Gettin' Personal here.......

by Frannie Banannie 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Oh, Brummie....what a wonderful experience you described.....evidently, Christ had an "appointment" he wanted you to keep with him, which held precedence over your appointment with the elders........I know what you felt, Brummie......it's like a sudden, very emphatically reassuring knowing.....that you don't even have to struggle with in your mind and heart....like knowing who and where you are when you awaken in the morning.....only more profound, since the knowing seems to settle into your consciousness in the space of a heartbeat....I'm so glad you shared that with us....thank you, Brummie...(muuuuah)

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

OCW, that must have been very encouraging to see those spirit lights....have you and your daughter continued to have a good relationship after that?

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Teejay, I think you're on tha money with your view of a relationship with God....it should be without prompting except between the two of you......"outside the box" and without benefit of books or others' opinions....it's the only way a person could be sure their experiences are valid.....which is why I've questioned some of my experiences over the years....because of the bible's and the borg's influences on my mind....

Frannie B

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I can only think of two times while in the Org. that something strange happened and if you asked me today as back then I would tell you the same thing. I do believe the angels were involved.

There was three of us in the service. My father,myself and another sister. We were doing return visits. Because my father had a real good call on the same street as this sister did they decided to go those calls. I dropped my father off at his call and Chris and I went about 12 homes down the road to her call. Hers was a German call, Chris was German. Anyway we weren't a minute into that call when I started pleading with Chris that we must leave and now. I felt this sense of urgency like I have never felt this before in my life. She was saying no and I said yes now, now we must go, I am glad this lady didn't speak english. I said to Chris. I don't know why but we have go to go now please come now. So she told the lady we must leave. When getting out to the car Chris was angry and I told her I think something is wrong with my dad. We drove into the driveway and Chris stayed in the car. I walked to the door and my father let me in and I said where is the man and he said he has gone to get a book I loaned him. I told him (dad )I have a bad feeling as I was coming in the door the women and her children were walking into the field. My father said Terry go back into the car I will be right there. So I went to the door in the kitchen and I could not open it. I tried and tried, and then I looked up and the lady had latched the door, way up high, so I grabbed the chair and unlatched the door and got into the car. Next thing I hear screaming and shouting the man was pummeling my father with his fists and my dad was running to the car and the man was chasing dad. I openned the back door for dad and he got in. Now the man grabbed the car window and wouldn't let go and father said pull out, pull out, and I said his feet are there, dad said I don't care just back up and get out of here. So that is what I did. My heart was pounding as was dads. We all looked at each other. And we just couldn't believe what had happened.

My father asked me why did I come back, and I said I am not sure. But I had this extreme sense of urgency, I thought something was wrong. I know now it must have been the angels directing me back to that house. Well dad said, he was going to kill me and if you had not shown up I would have been killed. I told him I saw the rest of the family walking into the fields.... Wow. That the door was latched way up high and I know also Chris is upset with me. But I just had never felt like this before not ever. I knew just knew I had to be at his side, and you know what my dad and I never had a close relationship.

Now do you want to hear this, because my father was so angry with me later on in years he told people that it was my other sister that was with him. He told this experience for many years. She couldn't even begin to know this story. She wasn't there I was. As I knew every detail. I just think my dad was so angry that he wished it was with my other sister than me. When I reminded him of it that it was me he looked at me and said oh yea, it was you.

Some graditude. eh??

Orangefatcat.

• obiwan
    obiwan

Well I don't specifically believe in reincarnation, however I do feel like I'm an "old soul". When I was a kid, my surrounds always had that,"been there done that" feeling to it. My wife believes this as well, she gets that vibe of previous relationships in my life that go further back than my present life.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

OFC, what an experience!!! I'm sorry your Dad didn't appreciate your intervention which saved his life, except at the time it occurred.....and I'm so glad you could be there to save him....I agree with you, it must have been angels or something of that sort influencing your strong feelings of imminent danger to your Dad....thanks for sharing that.

Frannie B

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Frannie:
    I've put some of it on my website:
    http://www.angelfire.com/trek/littletoe/Profile.html

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I am not talking about a book like a 'Truth' book! LOL this is actually dealing alot with quantum brain states and it talks about strange phenomenon...it is not so much an instruction book as the results of experiments. it is stuff you and frannie would both like. Don't let the Bible scare you away from words! I appreciated the chapters dealing with people who never have any kind of 'spiritual' experiences. Lots of personal experiences and illustrations, really hit home for me. A pleasant read too---I read the whole book in less than two days.

And yes it should be easy...but there is this little thing called EGO that gets in the way.

get the book--you will like it. I promise. Or you can kick me in the butt.

Ravyn

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

LOL@Ravyn! Quantum Brain States?!!! Results of experiments??? WOW! Sounds like something that would truly be interesting, Ravyn....maybe answer some questions about these incidents.....I, personally, no matter how numerous or awesome any of my experiences have been, am reserved about their validity in light of the possibility of these things having occurred through the power of suggestion where reading matter is concerned.....yet.....there don't seem to be many precedents set for most of the events.........Deepak Chopra's How to Know God....I'll go out tomorrow first thing and get a copy, Ravyn....Thanks....I've enjoyed Linda Goodman's Star Signs for the info and results of experiments in that book too....all about how harmonies and melodies and even speech, music and laughter or anger and hostilities affect our environment and our lives....very enlightening read...

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

ObiWan, you may be an old soul, cher....I don't know that it's what's labelled reincarnation so much as that our soul/spirits return at the passing of our old bodies and we are furnished with a new body to continue our life's paths until it, too, wears out....I kinda think that's the way it happens.....

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit