TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• vitty
    vitty

Dansk ....i am so happy for you

By the way you said 5 out of 6 who is the sixth

My family dont know we are fading, sometimes I just want to tell my daughter, other times I fear for the future, she is newly married what if she has kids?????????

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

wow....I.....wow. Im in TEARS here Dansk! If ever there was a story of courage, of love, of God's help...of prayers answered and HOPE this was it. Im sooooooooooooooooooo moved. I cant even breathe. VICTORY baby...each step, each child out...each day you feel better...a VICTORY.

I sure wish you guys didnt live so far away because I sure would love to hug all of you. You are family to us.

My husband is in, my children are out when I left they were young never baptized, and he and other JWs tried really hard to get into their heads with this crap. I was a mother BEAR about keeping it away from them and was terrified I would lose. Husband's two sisters and one of their husbands and all of her five kids are all JWs. My husband's mom is DAd like me after 25 years of it. Her 2nd husband is an Elder. The fact that her kids and grandkids, my husband included , shun her....and me but Im used to it...has broken my heart for soooo long. To watch her, as their mother, and the REASON that they became JWs, to suffer the heartache and guilt that she does.... well you described that pain better than anybody I've ever read. Yours is a testimony that needs to be read by ALL newbies to this forum. Line em up, tie them down and MAKE them read this thread Simon.

God has truly smiled on you Dansk. I know God tries really hard to get our loved ones away from the grasp of this cult and sometimes he can and sometimes he cant. We still have to turn the key ourselves in the longrun. Can our love save them?

hugs and more hugs to your beautiful family....momma gets an EXTRA hug

Loves, in Florida

• Genesis
    Genesis

Love always win ! Way to go Ian ! You owned that borg !

Present score :

Borg 1 - Ian 5

Brotherly love from Quebec !

Joff

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thanks, EVERYONE, for your encouraging replies. I truly appreciate them!!

(((((((((LovesDubs))))))))), ((((((((((((MsMcDucket))))))))))), ((((((((((TweetieBird)))))))))))), love and comfort to you!!

WELCOME Wonderwoman!!

Vitty:

By the way you said 5 out of 6 who is the sixth

Me, Claire, Stephanie, Karl and Dominic are all out. Jody, my oldest daughter and child, is still in!

Love to you all,

Ian

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Ian -

this is wonderful news for you! it really warms my heart!

congrats on such a wonderful success story!

much love to you and yours - freedomlover

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Ian!

Perhaps the 'four pages of new light on the Revelation book' may get your daughter wondering!

Take care

Gill

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Ian and Claire

That's great news about Stephanie, I am so happy for you!

Do you remember writing this?

I wish I could get my younger daughter to read your post as it contains things that I really would like her to understand. For the moment I am treading carefully because I don't want her to think of me as a bitter apostate (she is living back home with us but still has her JW head on, though it is more relaxed at present).

That is part of a reply you made to one of my early threads, when I was taking my first faltering steps towards freedom. I can't tell you how pleased I am that your wish came true. Let's hope your oldest daughter makes the same decision one day.

Let's celebrate the good news in style at the Apostacurry in October.

love

Linda

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Do you remember writing this?
    I wish I could get my younger daughter to read your post as it contains things that I really would like her to understand. For the moment I am treading carefully because I don't want her to think of me as a bitter apostate (she is living back home with us but still has her JW head on, though it is more relaxed at present).

That is part of a reply you made to one of my early threads, when I was taking my first faltering steps towards freedom. I can't tell you how pleased I am that your wish came true. Let's hope your oldest daughter makes the same decision one day.

Gosh, Linda, I'd forgotten about that!

Let's celebrate the good news in style at the Apostacurry in October.

Absolutely!!

Thanks, again, EVERYONE!

Ian

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Congratulations Ian on starting the thread that never dies! lol

I've always enjoyed your posts but didn't know your story. Today, my son is at work and husband is at the annual bookstudy dinner. This is the first year I have not attended but since I am no longer part of the bookstudy group, I don't feel comfortable attending. So, feeling a little lonely and blue, I decided to settle in and while away the early evening on JWD when I came across this old resurrected thread of yours.

Wow! You should have posted a warning in the title that this is a 5 hankie thread at least! My heart sank for you and your Claire when you told the story of losing your daughters. It rose again as I saw your Stephanie's defenses slowly crumbling over time. (2 years is a long time to wait to have your daughter back, but I know others have waited and are waiting much longer)

So, most of all, I want to say your thread has inspired gratitude in me. Gratitude that I was able to slowly undo the damage I had done to my son by raising him in the organization. Gratitude that my mother's love has won out over the conditional love of the "org". Gratitude that the independent, stubborn, thinking of my son has prevented him from letting anyone tell him what he "should" think or what he "should" do, including me. Incidentally, this is the same stubborness that made me want to wring his little neck for years at the meetings and family studies when we were trying to inculcate the "truth" into him.

Last, but not least, I am grateful for finding Randy's site and this forum where kindred spirits can make each other laugh and comfort each other through the tough times. Speaking of kindred spirits, I am currently learning about Buddhist psychology and meditation from a wonderful, wise, older man who has been an invaluable counsellor and advisor to me as I try to exit the JW's with my sanity in tact. (not an easy feat). So I was delighted to see that you also had found some measure of peace and awareness through meditation. My son is also in a rock band, he plays guitar and base but he is still pissed at me because he really wanted to be a drummer! So there you go. Oceans may separate us, but many of us are close in spirit. I'm really disappointed about not being closer to England. I love curry and want to go to the Apostacurry fest! I'll be with you in spirit.

Cheers,

Cog

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Cog:

Congratulations Ian on starting the thread that never dies! lol

I've been told it's helped a lot of people and will help many more. I hope so!!

Wow! You should have posted a warning in the title that this is a 5 hankie thread at least! My heart sank for you and your Claire when you told the story of losing your daughters. It rose again as I saw your Stephanie's defenses slowly crumbling over time. (2 years is a long time to wait to have your daughter back, but I know others have waited and are waiting much longer)

Sorry if it upset you, but the truth had to be made known and, yes, it takes a lot of patience and a steadfast refusal to succumb to emotional blackmail!!

So, most of all, I want to say your thread has inspired gratitude in me. Gratitude that I was able to slowly undo the damage I had done to my son by raising him in the organization. Gratitude that my mother's love has won out over the conditional love of the "org". Gratitude that the independent, stubborn, thinking of my son has prevented him from letting anyone tell him what he "should" think or what he "should" do, including me. Incidentally, this is the same stubborness that made me want to wring his little neck for years at the meetings and family studies when we were trying to inculcate the "truth" into him.

That warmed my heart. I'm so glad it helped!!

Last, but not least, I am grateful for finding Randy's site and this forum where kindred spirits can make each other laugh and comfort each other through the tough times.

A BIG ditto!!

Speaking of kindred spirits, I am currently learning about Buddhist psychology and meditation from a wonderful, wise, older man who has been an invaluable counsellor and advisor to me as I try to exit the JW's with my sanity in tact. (not an easy feat). So I was delighted to see that you also had found some measure of peace and awareness through meditation.

I hate labels but 'Buddhism' has undoubtedly brought me to a greater understanding of life, i.e. why we are here, why so much suffering, how to find an end to that suffering, etc.

My son is also in a rock band, he plays guitar and base but he is still pissed at me because he really wanted to be a drummer! So there you go. Oceans may separate us, but many of us are close in spirit.

At least your son is not constrained by the Watchtower yoke! As for the last part, I very much hope we can meet some day. Claire and I have discussed visiting the States.

I'm really disappointed about not being closer to England. I love curry and want to go to the Apostacurry fest! I'll be with you in spirit.

We'll eat and say a toast in yours and others' honour!!

Love and (((((hugs))))),

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit