TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• Quandry
    Quandry

Dansk, I am pretty new here. Hadn't read your story until today, when I read every comment from everyone. I am sad about what you folks went through, but heartened about the fact that your daughter is moving back home.

I was on the other end of the spectrum. My daughter did a couple of foolish teenage things at sixteen. Nothing as bad as I did, it wasn't a pattern, and she was never in trouble previously. However, the elders that met with her used lies, innuendoes, and harshness. They tried to force her to admit to fornication. Finally, they humiliated her, demeaned her, and disfellowshipped her after making her read the scripture in Rev.--outside are the cowards and the dogs and those disgusting in their filth, and they will burn in the fire with the devil and his angels.

Needless to say, she was devastated, thought that God viewed her as so much refuse. My husband -an elder- tried to stop them, but they ignored him.

We spent two years wanting to die because we felt so betrayed by this organization. The Society backed up these men. We would never turn our back on a young girl and shun her, especially when she was metted out treatment such as this. This is love????

Yes, we have read many similar examples of "love in the congregation" on this forum. I have been encouraged greatly by "meeting" others who have been dealt with similarly. At least, like you and your wife, my husband and I both were totally appalled by our treatment and have not been to the meetings. My daughter has anxiety attacks just thinking about the witnesses.

I have not met any former witnesses. Glad you have friends to visit. We are hoping to make new friends eventually. Of course, like you described, if anyone appealed to you but was "worldly" you must not pursue friendship with them. As loyal dubs, we never did.

Anyway, great to "meet" you and your family.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Japanboy and Quandry,

I don't know how I missed your posts! Must have been a hospital appointment!!

Thank you both for posting here because it re-emphasises what we did to get out from the strnglehold of Watchtower was the correct decision. Thankfully, I rarely think of JWism these days. Time really does heal - the the terrific people here make the healing so much easier.

Now for an UPDATE. 18 August 2006:

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only has Stephanie stopped going to meetings but yesterday she got a place at Manchester University to study English! She'll be there for at least three years (she actually 'phoned home and said to her mother: "You know I'll be living with you for the next three years!!)

On completion of her course Stephanie wishes to pursue a career in teaching!

So, now five out of six of us have well and truly left Dubdom. Claire and I made our first Apostafest in the summer and met up with a bunch of wonderful people. Karl is off to Brighton in around two weeks to move in to a flat prior to starting University - and his girlfriend is going with him! Yes, Karl's been courting for months now, too!!

Dominic starts college in September and is also playing soccer for a local amateur club just a few hundred yards from our house, plus he works for a carpet store every weekend to earn a few £££! And now Stephanie is pursuing a teaching career! Woohoo, life really is great after Watchtower.

And me? Well, I got good news from the hospital yesterday and I'm getting deeper and deeper in love with Claire. She fills my mind every waking minute and tells me I'm a big romantic softie

Also, there's the Apostacurry to look forward to in October, when we can meet up with old friends from the forum and get to see new ones and others we haven't met before!

Just goes to show, WE SHOULD NEVER GIVE UP! I still have a daughter in Watchtower, but I'm hopeful she, too, will one day exit. It's been three years since she was last in touch but one day I'm sure she'll start to ask questions about the teachings.

Here's to YOU and YOUR success!!

Ian

• serendipity
    serendipity

Good news Ian!

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Great news Ian.

Life is good.

our hugs to Claire too.

Denise and Dave

• KW13
    KW13

IAN that is excellent news

• jgnat
    jgnat

*preens* Well, I've been praying for family restoration along with Dansk's health!

But truth be known, I feared the family reunion would be around Ian's hospital bed. His recovery has me gobsmacked!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey (((IAN)),bud that was a powerful post..Wow!.You obviously wrote that while I was away..Your update..Very nice,I`m happy for you...OUTLAW

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

(((IAN)))
    I am new here too and just read your amazing story. What strength and courage and love!!
    You all are such an inspiration. I am so happy and excited for you and your family.
    WW

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I share this with you all today because I am in pain. There's no going back - not EVER! I want my daughters back, but not at any price. Emotional blackmail will not wash with us.

Dansk, I know how you feel. My twin daughters are shunning me. They think that I'm the devil or possessed. It gets me down sometimes. I think about what if they decide to get married or have children? Will they let me keep the kids? Will I be invited to the wedding? I think about what if they get ill? They've signed those stupid blood cards giving the society the right to make life and death decisions for them! How can I make them see? It's horrible!

That religion is so dirty! I hate it!

(((hugs)))) Hang in there!

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Dansk,

I was in your daughters shoes, although I never treated my dad harshly. I did, however find reasons not to see him when he was in town. But deep down, I knew that it was wrong to shun him even though I was a true die-hard witness at the time. He wrote me a long letter telling me how much he loved me and why he had to be true to himself, that he could no longer living a lie.

As time went on I made up excuses to see him whenever he came to town and basically had a normal relationship with him until he died. After his death, what he had shared with me upon his exit out of the organization kept resurfacing. A lightbulb went off and now I wish I could let him know that I saw the light.

Hang in there, as she matures she will be able to see through the bs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit