TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• Nordic
    Nordic

To Dansk

Your story was very strong to read.

I hope you will se your daugther's again.

Nordic

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Dansk, what an experience. Hang in there, your daughters may come around. As Mulan stated, sometimes it has to get personal before a JW is willing to take a critical look at the org. That was certainly true of me.

• Latte
    Latte

Hi Dansk,

Welcome to the board. I hope that you can find some comfort and relief here. I hope you can start a dialogue with your daughters, even if it is only rudimentary. In time, I hope they can see the 'truth' for what it is. I think, when you are young, you can be bowled along with it all. Before you know it, you are in your thirties! Just make sure you are there to help them pick up the pieces when the bottom falls out of their make believe world. It may take a while.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hello, Dansk!

All I can offer is an imaginary cuppa and some sympathy, but I wanted to all my welcome to the Board and to express my thanks for your well-worded expose on Jehovah's Witnesses and that insidious mind-control that wreaks such havoc with families and friends.

I positively HATE that there is no honorable way to leave the religion simply because one no longer believes.

(((((Dansk and family)))))) <<-- that includes your misguided girls. <sigh>

outnfree

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

HI DNASK & WIFE ,SONS.

Myself and wife live in london dansk , welcome to the board ,

to retrieve your daughters, you have to allow this through your son,s your daughters will realize quite soon that,there must have been a very good reason for there farther to have stopped attending the meetings, allthough they have been systamaticly brainwashed over quite a number of years,

you want reconciliation to take place ,what loving farther wouldnot, as i was saying using your sons love for his sisters is the first avenue to go down ,as i know that the elders wifes presently will be acting as a temporary false support to your daughters ,next will come the request for them to move out or to find a place of there own,which with rent and bills coming in they may find it harder to survive ,these busybodies,need a good slapping ,the next step you should take is write a letter to your daughters,dont explain anything in it as it will and could be used against you at a later date,

just ask them to check up on FOUNDING FATHER OF THE WATCHTOWER,( CHARLES TAZ RUSSEL ) Ask why he used the pyramids and strology to asertain the predictions used by the society to 1914.

ask is it true that jehovah god condems the use of astrology ,ask if jehovah can ever lie ???why then have his claimed spokesmen failed in many many predictions,

ask also why did the society build a mansion called (beth sarim,)why were the organization members of the united nations for over ten years, what have they,taken out shares in military holdings/and finance companys.

agape love to you in your awakening from the deep sleep.

you are now experiencing what it is like to awaken one morning and find out that your life has been stolen from you,

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

welcome Dansk and family.

I'm sorry that your family has been torn apart by this religion. I hope in time your daughters will see it for what it is and be reunited with you and your wife.

What an awful thing for your sons to go through to see the scene when your youngest daughter left your house, brings back painful memories for me. Makes me angry and very sad at the same time

I'm thankful though that you have joined us here on the board, to share your experience and share with us your wealth of information.

It is a great thing to be released and get out from under the WTS control. My side of the family is still in there, I hope one day they will see the light and join me. But I have my doubts. My parents are very head strong people. My dad is an elder (which by your description, on how an elder is appointed). My dad should never have been made one, because he was "unreasonable", had a temper, hmmm makes me wonder.

Has your wife joined the board. If she hasn't encourage her to do so, she will find much comfort here.

It took me a long time to get on the board, but thanks to my hubby, I'm here and loving it. I feel a lot of warmth and love here, and your wife and family will too.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks Dan, My story is the same only different. After I notified the Witnesses in 1995 that I was not satisfied with dogmatism and refusal to answer my questions or even to meet with me, I have experienced the shunning by two of my four sons as well as parents and relatives.

I am ashamed to ever have been associated with Jehovah's Witnesses and I have upmost contempt for their behaviors that I once supported. I have no delusions that my relatives will ever change for the better. I have said my good byes to them and moved on.

My best wishes to you. If I can ever be of any personal help to you, let me know. gary

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome to the board. I am so glad that you have been able to find out the truth about "The Truth".. I am also sorry, sorry to read of the ructions it caused. I am sure that your daughters will return the love that you and your wife have shown them . After such a good upbringing, it is inevitible . Right now they are shocked and confused ,as we can understand having been there ourselves.

It is always nice to welcome a fellow Brit. I am in the Midlands......Look forward to more posts from you .

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Said Mulan:

AlanF has said that many JW's won't look at their religion until it gets personal for them. I believe that is true. When an injustice gets personal, you react. If it happens to someone else, not family, you can say all the little platitudes, like "wait on Jehovah" or "they are imperfect men". But..........if it is YOUR life, or YOUR family, it makes a big difference.

Of all the "gospel" posted to this board about what most effectively breaks the WTS's hold on the loyal JW, this, imo, is the absolute, hands down, truest. And, Dansk, they are also the ones that offer you and your wife your surest hope for your daughters' eventual awakening. Things just got as personal as they can get for these two very young women and, despite their best efforts, they will see and feel things in their JW lives much differently in the after from how they did in the before.

Don't despair. Be patient. Keep hope.

And, if I might offer an unsolicited piece of adivse: take extra special care of your wife, for as much agony as I've no doubt you and your children are suffering---including your daughters whose confusion and emotional devastation mustn't, under any circumstances, be underestimated in this casualty count---, you simply cannot, no matter how empathetic and intuitive a partner, begin to imagine what it is like for a mother. Let the reader use discernment.

My sincerest best wishes for the reuniting of your family, Dansk.

AMNESIAN

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Welcome Dansk!

I'm happy to read of your awakening and saddened by the loss of your daughters. As others have posted to you, keep the door open and hope alive for them.

Thanks for sharing.

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit