TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• Dansk
    Dansk

This thread has been cathartic for me - and Claire, too, though she seldom posts - and has been a roller-coaster ride. The main reason I keep bringing it back to the top, however, is in the hope that others will derive some encouragement from it. There are more newbies here than I can count since I first started posting and inevitably they will know nothing about my situation.

On first leaving Watchtower Claire and I really were emotionally drained and felt as though we were in mourning. 19 years is a l-o-n-g time to be associated with the organisation and on finding the truth about the cult we knew we had to immediately cut ourselves off - at the time leaving family members (our two daughters) and many "friends" behind. We were shunned and I received some extremely hurtful comments from my older daughter in a letter.

Happily, our younger daughter, Stephanie, is well and truly out of Watchtower now and our hope is that Jody and her husband will eventually see that our stand is right. We have so enjoyed meeting new and TRUE friends here and thoroughly enjoying 'worldly' celebrations like birthdays and Christmas - and Apostafests (we even organised one!!)! My goodness, how I just love Christmas!!

I fully understand how difficult it is for many here to exit like Claire and I did. Many are trying to fade, their pain excrutiating but they hide it and all because they are afraid of losing family. Emotional blackmail is the cult's greatest weapon - and they know it!

I really don't know how I would have reacted if no one had joined me in my exit! I love Claire passionately and if she had stayed inside Watchtower my heart would have been crushed. Fortunately, she came out with me - but others aren't so fortunate, which is why the likes of Gumby have to try for reinstatement. They know it's all a great BIG lie but family ties keep them in. How dispicable the organisation really is!

In my moment of joy, just when I was really starting to live, I found out I had cancer. I have been fighting it for the past three years - but once again the folks here rallied round and offered so much love and encouragement. It worked, for so far I have beaten the prognosis. I am still not out of the woods and am literally fighting for my life. I need an urgent stem cell transplant: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/132092/1.ashx

Whatever happens, I have never regretted - not for one moment - leaving Watchtower. I cannot live a lie!

If this thread inspires and encourages it will have achieved its goal. I fully intend to continually bring it back to the top - one day in the hope that Jody's name will finally be included with the rest of my family.

Love,

Ian

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    If this thread inspires and encourages it will have achieved its goal. I fully intend to continually bring it back to the top - one day in the hope that Jody's name will finally be included with the rest of my family.

Oh, it does, Ian! It is quite a thread to stumble upon as a newbie here, and worth every minute of anyone's reading time.

I hope Jody will come out one day.

• Dansk
    Dansk

UPDATE: 30 June 2007

My daughter, Stephanie, is moving back home today. It was a struggle for her paying rent (expensive now in Manchester) on her small university grant and part-time work. Right now Karl is living here, too, during the summer break from university, so we are a family of 5 again!

That's FIVE people in one family FREE of Watchtower dogma and enjoying life to the full.

My advice to those still trying to escape/get their loved ones out: keep working at it!

Love,

Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk

UPDATE 16 Sept 2007:

I'm pleased to report that my daughter, Stephanie, has been posting here since November 2006 (I only recently found out) Stephanie goes under the name 'faundy'.

Love,

Ian

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Thanks for bringing it back to top Ian. It really is an inspiring story. I wish I could have that kind of success in helping out my siblings.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Happy Birthday, Ian!

How about another update?

Hugs,
    Marjorie

• juni
    juni

(((Ian and Claire))) I just now have read your "story". It certainly has had many twists and turns since 2003 hasn't it?

a rejection of the society is considered akin to rejecting God. Then, the fear is of losing one's family and then friends - being ostracised and painted as though one is in league with the Devil. Yes, this is one heck of an organisation we're dealing with here.

Isn't it sad? Your words are very true. This is spiritual abuse. NO RELIGION has the authority to say these words.

I wish you and Claire and your family continued happiness and a peaceful new year together.

Love, Juni

• Dansk
    Dansk
    How about another update?

Well, as Juni said, there have been many twists and turns. I have received two wonderful presents: my health is fast getting back to normal and my younger daughter, Stephanie, is happy with her life back at home and doing well at university. We are ALL looking forward to Christmas!

2008, hopefully, will see me finished with my medication and allow Claire and I to travel more. The USA is figuring largely in our plans. Staying with friends in Colorado, mainly - but we'd also love to see many others, such as Marjorie in Washington. We just don't know how our plans will pan out.

Karl is doing well at university, too, and our grandchild, Jack (Karl's son), is growing wonderfully well. Hope to see them soon.

Dominic has left college and is looking for work.

Our older daughter, Jody, is still brainwashed and remains a JW, still not having been in touch.

Claire and I are very happy!

Love,

Ian

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

bttt: Dansk's first entry in which he explains his story.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Brave and good man, RIP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit