TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• xray
    xray

Hi Dansk,

"To your own self be true" is my motto. You need to look after your own life before you can hope to help your family. Good on you for having the strength to follow the right path, even if it might seem, at first, to be hard. Hang on in there, mate.

Best wishes from down under in Kiwi Land

Xray

• hooberus
    hooberus

Dansk, You may ahve already stated this, but do you think that you will be disfellowshipped soon? or have you considered disassociating yourself?

Also on the Watchtower's official website they used to have a statement that those who no longer desire to be a part of Jehovahs Witnesses are not shunned. I couln't find the statemtent but I will post it when I do. Perhaps a pre-emptive letter stating that you do not wish to disassociate but that you wish to "no longer be a JW" according to the website definition may prevent shunning.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

DANSK,Know this for sure,John 11:35,"Jesus wept."Yes, He weeps every time something like this happens.He knows and feels your pain, as do we,who are here with you,sharing and caring for each other.

Blueblades

• Mulan
    Mulan
    My wife was saying just yesterday that she seems to have so much more time on her hands - that's great because previously we were running around like headless chickens, meeting ourselves coming back at times!

This was great. When we stopped attending meetings, finally, after our slow fade, one of my JW friends (who still calls me everyday............and we went out to lunch yesterday) said "what do you do on meeting nights now? Just watch TV?"

I said this "Anything I want to. And dinner can be at 6:30 instead of 5, and it doesn't matter."

The time freedom is so amazing. Now I can't imagine who we ever did it, and with four kids too.

• the insider
    the insider

Hi, very new here, first post!! I really feel for you and family, I hope all the best.

Just so the board knows, THE INSIDER is a FORMER victim of child abuse within the ORG. I am staying associated right now for the sole pourpose of expoling a couple more abusers and then VANISH!!

Thanks, Happy postings!!

• starfish422
    starfish422

(((((Dansk & entire family))))) I can't imagine what a difficult time this is for you now; between the sense of liberation you must feel from the Borg, and the loss of your daughters.

Remember that nothing is impossible. Although they may seem "steadfast", I'm sure you seemed firmly entrenched at one time as well.

Keep us updated.

• justhuman
    justhuman

I can feel you Torn and you have my sympathy. My story is similar with yours, only I'm alone. My wife and daughter still are "faithfull dubs" and I decided to fade out, but my daughter never asked me why...her mother told her never to talk with me about my believes or ask my anything.

Now I have a big struggle to get them out, but very careful, without attacking the WT. Mean while I decided to join my Greek Orthodox Church(secretly) and I'm member of an exit council group that helps Greeks JW to get out from the WT. Specially translating topics that in Greece they are not aware of.

WT is distractive cult. Has destroyed families because of their unchristian policy.

Hpoe in time that the rest of your family will get out from the WT

• Dansk
    Dansk

Welcome Insider and thanks for your comments.

seven006, a wonderful post and I shall definitely look the books up.

Mulan, yes, it is wonderful having so much time and now we can DO THE THINGS WE'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO! Our youngest son just said to us that he really enjoys the fact that his mum doesn't come into his bedroom on a Saturady morning and say "Come on, time to get up for the field misery!"

Many of you have asked to be kept informed: our youngest daughter has been answering her mum's text messages - yippeeeee! OK, it's only early days and the messages centred around her moving into her new apartment. My daughter will be coming back to collect the things she left behind. At least we have some kind of dialogue going now, so one never knows!

My wife will be joining the forum soon, so I hope you'll all make her welcome (I know you all will!). It's been a lot harder for her than for me, so I'm depending on your help.

Well, that's my news for today so far. I'm painting and decorating at home so can access the forum while the paint is drying - that's bound to take at least a week

Love and best wishes to you all - and a special hug for Scully, whom I hope is feeling tons better. Thanks to everyone who's posted. You've been our rock!

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Good morning, Dansk. At least it's morning here. Thanks for keeping us updated on the family.

Sounds like you have some time on your hands for painting and decorating. Isn't it great to have all that time, without having to worry about dropping everything because you have to study or get ready for a meeting.

Like Mulan said, it doesn't matter what time you have supper, its nice to get off of the WT treadmill.

Have a great day. Let us know what your wife's board name is

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Dear Torn Apart, This is my first post. I've been reading for a while but I was too scared to say anything. But you've come to the right place. I can't thank everyone who posts enough for their words of wisdom and encouragement during this difficult time. I've been inactive for 7 months now and I really admire what you said about resisting emotional blackmail and not having your daughters in your life at any cost. That takes a lot of inner strength to take that stand. I have my mom, aunt and an uncle (he's a PO in my old cong.) and I'm terrified of losing them yet I don't want to live a lie. I think it helps to have someone to talk to, you're blessed with the family that remained with you. Also, love isn't easily forgotten no matter what anyone says or does, your daughters will always remember and hopefully they will find it odd that such a 'loving' religion would encourage family members to shun eachother. I will always love my family and should I take that step to DA I won't give up loving them even if it's not returned. The cliche is true, love never dies:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit