Gettin' Personal here.......

by Frannie Banannie 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Ravyn2
    Ravyn2

Dear Yeru,

It is exactly people like you why I still call myself any kind of xtian and it is the kind of Catholicism you seem to know that is the reason why I could not be any other kind of 'partial' xtian but Catholic.

And I am not necessarily talking about your charimatic experiences, I am referring to specifically your comments about Jesus.

I have experienced equally mystical experiences in a deep shamanic ecstasy in Feri Witchcraft as I have in saying the Rosary. A saint who is related to my husband, Veronica Giuliani(do a search!), levitated, had bi-locations(two places at one time), and even had holy medals and objects IN HER HEART when she died(no one knows how they got in the actual organ!)which she told them were there.

Religion is layered. I happen to think Catholicism affords the most layers of xtianity available. And like you, the detractors are the individuals not the groups, but unfortunately the US is becoming this 'army of one'(is that the most offensive bull$h!t motto you have ever heard???!!!!!!)where the individual is dictating the majority.

I always appreciate your comments Yeru and you have helped me to take the mature road many times when all I wanted to do was stomp my foot and blow someone's head off.

My priest had no problem with me being a witch as long as I was a 'good' one! LOL He told me not to deny the gifts of Holy Spirit as SHE gives them. (He also told me that assigning HS a gender and Original Sin was not part of the Creed and therefore, in his educated opinion, optional.---which is what I love about Catholics--so many options....)

Ravyn

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

"Are you a good witch...or a bad witch" Gwendlyn to Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. I guess it's all perspective.....

YALL HEATHENS ILL BE BURNIN IN HELL WITHOUT NO ICE WATER

Ya'll know I'm kidding...right?

And thanks for your kind comments

• Satanus
    Satanus
    SS.

SMOOOCCHHHH!

Yup, that's it, alright.

SS

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Estee, I saw your paintings....briefly.....then they began showing up as large blank spaces with little red x's.......but they sure were fascinating......wish I could put mine in a pic, too.....

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yeah, Ascot...that was a real cliff-hanger.......

Yerus, I'm glad you filled in some of the details for us.....when you're "told" an answer to a prayer or request for something, that "voice" is completely different from one's own thoughts, isn't it?......At least, that's the way it is for me....that's how I recognize it's an answer......of course, the followup to the answer always backs it up....

Frannie B

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

SS:
    Heart Chakra / Kundalini / Filling with the Holy Spirit /etc. / etc.
    Could they be a similar thing?
    Similar experience, different frameworks of reference and explanation.

Rayvn:If I were to assign the Holy Spirit a gender, I think I'd be happier with "female", too. That's from an experiential point of view, rather than a distinct biblical one (though Proverbs 7 & 8 may be a clue).

Yeru:
    Thanks for sharing.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I am not trying to make my self better appear better then anyone else. But there are many times I feel that I could touch someone who is sick or ill and and even unhappy and they to some extent would be healed. It is an odd feeling. One that I am unable to describe. I don't have this feeling all the time but there are times when it is more intense then other times. I had these feelings even as a JW. but I have never ever told a single soul.. I love people and animals so intensley that I believe this is why I may have these strange feelings more often than not.

I know that there is life on another level of our universe. Our universe and the vastness of space tells me that there has to exsit live. How would God just make one planet for man? It isn't logical to me.

With my extreme love of live and all that is in it, tells me its possible for us to reach into resourses that we may not even be aware of.

Perhaps I am one of these personss. In many ways I feel gifted.

Love Ya Orangefatcat

PS Brummie I love your cat piccy with its bowtie.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

OFC, there's a name for the practice of healing by touch....maybe someone here can help out with that name??? Anyway, OFC, you might consider looking into the info on that subject to discover if there is a way to enhance your gift.

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit