Gettin' Personal here.......

by Frannie Banannie 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Yes, I once had an angel reveal himself to me and I said "Put that thing away you dirty little creature - what you have there is certainly nothing to be proud of".

cheeses - who also finds his spiritual experiences come in one litre bottles.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Cari, thank you so much for sharing those experiences....I just remembered that when I was 17 yrs old, I had a chill down my spine and a very real sense that we were fixing to have a very bad wreck....my b/friend was driving drunk on the hwy....I prayed for a non-fatal resolution .....and got it....it was very bad....totalled Volkswagon.....we survived....and also.....there was this house in Nicosia, Cyprus, where my hubby and I were stationed one year.....we lived there for 6 weeks out of the three month lease we'd signed and I made him get us out of the lease and move to another house....the one we were living in was cold and dark, even when the sun was shining brightly, all the windows were open and it was hot outside....and there was a very menacing spirit that walked the marbled hallway at night....I could "hear" its footsteps and "see" its appearance....and I sensed that it meant harm to our baby....

It's so hard to share these things when people are so closed-minded and negative about those who have the experiences, idnit....but we're not alone, Cari....as you can see from reading about others' experiences here....

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

[email protected] posed for that lil avatar, Cheeses, didncha?

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Alrighty then, RedWitch....look fwd to reading about 'em...

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Gumby wrote:

>Why is he so selective in whom he chooses when others such as myself have >pleaded on their knees, crying their eyes out....praying all the time and doing their >best to understand him and his word.......and nothing! No voices, no visions, no >appearences, no answers, no nothing. Only empty answers and no action. I >would ?say 7 years of trying that and no answers twells me he doesn't give a shit >about me so I guess I have no use for him either. Knock and it will be opened my >ass. ( sorry guys.......this subject always brings out the worst in me)

Gumby, these experiences would bring out the worst in anyone....I don't blame you for being angry....you seem to have a strong desire to experience the presence of God and/or His son in your life, if I'm not misinterpreting your above statements.....as for myself, I, too, went for many years without experiencing any feedback from God or His son....questions unanswered, etc....it was very frustrating.....until I learned how to look for his answers to me....they come in very many ways other than what we've been taught from books.....He may communicate in signs at times....signs that come from nature.....you may have to keep an open mind and look for them and think about what they mean when you see them.....or you may hear people near you having a loud discussion.....and though they're not talking to you.....God may be using certain phrases in their discussion to communicate something to you......or there may be a nature documentary on television that will communicate something to you.....give it time....it takes a while to begin to understand God's means of communicating with us mere mortals......

Frannie B

• onacruse
    onacruse

Frannie, my post above was brief, because it was my honest personal answer to your question.

But in response to your last...

It's so hard to share these things when people are so closed-minded and negative about those who have the experiences

...I'd like to say: There can be absolutely no invalidation of a personal experience! Whatever a person has experienced is real for them, and will always remain real for them. It requires no approval from others, and is not made less real by the disapproval of others. True, it may be that after some reflection, perhaps initiated by the observations of others, a person may decide (for themselves) to 'reinterpret' that experience, but the experience remains what it was, period. Thus what you, Little Toe, Red Witch, breal, Ravyn, Prudence, Brummie, Prisca, and Cari have shared here elicits my respect...and curiosity too.

None other than the renowned Immanuel Kant, after painstaking decades of incredibly critical thinking and philosophical analysis, came to the following conclusion:

All thought must, directly or indirectly, by way of certain characters, relate ultimately to intuitions, and therefore, with us, to sensibility, because in no other way can an object be given to us.
    Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), German philosopher. Critique of Pure Reason

This rather enigmatic quote hints at the 'transcendentalism' to which Kant's career of rationalism finally led; he realized within himself that nothing outside of personal experience is 'real.'

Thanks to you all for sharing your experiences.

The waters run deep.

Craig

• gumby
    gumby

Gee you guys......you don't have to avoid what I said just cuz I was a nasty bastard.

I see this has taken a turn to the ESP side and I 've been enjoying the experiences.

One thing to keep in mind as a possibility to HOW these strange things happen. How can a person get a strong feeling that relates to another person no matter what the distance between them happens to be? How can twins seperated at birth.........then meet 30 - 40 years later and find out they wear the same type of shoe, named their kids the same, have wives with the same name, have the same job, and on and on? Is it a spiritual thing? Or.....

Could it be that because we do not understand something and it seems really strange to us......it must be spiritual?

History can testify that things in the past that were not understood then........and are NOW understood completely at present.........were looked at as demonic, and evil, and were labeled as of the devil, witches, and the likes. To tell someone 300 years ago that you know of people who can talk to other people thousands of miles away, plug something into a wall and make it move, hear music through a box of wires..........that someone would say these people are of the devil ( that it is spiritual, demonic....or maybe in some rare cases.... Angelic )

Is it too much to believe that humans cannot possess a "reciever" and a "Transmitter" withing their makeup in that what pain he or she feels.........could be felt by one they are related to or have had contact with? Could the human body in other words simply work in a way we simply do not understand at this point in time? If the day comes and it is a funtion of the we simply didn't understand and we called it "spiritual".......will we be any different than those in the past who followed the same path?

Gumby

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Craig, thank you so much for your eloquent and thoughtful post in support of this thread.....It takes a lot of cajones for these people to step up and share their experiences, especially after years of being so borganized.....thank you for your respect for their sharing....and I found your quotes from Immanuel Kant to be very interesting, as I've considered different aspects of his reasoning on the subject and find his comments reassuring....

Frannie B

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Frannie,

As much as I would love to claim credit and be recoginised as the person depicted in my avatar - the person (because of great humility and not wishing to accept undue praise because of his nimble abilities) actually depicts a person searching for inner spiritual truth and is symbolic of all persons looking for spiritual truth through a religious experience.

cheeses - who with a bald head, always finds it warming on cold nights to stick ones head up ones arse.

• gumby
    gumby
    always finds it warming on cold nights to stick ones head up ones arse.

Hey cheeses........mind if I stick my head up there with ya for awhile.............I'm gettin kinda the cold shoulder here myself and could use a little warmth . Oh........will my shoulder fit in their too?

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit