TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• minimus
    minimus

Hi Dansk, Your story is POWERFUL!!! It's unbelievable that your wife and sons could see the TRUTH, just like that. It is not common to just reveal to anyone what you've learned and then find them so readily accepting. So you really must be thankful that some of your family has so quickly seen the light. Certainly, you wouldn't have imagined for the average JW to just up and leave because you provide them with solid evidence. The action by your wife and sons are out of the norm for brainwashed people, don't you think? I'm thrilled that SOME of your family is with you. Regarding your daughters, they are in the grip of the organization. If they can get away from their sponsors, they might see the light, too. But the truth is, you arte still one unbelievably lucky guy. I hope your dreams can come true, but I think for your daughters, it will be some time....I look forward to your contributions here. Good luck.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Dansk, I have never been a JW, and I have always had a relationship with my family, so I don't know what you are going through. However I do encourage you to keep on reading the Bible and trust in God. A great book is "In Search of Christain Freedon by Ray Franz." I liked it even better than the Conscience book. I think it is one of the best books for anyone who wishes to understand JW doctrine. Also in it he talks about how ALL of the "remnant" should be dispensing food, and not just a few in Brooklyn NY.

I will pray for your daughter. Remember John 6:68 is talking about not leaving Jesus Christ not a ninteenth century religious organization. I know that Jesus is real and that he is aware of your situation.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Dear Dansk, my heart goes out to you, your wife and 2 boys. I read your post out loud to my hubby (Apocalypse) and we were both choked up. You and your family were in our prayers tonight.

I can't believe how fast your wife and son recognized this org for what it is. That is wonderful!

I feel for your daughters also. They think that they are being loyal to Jehovah. They are also in a lot a pain.

When my husband revealed what he knew, I went balistic. I was willing to destroy our marriage rather than live with an apostate. I thought I was being loyal to Jehovah. What a mind control!

Your daughters are not seeing the big picture. Like many JW, they many even realize that there are problems, but they only see these problems at the local level. The organization is always thought to be beyond reproach.

When one realizes that the problems stem from the "Ivory Tower", then one begins to put things in perspective, and the wall that has been raised up begins to crumble.

Yours daughters will eventually see it. Many more will see the lies that this organization has perpetrated. Once the blinders come off , one regains objectivity. What a wonderful feeling that is

I sincerely hope that your family situation will ameliorate.

I will keep you and your family in my heart and prayers.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

(((((((Dansk and Family)))))))))))))

A sad and gripping story. May your daughters "see the light."

FreeFallin

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    >What was the information your son saw on the internet that he accepted?>

All the failed prophecies from 1874 to 1995 (generation change).

This is the same thing that allowed me to see that the JW religion was not the truth. That Bible verse about false prophets kept coming to mind while I was doing research on the internet, given me by some mighty good people in the exd jw chat room on AOL.

• ugg
    ugg

deeply distressing.... famililes torn apart.....AGAIN.

• Lil Phoenix Bird
    Lil Phoenix Bird

Dansk,

I am new to this board, too. I read in one of your posts that your family was consideredone of the friendliest in the cong. I have noted that the friendliest people at the Kingdom Hall, the true kindred spirts, tend to be the ones that raise the most suspician of JWs. The friendly and kind tend to be the ones that JWs are the most happy to see leave.

Indeed this was true in my case. And I have seen many who really reached out in warmth end up biting the dust so to speak. Jesus condemned the Pharisees for being unkind and unloving. He called them hypocrites. Those Pharisees hated Jesus because he was loving and kind to people they considered spiritually inferior.

You and your family followed Jesus' example of being lowly, loving and kind to everyone. That is a fatal mistake in an organization which encourages its members to behave exactly like the cold and heartless Pharisees.

Take heart about your daughters, perhaps they will see in time that the org is cold and heartless in its treatment of you, your wife and sons as well as many others.

If in the future you want to help them remember: a couple of well chosen questions can plant some seeds of doubt in people's minds. I think often of simple things I can say to or ask my loved ones before they tell me to shut up.

One question I have for people is "Do you remember the Boreans?" We were told as students to look to them as examples. They kept examining the sciptures daily to see if what they were being taught was true. I want to know if they, as students, had been told they could only follow the Boreans' example before baptism and not after would they have become JWs?

Another question is this: Is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society inspired of God? Are they prophets? Of course they will answer, "No." Then why are you letting them make all of your decisions including life and death matters for you?

I haven't had the opportunity to ask my sister or younger brother these questions. I do think that if you can get someone thinking and doubting it's a good start in your battle to reach them.

Tender regards, Heather

• Simon
    Simon

The question I always like is:

"What would the WTS have to do to convince you that it isn't the truth or/ isn't gods organisation?"

Even the most loyal die-hards realise that saying "it is the truth no matter what" is akin to admitting "I am in a mind-control cult" so they have to come out with something (unless they are afraid to answer which is as bad). Whatever it is they come out with, chances are the society has done it and more ...

• onacruse
    onacruse

Dansk & family, welcome to this forum, where I too, for the first time in my life, read so many things that opened my eyes, and more importantly, my heart. I was a JW for 38 years, and though 10 years ago a friend gave me hard clear evidence that could (should?) have made me see...well, time has a way of taking its own time. Which is why I especially keyed to what you said:

I am hopeful, ever hopeful, that the love we instilled in our daughters will come to the fore; that they will be desperate to want to see us and speak with us again

I/we can most confidently assure you: this does happen, and is happening. Your unconditional love will be a constant prod on their hearts, speaking more powerfully than any words you say or books you offer.

Now, time is on your side.

Craig

• Dansk
    Dansk

My wife and I would like to say a great BIG, LOVING "THANK YOU!" for all your wonderful, supportive comments.

We learnt that our youngest daughter (aged 19) is to move into her own apartment this week (today?). She will be in the same complex as her older sister but I am wondering - just wondering - that, being the head-strong girl she is (although she sometimes displays a hard exterior she is a soft marsh mellow inside) she may well enjoy her sense of freedom?!

If this is the eventuality, perhaps when she is alone she may reflect on the good times she had with her mum and dad and brothers. Her taste of freedom may result in freedom from the WTS. Who knows!

I am EVER hopeful and my wife and I appreciate all your upbuilding comments. We KNOW you are all there for us - as we are for you!

I feel so sorry for the couple who are still in the organisation but desperate to get out (but can't because of family). Our hearts go out to you - and others like you.

GOOD will come out of this! Already I have learnt the importance of being there for others, as you have all been there for us. Breaking away from the clutches of the WTS is a brave decision, but I have been cushioned by my wife and two sons. Others are not so fortunate. We have to be there for THEM! The hard part is, how do we let them know we're here?! What if they aren't on the internet? Some elderly ones won't go near a computer, so we need to be able to help in other ways. I think it's time for battle plans, to put up a united front behind which people can escape - and not be made to feel a failure!

Love to all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit