, and guess who was there? the same face. after seeing it the first time, i was always compelled to look and see if it was still there. it was. but i still never really felt i knew the identity. we later had a terrible accident not 50yds from that house. only i was seriously injured, lost control of the car and it went end over end and rolled. my injuries were all to my scalp and face, potentially disfiguring, but received many hours of fine work by a talented physician. in fact the recovery was so complete that the surgury films are still used for instruction. i was then plagued with wondering if this being had caused this or protected me, due to the outcome, i now lean towards the later.

i never talked to anyone about this. my husband never knew about the face. you can't be a good jw and have visitations, right?

anyway, a few years later, in a different town far from there, my then 4yr old daughter used to like to work with me in the vege garden which also had very large avocado trees, and she would play there sometimes by herself (it was a fenced area). one day she came running in to me and said there was a goat in the tree and it was laughing at her. I think, oh my god, he's back. she wants to show me, so we go back out and look into the tree, he's not there, so i ask her to describe it to me. horns, a face looking at her and laughing and hooves for feet. so i then think, sheesh, this must be the devil. she saw him a few times after that in the same location. we moved a year or so later. this was many years ago and haven't seen him since, neither has she. I didn't leave the org until 10yrs later.

We now feel it was the architypical aspect of god as Pan. I had never seen a picture of Pan until a couple of years ago when i decided to start learning about mythology. there he was same face, & expression, and the rest like my little daughter described!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

LOL@ & thank you, Cheeses, for delivering my message, cher!

So many fascinating experiences....some are tentative and skeptical about the validity of their experiences, and I can't blame any of you for that....I became skeptical of some of mine which occurred during my borg daze....but since I also had pre-borg and post-borg experiences to shore 'em up, so-to-speak, I'm just tryin' to go with the flow and keep on sharing and try to determine the significance of what's happening in a sort of overview.....

To those who are skeptical, it might be pertinent to think of people like Einstein, Edison, Christopher Columbus, Wright Brothers, etc....who became famous for their discoveries by thinking "outside the box".....and that's what I think we hafta be willing to do....let go of our former teachings and opinions.....and think outside the box.....in order to progress to a possible awareness of where these experiences are leading us and what their significance is to the human race, as well as what these connections to a possible spirit realm mean on a larger scale.....

Frannie B

• gumby
    gumby
    it might be pertinent to think of people like Einstein, Edison, Christopher Columbus, Wright Brothers, etc....who became famous for their discoveries by thinking "outside the box".....

Staying "inside the box" is why the world is in the shape it's in.

Amen Frannie

Gumby

• Brummie
    Brummie

My experience was never under a trance like state. I was in total control and very wide awake and alert. I wasnt even tired. I'm a very down to earth person and not one who was seeking an experience. I didnt belong to any church or movement, I was in the final stages of renouncing JWs and had finally settled all issues of it not being "the truth".

My experience with penticostals has been comprehensive and for many of them they do not lose control, those that do usually belong to the extreme charasmatic movement which parts company with the penticostal Church when it comes to how "the gifts" come about. Though these days it seems the Penticostal church is up for grabs and has been highly influenced by the charasmatic movement. The 90's Toronto blessing, Pensicola experience, where all a product of Christianity being infused with mesmorism as far as I can see. The power of suggestion and hypnotism where very evident if one studied the "benny hinns" and " Rodny howard browns". The "worship" sessions before the sermon began lasted ages and I believe during these sessions peoples minds and emotions were played with and the scene was set for the speaker to make people believe they would "fall under the power". I do see this as being a product of human flesh and weakness rather than a spiritual thing.

I have always been a great sceptic of this phenomena and off any religious phenomena. However I cannot rule out people who have come to "know Christ" seperate from Churchianity. I have experienced this myself void of any Church. Believe it or not, I am a reasonable person and would willingly listen to any sceptic who could come up with a reasonable answer, rather that suggest its all in the brain. Coming to know another person is a very external as well as internal revelation.

None Christian religions can give you all the goosebumps and flesh appealing experiences you want but Christ gave me a relationship with him. No other religion claims to have the same experience, does a muslim come to know allah? As far as I know, Allah will always be very distant from them.

Anyhow, I'm interested in opinions.

Brummie

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Frannie, what an interesting thread.

I enjoyed reading all of your interesting experiences.

While in the Borg, I had a closed mind of this phenomenon , if anyone had a spiritual or an ESP experience, I would blame it on Satan, and tell them that (my Mom had several). But since leaving the jws, like everything else, I have re-elevated this.

I haven't had an ESP or spiritual experience thats been real profound. But I have had what is called Deja-vu, like this is real familiar. Or knowing that something is going to happen before it does, nothing big though, just small things. Or just a feeling about a certain situation, like vibes, both good and bad. My Mom claims that my Grandmother was clairvoyant, I wonder if that is inherited. Anyway, I am now open to the possibility that this is very real, and not caused by demons.

I feel that there is a fine division between the spiritual world and the physical.

Hapgood

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:

Staying "inside the box" is why the world is in the shape it's in.

Ermm - nope. It's been round (and around) for a lot longer than that.

If I started relating my experiences, we'd be here all week.
    I've already given one that involved prayer, a vision, and a bible text. It didn't involve anyone else, so I suspect it has nothing to do with ESP.

• gumby
    gumby

My point Little Toe was ,

if mankind did not have people who did not believe as the rest do/did, and di not seek to find out truths about matters.....then nobody would adavance and knowledge would be stiffled. Had not luther stepped out of the box the catholics would still be burning the likes of you and others......and me.

The "Box" is the accepted way the majority feels is truth. As you and I know........thats not always correct and history is proof of it.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sorry - I forgot the smiley. I was kidding with ya
    I agree with your comments, btw.

The deja-vu, prophetic-type experiences are the ones that hold my keenest interest.

I've had several such experiences, one including a vote where there was a three way split in the vote, that I knew about during the preceding hour. There were around 400 people involved in the vote, that evening.
    (It was in a religious setting - voting for a new minister)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit