Evolution is a Fact #31 - Ten Questions for Creationists

by cofty 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Sorry!

No not really :wink:

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    Because God done it... and... Satan put all them fossils to confuse us and weaken our faith!
  • sir82
    sir82

So no answers from creationists yet?

The JW response would be "It is quite apparent that you are neither humble nor sincere, so we are not going to take the time to respond to your questions."

It is a conditioned response, no thought required.

• cofty
    cofty

Creationists demand proof of evolution. This is dishonest, the word proof belongs to mathematicians. In every other aspect of life we make judgements based on evidence. In a court of law juries are asked to judge on whether the case has been settled beyond all reasonable doubt.

This series so far has offered just a tiny sample of the evidence for evolution.

In 31 threads I have had an abundance of personal insults but not one single rebuttal of the evidence.

The foundational doctrine of the Watchtower cannot be reconciled with reality.

We are just getting started.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Ok Cofty, I'm going to bite the bullet. LOL

I'm not going to answer your questions one by one because I'm not clever enough but the evidence is clearly there for evolution. I still believe though in an ultimate creator at the start of it all. Basically I believe he set the ball rolling and then let nature take its course. I'm not expecting anyone else to concur, that's just my own personal take on it.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I always find it funny when someone says "evolution is a fact".... Which evolution are you referring to?

There are so many different types, versions, opinions and conlusions...

Its a bit like saying "religion" is the truth.... Which one...?

• sir82
    sir82

There are so many different types, versions, opinions and conlusions...

There are? I'm curious, what are they?

• Caedes
    Caedes
    4. Why does human chromosome 2 consist of two primate chromosomes joined end-to-end? 6

Perhaps as a secondary question, given that we have two fused primate chromosomes why do we have two less chromosomes than other primates?

• Caedes
    Caedes
    I always find it funny when someone says "evolution is a fact".... Which evolution are you referring to?

I always find it funny when people ask stupid questions that clearly show they haven't even read let alone understood the OP.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    Since some proteins can be assembled in more ways than there are atoms in the universe why do the sequences of amino acids and bases vary between species in exactly the way evolution predicts?

Because scientists are dishonestly trying to make the model fit the evidence.

Why do humans and other primates have virus DNA, and other bits of non-coding text, in exactly same place in their genomes?

Because God has full licensing rights to His intellectual property and likes to recycle where he can.

Why do humans and other species have broken genetic code for features that they no longer possess?

Because this DNA serves some unknown purpose and we just have to have faith and one scientist at one time didn't understand the purpose of one line of genetics that was later found out to be meaningful so now we're perfectly justified in believing that all junk DNA is meaningful . . . and also imperfection and fallen world and stuff.

Why does human chromosome 2 consist of two primate chromosomes joined end-to-end?

Sometimes painters use two different colors. And sometimes painters mix colors to produce an entirely new color.

How do you explain the amazing fossils that demonstrate major transitions?

Piltdown Man was a hoax so therefore all transitional fossils are hoaxes.

Why do the same fossils always appear in the same layers of rock in a way that is totally predictable?

Because during the flood larger animals could run to higher ground faster so they're in the top strata and slower animals are in deeper strata.

Who were the hominids that walked upright more than 3 million years ago?

Scientists just make up dates and stuff and the hominids are really only six thousand years old.

Why do humans have vestigial features?

We just don't understand their purpose yet and God will fix us back to our former glory so we can use them and stuff.

Why does the distribution of species align exactly with evolution?

Because God intelligently designed his creations . . . ?

How does creationism explain bad design like the recurrent laryngeal nerve?

Who are we to question God?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit