Gettin' Personal here.......

by Frannie Banannie 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Little Toe, I tried to download the zip file for your experiences from your website, but my IE browser is on the fritz....is there any way someone could C&P it in a reply to this thread?

Frannie B

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Here's my big Charismatic experience at age 14 or 15. Bear with me....

At about the age 14 I started getting re-energized about going to my Catholic Church. One of the families in my parish offered to take me with them to one of their Catholic Charismatic Prayer meetings. Mind you now, I'd not heard the term Charismatic up until this point.

Well, the Thursday evening arrived, we went to the Shrine in Belleville, Il together. They opened with some great praise songs...again, something I'd not been exposed to. Then the folks around me begin to pray and sing in tongues....I had to ask...my host told me what was going on...anyhow...at the conclusion of the meeting I told my friend that I wanted what they had...thbey got some of the leaders together and they asked me if I wanted to pray for the spirit to come upon me...or for them to do it...I said BOTH. A heavy set woman stood in front of me, holding my hands out in the classical "pentecostal" prayer position (called the Orans position in the Catholic Church as the Latin for prayer is Ora" ) She had her thumbs pressed in my palms. Others were touching my shoulders, etc. I started praying...quites simply...come to me Holy Spirit...the others were praying this and other things as well...some in tongues. I began to feel a warm sensation on my chest. At first I thought the woman in front of me had stepped closer...and that it was body heat I felt...The feeling of warmth began to increase...and go deeper inside my chest...it eventually went all the way to my heart...becoming a pin point of very intense heat that then exploded throughout my whole body...apparently I fell down. My prayer automatically changed from "Come to me Holy Spirit" ...To "Thank You Jesus" without any real conscious effort on my part. I had a sense of well being...of being loved and loving all....I have no idea how long I was on the floor praising Jesus.

I'd never seen this phenomenom before...called being "Slain in the Spirit" in the Catholic Charismatic world.

True story.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    that old trick with the paper bag, worked, eh?

Awwwww....((((Rayzor))))...you're the best!!! Thanks for the rescue...

Little Toe wrote:

We all have our own frameworks of reference, to help explain stuff around us. When it touches the "impossible", those frameworks seem to become more fragmented. Personally I go for a more Christian based one.

Yes, LT...Just sharing my own experiences. Please define "impossible"...

I appreciate that everyone is in their own place on the spiritual path. I've noticed that some people are completely oblivious of their "spirituality"...their choice, I suppose... I would not presume to try and "change" someone or insist that my way is the only way... I just really appreciate "spiritual" people. That seems to be one of the criteria I look for in a guy before I will date him... The reason for that is because I want to feel like I could talk about our spiritual experiences. Also, I know some really wonderful "bonding" exercises I learned in my HT Course!

FrannieB wrote:

I would love to see the paintings of your visions....you may say you're a spiritual newbie, but Estee, you seem to be a very old soul who's more well-acquainted or connected with spiritual entities than you realize....please DO post those paintings, cher...

Okay, FrannieB!!! Here goes!!!

Looking up into the White Light....as I was receiving a Healing Touch Treatment

White Light from another angle....the red stuff is the top of my head...hehehe!!!

Soooo....am I DemonizedTM yet???

oh, and...

Yerusalim wrote:

The feeling of warmth began to increase...and go deeper inside my chest...it eventually went all the way to my heart...becoming a pin point of very intense heat that then exploded throughout my whole body...apparently I fell down.

Wow! Incredible! Thanks for sharing that, Yeru...Personally, I have ummm... issues with Christianity

ESTEE

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

ESTEE,

Do you have Issues with Christianity or those who claim to practice it? Jesus himself was a pretty cool guy none too closely followed by those that cliam him.

• acsot
    acsot
    The feeling of warmth began to increase...and go deeper inside my chest...it eventually went all the way to my heart...becoming a pin point of very intense heat that then exploded throughout my whole body...

This seems to be a physiological reaction to a deep state of meditation. I saw a documentary on Tibetan monks regarding this phenomenan and also described in an MSNBC article, part of which is pasted below:

Tibetan medicine gains favor in the West

By Janet E. Ziegler
    MSNBC, Oct. 1 - 1999

WASHINGTON — Some Tibetan Buddhist monks have their own way of dealing with cold weather. Those who practice a system of meditation known as “tummo” or “inner fire” are able to raise their temperature so effectively they can spend the night on a snowy mountain ledge wrapped in nothing but a thin shawl, and emerge in the morning in full health.

THE MONKS also test their skills by sitting in 40-degree rooms wrapped in wet sheets. As the monks raise their body heat, the moisture evaporates from the fabric and steam rises into the cold air. The one who dries the most sheets by body heat alone wins.
    For the Tibetans, the real goal of the meditation is not just to warm up; it is to burn away dark energies and refresh the inner self. At the moment they release the heat, the monks report feeling bliss.

I've been able to generate a feeling of heat through my limbs and abdomen and up to my throat when meditating; it's a very different feeling from what I described in my earlier post on my late father, but intriguing nonetheless.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yerus, your experience sounds phenomenal! How wonderful for you.....Just curious.....have there been any followup experiences for you other than being "slain in the spirit?"

Frannie B

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I've expreienced the presence of God since then, yes...but no more slain in the spirit stuff...nor did I ever speak in tongues.

• acsot
    acsot

What other experiences of God? Like a presence, answers to prayers, something like what I experienced with my dad?

don't just leave us dangling like that!!

Acsot (of the curious and inquisitive class)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeru

Sounds like the opening of the heart chakra.

SS

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

SS.

SMOOOCCHHHH!

What kind of experiences...similar to what was described...though less intense...and yes...answered prayers...like when my pop-in-law needed some money...I had some cash put back for a ballon payment on a loan. I prayed and was told that the money would be there when I needed it...how? The answer was just "there" in my mind.

Three days before the loan was due I received a quite unexpected Check for $700.00 which covered the ballon payment and a few odds and ends. It was some time of insurance overpayment settlement or some such thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit