Evolution is a Fact #31 - Ten Questions for Creationists

by cofty 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I thought this would be a good time to pose some questions based on the series so far.

If creationism is true these should be easy. Answers that don't involve copy-paste would be really interesting to read.

1. Since some proteins can be assembled in more ways than there are atoms in the universe why do the sequences of amino acids and bases vary between species in exactly the way evolution predicts? 1, 2

2. Why do humans and other primates have virus DNA, and other bits of non-coding text, in exactly same place in their genomes? 3, 8, 10

3. Why do humans and other species have broken genetic code for features that they no longer possess? 4, 5, 7, 9, 29

4. Why does human chromosome 2 consist of two primate chromosomes joined end-to-end? 6

5. How do you explain the amazing fossils that demonstrate major transitions? 11, 16, 18, 24

6. Why do the same fossils always appear in the same layers of rock in a way that is totally predictable? 23

7. Who were the hominids that walked upright more than 3 million years ago? 20, 21

8. Why do humans have vestigial features? 19, 22, 30

9. Why does the distribution of species align exactly with evolution? 14, 15

10. How does creationism explain bad design like the recurrent laryngeal nerve? 13

And a bonus question for "young-earth" creationists...

How do you explain geological features like the unconformity at Siccar Point? 25

Explanations of natural selection and examples of how it works can be found at the following posts 12, 17, 26, 27, 28

Index for numbers 1 - 30

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Er..... God done it?
  • Satan
    Satan
    I always get the typical answer of "because jehovah made it that way" so much bullshit
  • Simon
    Simon

Awe, no one told me there was going to be a test?!?!

erm "God works in mysterious ways" to all questions. It was "what would a theist say" right?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I always get the typical answer of "because jehovah made it that way" so much bullshit

Easy rrebuttal: the bible says god cannot lie - wouldn't creating fossils, genetic evidence, vestigial features, and all the other evidence that fits EXACTLY as evolution predicts be considered lying if evolution did not in fact take place?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cofty - "How does creationism explain bad design like the recurrent laryngeal nerve?"

Questions like these are my favorites; they were a huge part of helping me wake up.

x

Bottom line... there is way too much f**ked-up shit in nature, on way too many levels, for it to be the product of creationism or "intelligent design".

• Heaven
  • cofty
    cofty
    So no answers from creationists yet?
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Give it some time Cofty....Perhaps they are deep in thought or they have gone to relieve themselves.

Or maybe they are asleep and someone needs to wake them up!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think they're not answering because - let's face it - cofty's evolution threads have been so overwhelming, even I feel like I've been beaten over the head with them, and I accepted evolution, like, a decade ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit