TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• mouthy
    mouthy

The Insider & Victorian sky WELCOME!!!!!! Nice to see you on board.... I was a JW for over 20+ years happy to be free. ((((hugs))))

Dansk hope all is improving for you & the daughter(( hug)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Dansk,welcome to the board.Sorry about your family.I was raised in the JW`s.There are so many familys ripped apart because of this corrupt religion,including mine.I hope you can patch things up with your kids..I noticed one poster trying to get you a form to D/A yourself,don`t do it.It will just cause you more problems.Fade away,the problems are fewer and it leaves you in a position to repair some of the damage WBTS has caused in your family..My best to you and your family...OUTLAW

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Dansk,alt Hello and welcome. Many wonderful posts here. An overflowing of love and compassion. Really, what this site is all about. You'd have to be a rock not to feel something on this one (not that rocks are bad, I have seen many beautiful rocks. And I love mountains which are essentially rocks, kinda, sorta). Often times Dansk, when we lose a love, we find ourselves "on the rebound"; grasping to fill the empty hole left by what is gone. We often embrace the first half way attractive thing that comes along....and usually it is little different than what we left. In my view many of the Witnesses who now consider themselves free, have only moved from one jail-cell into a slightly bigger and more airy one. They still embrace the same tiny idea of God; the same confusing scriptures; and never allow themselves to investigate further and deeper into how these actually originated. They are willing to see that the Witnesses are false, but are too afraid to go beyond. They are satisfied at removing a sick branch on a tree with a diseased root. Of course, they're free to do that. My advice brother Dansk, is now that you got some momentum going.... keep rolling. Like you said "There is a definite Fear Factor involved here.... one has to keep one's integrity. To act responsibly and ethically in all we do". Seven006, I felt -- had some good advise. I could add to his list, but you probably have enough going on right now. Congratulations, JamesT

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Dear Friends, Congratulations on your departure from the WT organization. Would'nt have been nice if upon your departure the borg could say "thank you for your years of faithful service and countable hours and years you have given freely to the WT Soiety". If you ever want to return in the we would welcome you with open arms." Of course that would be the professional way to handle it, but we were part of CULT. Mind contol is paramount. Hang in there. Me thinks your remaining family in the WT will come over to your side. You sound very mature and loving. Thank you for sharing. We will keep you in our prayers.

• Physio
    Physio

Hi, I'm Dansk's wife. Just wanted to say a great big thank you to everybody out there who have sent regards and advice to us as a family in this trying time. It's very much appreciated. This my first posting and I'm NERVOUS!!!

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Physio, A warm hug coming to you from across the pond. In many ways I understand the pressure your daughters are under to treat you unkindly. My mom was disfellowshiped for 15 years (she's since been reinstated and I'm the inactive one, ironic isn't it?) Anyway, I was asked into the back room many times about my close relationship with her. The elders didn't know if I should remain on the pioneer list, said I still ate with her, socialized with her, loved her! One elder even told me that loyalty to Jehovah means I should 'Cut her off like a rotten limb. Do you want to die with her?' I will never forget that. I broke down right there in the hall, crying, begging them to understand that I was all that she had. I think they felt bad because they backed off for a while, then after I applied to Bethel, they refused to recommend me because, as one of the elders put it, 'what part of, not even greeting such a man, don't you understand?' I was told I'm stumbling people, I should move out of the house, who do I love more my mom or Jehovah? How will you attract a good brother when you associate with a disfellowshiped person? It ripped me apart. After years of that, my greatest shame is that I listened and I shunned her for about 4 months. Her blood pressure went sky high and my grandmother (who is not a Witness) was appalled. I got the 'celebrity' status in the congregation as 'She's so faithful, poor thing, did you know her mom is..' I enjoyed that for about 2 minutes but inside I ached for my mom. Now we're closer than ever and I've promised myself that I will never hurt her like that again, no matter what either of us believe. I'm telling you all this because your husband spoke of the deep love you gave to your daughters. There is no way they will forget that, especially your youngest daughter. Love will speak to her louder than all the GB's voices combined. Please keep us updated. Praying for you in Florida Victorian Sky

• Latte
    Latte

Hey! Physio... Welcome!

Really looking forward to hearing more from you! There are some really lovely people who post on this board, as I'm sure you've gathered.

Great to see you posting!

{{{{{{{{{Physio & Dansk}}}}}}}}}

Latte

• Latte
    Latte

Big Welcome to Thechickennest & Victoriansky!

This one Cool site isn't it? (Thanks to Simon!)

Hope that you both stick around!

Latte

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thanks for welcoming Physio, Victorian sky. I'm hogging the computer now, otherwise I know she'd thank you herself!

This just to report that today was a better day for my spouse. She and another exJW went shopping together - great company and, obviously, much in common as they are both exJWs. That's what we all need - good friends. Unfortunately, not everyone is in a position to find them, so mapping the exJWs is an excellent idea and one currently in use in the UK.

When I switch my computer on these days this site is my first port of call. I feel like I'm rejoining family.

Physio, the boys and I are really looking forward to our first (apostafest) barbie in the summer and look forward to meeting any of our brothers and sisters (in the true sense of the meaning!) from the USA and elsewhere. I heard last year's was excellent.

Not heard from our daughters today, but Physio is far happier and I feel we're over the worse. DA'd or DF'd, couldn't care less - honestly! I've heard that the elders are waiting for the next COs visit as they don't quite know how to deal with us That's what we REALLY need, families leaving en masse!

My sincere sympathy to all of you trapped in the WTS through family and/or other ties. We KNOW what it's like and you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Love to all,

Dansk, Physio and Family

• Angharad
    Angharad

Great to see you both here. Dont let him hog the keyboard too much Physio

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit