Gettin' Personal here.......

by Frannie Banannie 147 Replies latest jw friends

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

One of my experiences was when my oldest daughter had moved out after graduating from High School. Our relationship was cut off. One the ways I wanted to do in taking care of myself was to do a sweat lodge and invited my friends and the circle I was involved in.

To me it was a way to honor the death of our relationship. So I asked a medicine woman do the ceremony.

It was late in the evening, and their were fire flies flying around the Sweat Lodge. Felt kinda magical.

There were about 12 of us in the Sweat and its pitch black. Very hot and steamy. I noticed these little lights flickering all over in the sweat. I tried to touch them but they went out.

After the seventh round we were standing around the camp fire. I mentioned to a friend, "did you see those fire flies in the sweat?" She no. It was'nt fire flies, those were spirit lights. And only certain people see them. Oh that means there's more out there in the universe. And I am barely touching the surface.

I recalled reading a book by a medicine woman, who shared some of her experiences. Also mentioned about seeing spirit lights. I thought at the time it was a little hokey. Until my personal experience.

So the sense I received of seeing those spirit lights was offering me hope to move on in my relationship with my daughter.

This is one of many experiences on my spiritual path.

OCW

• KGB
    KGB

here is the link to that post you pm'd me about

• teejay
    teejay

This has been one of the most interesting threads I've ever read here on this board, one of the best ever. In another way, it been one of the worst and very discouraging.

See, I've never had an event happen to me like y'all have talked about. No voices, no feelings or thoughts of unseen intelligences, no feelings of being drawn to something or someone who was "out there" who cared/cares about me.

My parents divorced when I was young. I always thought my mother loved me, but she is emotionally distant so we have never been close. Following my parent's divorce, I sorta lost touch with my dad for many years, and he passed away in '79 just as I was getting to know him. So, all my life I have felt alone... that if there was a solution to life's problems it was up to me to figure them out for myself. I think I will go to my grave feeling the same way.

If what you all say is true, then it has serious implications relative to this life and other lives as well... if they exist -- which I don't think they do. For me, your stories also carry the implication that there is something very wrong about the way I am configured.

If I didn't know better, I would say that some of you were running low on your medication. But I know better. I have read your words on a variety of topics. I have come to respect and trust what you say on other matters, and choose to believe what you say on this one, too.

Maybe one day the answer(s) will come for me.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Big Tex, don't be so nervous Mervous.....you're in similar company here....and no one has any backup or concrete evidence of what each has experienced....as they ARE personal experiences.....I've only had two witnesses to two different spiritual occurrences that happened to me......and witnesses to such a personal event are extremely rare.....you might find the frightening aspects of those occurrences might be diminished by sharing the details of what occurred and comparing notes with others here....

Frannie B

I'm working on a ficitonal short story based on one such "experience". I don't know if I will ever post it because it's about the darkest thing I've ever written. If what I remember did not happen, then the story will be filled with all sorts of symbols and meanings to delight the most Freudian of analysts. If what I remember is any way accurate, well, ... we'll see.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

teej! for goodness sakes! don't give up or get discouraged! I just finished a great book that I know you would like---if you have not already read it that is!--Deepak Chopra's How To Know God. It is not what you might think. VERY GOOD book. heck---it is so good, after my husband reads it I will send it to you if you like!

Ravyn

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

KGB, I read both your posts about your "Ghosts" experiences....very fascinating......I see, too, that you had a lotta flack on that thread....so sorry that happened.....

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Big Tex! That's great to know....just keep us posted on when your work in progress is finished so we can read it too....sounds intriguing....

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Ravyn! HIGH 5's! You've succinctly put into words so many aspects of this subject that I, myself, have given a great deal of consideration to.....Thanks for that insight, cherie!

Frannie B

• teejay
    teejay

>>>> I just finished a great book that I know you would like--Deepak Chopra's How To Know God. It is not what you might think.

Ravyn,

I'll see if I can find it at the bookstore, but to be honest, I'm very leery of learning how to have a relationship with a god from a book of other people's experience, if s/he does in fact exist. I've taken the book-learnin' route already and ended up wasting a lot of time, so...

The way I see it, if it's real it should happen naturally. If there is a god that I should know and he knows everything (including my own peculiarities and takes on things), then he should know best how to reach me. My daughter won't have to read a book to get to know her father. She can just "be" and I'll do all of the work. Shouldn't god be the same way with me?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Ravyn, your post to Brummie re: Santa sightings reminded me of the time during my pending df-ing when I was sitting in my living room one quiet cloudy day....(squirms, because she knows how looney this is going to sound, even though she was wide awake when this happened).....there had been storms and the cloud cover was dark and heavy, but things had quietened outside.....as I sat there, I thought I heard an extremely distant voice calling my name.....it was so small a sound that I wasn't sure I heard it at first....then, as it called again several times, I thought to go to the door and lookout to see if someone outside was calling my name from the street at a distance.....I opened the door and looked out....there was no one there......I also happened to look up at the dark, roiling cloud cover....and I saw two thin streaks of brilliant light breaking through the roiling mass of dark clouds over my front yard.....they were parallel and appeared to be parts of tracks of something.....as though two jets were creating jet trails behind them....only they were brilliant streaks of light breaking through the cloud cover.....I didn't hear or see anything else as I watched for a few moments, so I shut the front door and returned to my seat.....Very shortly, there was the sound again of that tiny faraway voice calling my name....this time, I jumped up and ran to the front door, opened it and looked up into the clouds as they broke apart and a gigantic figure appeared, holding reins in His left hand, looking as though He were seated in a chariot or surrey of some sort....it was the figure of an old man, with a smiling, cheerful face like Santa Claus's face....His beard flowed down into the folds of his robes.....He was waving his right hand and smiling down at me, as the cloud cover broke to afford His passing by.....I knew it was God, manifesting himself in a way that wouldn't scare the bejeezus out of me, and that the parallel streaks of light had been the tracks of his chariot passing overhead and that He was happy with me over my leaving the borganization and was reassuring me that He would be with me......tears came to my eyes, because of the love and reassurance I was being shown.....Believe me, I know how screwy this sounds....I had not anticipated anything of the sort happening, just as I did not anticipate any of the many other spiritual events which occurred both before and after this.....and as everyone knows, there is no precedent for this occurrence, nothing that could have suggested to my mind that any of these things would happen.....

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit