Gettin' Personal here.......

by Frannie Banannie 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Brummie, I'd like to venture an opinion re: your experience, but the details seem to be sketchy to me....could you expand a little on your description of what happened?

I did note that you said you were alert, in a conscious state when it occurred....and that's been the case with most of my experiences, except for the dream/visions and, of course, one must be asleep for them to occur....but in their case, I had a witness in two instances where I was transformed by the visions as I slept and I was aglow with a light which seemed to come from within me....

Frannie B

• gumby
    gumby

What do you feel would be the point in you recieving that information? Why did you recieve it?

As far as I know........in the bible, God usually had a point in giving information to people.(this is the closest I could come with a emoticon to passin a fatty)

Gumby

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Thanks, Hap....I'm glad it's turning out to be of interest to so many....especially since it's been such a maligned (by the borg) area of interests and occurrences.....

You and others who've had similar deja vu or ESP experiences are so fortunate to have that talent or gift....I guess there have been times when I've experienced something of that sort, but I wasn't sure that's what it was at the time....for example: One time I was taking a friend to another nearby town to return her daughter after visitation on the weekend....she was in a custody suit with a cousin and her husband (mean as a junkyard dog redneck)....We were both leery of what mischief her cousin's hubby might be planning, since he hadn't done anything when we had arrived to pick her daughter up and I was downright apprehensive.....On the way over there, an old cliche kept rolling thru my mind..."Forewarned is forearmed...." over and over....I thought it was puzzling, but dismissed it until later.....as we left his driveway after dropping off her daughter, I heard clicking sounds as we returned to the hwy.....repititious clicking sounds.....then the tires started sounding like they were going flat....you know....the wabba-wabba-wabba sound.....fortunately, we were near a convenience store/service station and I pulled in.....the jackass had put roofing nails in a straight line where he thought I would park and thought they would catch both my right tires.....instead of parking like he thought I would, I pulled in adjacently to the position I had used the previous Friday, causing the roofing nails to enter both front tires.....as such, we were sure they had come from his shell-filled driveway, rather than being accidently dropped off some truck along the highway, which would have caused them to enter tires on either the right or left side alone......He had the nerve to show up a few minutes after I called a road service to replace two of my tires and claim he wasn't that chickensh*t to do something like that...to which I replied, "Then why do we keep having to scrape you off our shoes?".....As it turned out, "forewarned WAS forearmed"....I had just been paid and had the cash on me to pay for two new tires and the road service (on Sunday)......

Frannie B

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:
    Because I asked...

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Little Toe, according to what you posted (C&P'd below) that piqued my interest along these lines, I'd really be interested in hearing the details of your experience which floored you.... Frannie B

>In my own case, I was minding my own business climbing the JW's ladder of >power and obsession. I had no desire for a spiritual experience, and when it came >it floored me. Out of that sprung an immediate, and very personal relationship. (posted by Little Toe on another thread)

>A good number of them involved a bible, an example of which inspired this thread, I >believe. (posted by Little Toe on this thread)

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Czar,

I understand your viewpoint, so perhaps we can blame it on the fact that the reisling may have had an influence on your statement of admission - "..........your smart comments on how GULLIBLE (emphasis mine) all of those are who believe in the things we've experienced are!"

That about sums it up, though maybe the phrasing could have been better constructed.

Who knows, maybe my opinion will one day change - until that time I will maintain a healthy skepticism.

Consider that my positive contribution, and I will heed your advice and shutup.

cheeses - of-the-believes-it-when-he-sees-it-class.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

RedWitch, it sounds as though you and your daughter share a connection to a manifestation which warns of impending danger.....have you shared your experiences with her? (depending on her age of course, wouldn't wanna frighten her)

Frannie B

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

hey Gumby!

I don't know how other people here use the word, but to me "spiritual" does not mean the same as "religious" and "spirit" does not necessarily include any particualr deity/ies. I use "spirit" and "spiritual" to describe the non-material realm. So when I talk about spiritual experiences I only mean they are outside of human physical experience.

I don't want to say "super-human" or "para-normal" because I don't think those words cover it all--just parts.

I personally believe in "god", but I have to quantify it. I think there is some ULTIMATE ONE who was responsible for "creating" or "emanating" life(and I feel this was most likely on the feminine side of the yin/yang) however I do not think it requires worship or sacrifice or any of the other things that religion claims. And I think there are higher beings who humans have given the roles of gods and goddesses, who may or may not have taken advantage of the human need to worship and sacrifice. I think these hogher beings live in a realm that as humans we can only describe as "spirit". And I think we as humans carry that same capability and possibility and that is why we can communicate with the "spirit" albeit in an immature and undeveloped way. But we are evolving. And when we get to the level of being able to leave the physical and material we will also go on to that place. And from there who knows where we will go? But I believe once life starts it cannot stop, just change when necessary.

the way this translates for me is that one human lifetime is nnot long enough to evolve so I believe in reincarnation. and I think the further along in our evolution we go--the more "memories" and "spirituality" we will acquire. I also think it is different for all people and that even the ones who do not experience it in the same way, or have memories, just by being open to it(inviting it even as some have said they did and were disappointed) is a proof of the same evolution. I don't believe anyone will be left behind, but that is a common human fear. Hence all the armageddon and ragnarok nightmares.

Just more fodder for religion.

Ravyn

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Dear Brummie,

beautiful putty!

I have hesitated to talk about it, because I thought most people would really think I was messed up(it does not help when there is schizophrenia in the family and you live most of your life waiting for the other shoe to drop...)but...I had an experience similar to yours but not with Jesus. This is where I hesitate....but let me set the situation....

it was my first real Christmas after I left JWs. I always secretly loved the feeling of Christmas and would allow myself to share in it even when I was one. All the lights and holly and xmas tree and Santa...it was just so appealing to me. I never really got into the Nativity part, for me the attraction was in the eggnog and mistletoe and stockings and reindeer.... so anyway I started buying every children's book I could find on Santa Claus..all the stories and fables and myths and I got very attcahed to him. He became real to me. Well we didn't have alot of money and I dug up a poor pine tree out of the yard and potted it---it looked worse than Charlie Brown's tree...we had just moved there and knew no one. The day before Xmas a red jeep cherokee drives up the drive and Santa gets out. I am thinking 'who the heck is this and how did he know we lived here?' and he hands me a xmas bag with two gifts in it and without a word the man gets back in the car. I open my gift---the one with the girly paper---and it is pajamas in my size....and my husband got a sweat shirt. Now I don't claim this to be anything other than human...but it was odd and it made me even more determined to find out more about this mythology. Something moved this person to dress up like Santa and give gifts to complete strangers and that can't be bad, can it?

So anyway a couple more xmases go by and each one is a little better than the last for us. And about two years ago I decided I wanted a big porcelain Santa doll I saw on eBay. I was afraid it would go over $100 as he ones n the store sold for that much, but something told me to bid and not worry about it. I did not even check back on the auction until it was over, I was afraid i would lose it and it would break my heart! I won the doll for like $20! I was so thrilled and I kept looking at the picture of it waiting for it to arrive. The doll had such a lovely kind face.

In some of my pagan research into xmas and the German/Norse mythos I of course came across Woden. This is what the saxons called him in southeastern England. He was called Odin and Wotan in other areas, but I was always partial to Woden. I found a wonderful picture of him and I realized it was the same face as my Santa doll! So that night I did a meditation on woden and I recited a list of his names....(they do this in the Catholic Church too for Jesus or Mary---I forget what they call it...)

I felt such a prescence and warmth...it was not voices or a vision or anything like that...it was just sheer affection and it felt like it was going both ways. I really felt a relationship start with Woden. One of his names is All-Father, and many times when I need to pray....and I can't bring myself to use the name Jehovah anymore....I use Woden. And I know that he is the same one I always prayed to as Father, no matter what I called him.

Now maybe this sounds childish to you, and maybe it can be explained away by psychology. But I don't want it to be diminished. It is important to me and it is a relationship, not just some mystickal experience. So I can understand you having a relationship with Jesus.

Sorry for this being so rambling and weird.... but hey you all know me by now!

Ravyn

• Brummie
    Brummie

Ravyn I think its real nice that you shared all of that, and you know what really pleases me? Is that you got that sought after gift for $20. You deserved it.

I know little (nothing) about Woden, I'll have to look up some info on him.

For me there was no time out spent meditating or anything like that, I didnt set the scene for anything, though I was discussing Scripture just before hand, dont know if that would count?

Frannie & Ravyn, I'll go a little deeper into what happened.

It was a Monday and the elders were to be calling that night, I had arranged for them to call to see me to finish off a chapter in the "United in Worship book", I had put it off for months but decided to let them come.

About 2pm in the afternoon I felt very certain that I had to go to my moms house and someone would be there who had the answers to all my questions, I decided that it was just in my mind. (I am sceptical of all these things). So carried on preparing for the elders. By 4pm the feeling was more certatain than ever that I had to go, this was coupled with a very solid feeling in my heart of reasurance, I had never known that feeling before but it was an absolute comfort, it was as if someone had reached into me and was touching me in the chest, I could breath in and feel it. (I cant really find another way of explaining it).

By 6pm I was on the way to my mothers knowing I was letting the elders down since they were to arrive at 7pm ( I had every intention of being there for them, even though I knew at this stage that my religion was not the truth I just couldnt let it go). As I walked towards my mothers door the feeling in my chest was almost tangible, I could still breath in and feel it, it was an assured expectation of somethnig that had not happened yet.

I ran into my mothers house and said "Whose here?", if my mother had said an "elder" was here, then I would have re examined everything with him because I was certain someone was going to be there who had the answers for me. Well my ma said "No one is here" and I felt a little confused.

She then asked me why I hadnt been to meetings for 3 weeks and why I was turning my back on Jah. To this I responded that I wasnt turning my back on Jah, I was learning more about him. I then confronted her about the resurrection of Christ and how he was raised bodily according to the Sciptures. She started to cry. "Next you will believe in the trinity and be one of those mad born again Christians" she said.

Well she walked away from me and I walked into her kitchen to see who was in there (gee I was still looking for someone from the Kingdom hall).

I accepted the fact that no one was there. then sat on a seat and then my eyes opened to who Christ was, it was like another pair of eyelids opened within my eyes and I saw him and came to know him personally from that day. I didnt see a figure or a vision and I didnt get goosebumps or lose control or anything like that. I just knew him and knew that it wasnt all in the mind. The person who I met had all the answers, I didnt get them but he had them and that was who I set out to meet that day.

I left my mothers house a totally knew person, I wrote my da letter immediately and have never been so certain of anything up to this very day. It all made sense to me, the doctrinal arguments, the diversity of religion and all those confusing questions were disolved on the spot. I still shed a lot of tears at losing everyone but that was because of the loss and the unfamiliaratity of "the world" and not knowing what next and the deprogramming. But I knew him. I can never deny this, I cant except its just a "brain" thing because of the external parts that led me all the way through out the day and the final meeting.

I havent captured the whole thing, its not all intelectual but its not all mind either.

When I got home, and this might sound corny, I read Romans 10, "If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that he raised Christ from the dead, you will be saved" Paraphrased. Well that seemed to fit what had just happened to me. Well I cant add anything else to it. People have to make their own decisions and I dont have all the answers.

I dont base my whole life on that one experience, but I do believe it saved my life from the madness of it all. I believe in using intellect so I am at odds with a lot of Churches and cant settle into any. I'm still sceptical and question everything, but I will always believe in Christ and know him. I cant deny it unless I lie to myself.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit