TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• Dansk
    Dansk

Sens, Special K, cj, gumby, BONEZZ, outnfree (what a highly appropriate name!) , mouthy, sens, JamesThomas (my kindred spirit!), mortons68, Euphemism, franklin J, blondie, anglise, SLOAN and shamus ((((((((((((((HUGS GALORE))))))))

Thank you, my dear friends. Your replies, as ever, mean the world to Claire and I.

I fully understand why so many on the forum cannot allow their real names to be made known. For Claire and I, however, there's nothing the Borg can do to us now. We are shunned by all JWs, including our own daughters, so we felt that by coming out into the open we may help others to gain courage - not necessarily to be as open as we, but to realise that one really can be free of fear.

Some may question whether we are helping getting our daughters back by being so open - but we aren't getting them back by being closed! To be honest, as I've said before, this is not just about my wife and I and our girls, it's about helping others; especially those that want to get out but are too afraid. We KNOW!!! it is difficult, that's why we feel we can help others by letting them know exactly who we are and where they can contact us (this has worked already as I've been contacted). We also know that this forum is trolled, so if Watchtower wish to contact my old congregation to let them know then PLEASE FEEL FREE. WE DON'T CARE!!!

Some news: This will be our first Christmas in 19 years (the very first for our two sons!). Already we have purchased a Christmas tree and all the balls, beads and tinsel that one associates with the festive season. The tree shall stand pride of place in our front window for all the neighbours (and passing Borg) to see .

I am studying Buddhism again (I was a Buddhist before being hoodwinked into the Borg - gosh, why did I ever leave Buddhism?? Must have needed my brain feeling!). I'm particularly interested in Zen. Claire, on the other hand, doesn't believe in anything now - but who can blame her?

I've been appointed secretary of my local judo club, an art/sport I thoroughly love and enjoy (though I broke a rib a few weeks back! OUCH!!). I also do yoga and go for runs. We also acquired a beautiful young border collie puppy, 'Rosie', from a rescue centre. She's a fabulous girl!

So, we're now doing all the things we were prevented from doing while we were part of a mindless collective. My younger son, Dominic, and I, recently passed our judo gradings. I never thought being thrown through the air could be so much fun!!!

Claire and I celebrate 25 glorious married years together next month, when I also turn 50. We're going out with friends from the judo club for a slap up meal. They know our story and have taken us into their bosoms unconditionally. Gosh, what a great life this is turning out to be.

So, please don't any of you despair. Simon's done a great job here and Randy Watters is doing likewise with his website and journal. ISP and Latte were there when we needed them. Watchtower is crumbling, thousands are leaving and people are truly beginning to live for the first time. Without this forum and all the friends we have made on it, plus Randy's site, our journey to freedom would not have been so easy. Bless you all for playing such a major part. You have truly helped us heal.

Sincerest love and affection,

Ian, Claire and Boys

• shamus
    shamus

Dansk,

Again, I am so happy for you! I know why you don't really come here anymore... me thinks that Shamus needs to get a new hobby too... this internet thing is getting to me!

Wishing you all the best...

• rocketman
    rocketman
    To see them groping for reasons for my not being appointed was pathetic, but I accepted their counsel as a good brother, went home and PROMPTLY went on every 'apostate' website I could find. As mentioned in my first post, there was never ANY chance of my being appointed an elder. I was too much of a threat to the harmony of the body as I am not a 'yes' man. I am an honest man!

At times, I had seen similar situations. When I was an elder and we'd discuss recommending brothers as elders or ms's, I was sometimes quite dismayed over some of the things that were brought up about brothers that supposedly disqualified them.

The rest of your story is very compelling as well Dansk. I am very sorry to hear about the reaction of your daughters to all this.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Ian. Congratulations & Welcome out into the open.

The tree shall stand pride of place in our front window for all the neighbours (and passing Borg) to see .

Heartiest Congratulations to you and Physio on 25 years of marriage. The best is yet to come.

Now if I can find a screenwriter, I think we have the making of an unusual movie superhero on our hands.

I mean I don't hink we've ever had an ornery 50 year old exjw, judo kicking Christmas celebrating Buddhist before !

Greatest Respect and Love

david

• Dansk
    Dansk

Shamus and Rocketman, thanks again. You've both been great buddies on the forum and while we can't shake hands and hug please realise that I'm with you cyberly!

David & CJ,

You've been with me more than most - on and off-list - and Claire and I will never forget that!! Thank you, David, for all the artwork, it brought an enormous smile to my face. It's hard to cut off ties with this place completely because of the likes of you. You always make visits so worthwhile. Love you both lots!!

On driving into my street this morning around 10 JWs were walking along. They all noticed us and immediately looked away as though they hadn't. I just stared at them and thought "What a bunch of sad people!" And it's true! I've seen people age prematurely in the Borg through the anxiety it causes. Myself, I used to have eczema on my right hand, but when I abandoned Watchtower and was convinced my decision was right I have never suffered it since!

When I was a Borgite I used to think there was nowhere else to go. Now, out and completely free, I realise I am going to die and that there is no paradise on earth to wake up to - and yet I am more happy now than I ever was as part of the collective. Claire and the boys feel exactly the same.

Strange, isn't it. We spent years telling others about the prospects of life in a wonderful paradise on earth and the regaining of our youthful vigour - and yet we were never truly happy; it didn't sit well. Now, our mortality the reality, we are extremely joyful! Compared to those JWs in my street this morning, hand on heart I can tell you I'd rather be in my position.

Love to all,

Ian

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Dansk,

Your posts are always so uplifting. I'm soo happy for you, Claire and the boys!!! Sounds like you will have a wonderful X~mas!!! Best wishes in all you and your family do. Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!! (early)

Love

Michele

• Dansk
    Dansk

LATEST UPDATE: Today Claire went shopping at Tescos, where our younger daughter, Stephanie, works. Claire approached Stephanie and asked her why she hasn't been in touch. Stephanie replied that we don't have anything in common. Claire said that we have so many things in common (e.g. family ties for one) but Stephanie wasn't interested.

So, there we have it. Anyone who believes Watchtower doesn't break families up has their head in the sand.

To be honest, I'm not in the least surprised by Stephanie's response. Most of us here know how the Watchtower cult works and the successful brainwashing techniques it administers. Well, it won't work with the rest of the family. In spite of today's event we are all united in our stand and genuinely happy. The girls must find out the truth about Watchtower for themselves.

Here's to a Happy Christmas.

Love,

Ian, Claire, Karl and Dominic

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

That's too bad about your daughter. Yes they do have their heads in the sand. But like you say they'll have to find out the truth about the troof for themselves.

In the meantime you, Physio and your boys are experiencing a new freedom and loving it. So enjoy it, hopefully your daughters will join you eventually.

love

cj

• shera
    shera

Yay for you!

Sorry about your daughter tho.

Have fun this christmas!

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125
    Most of us here know how the Watchtower cult works and the successful brainwashing techniques it administers. Well, it won't work with the rest of the family. In spite of today's event we are all united in our stand and genuinely happy.

So true Dansk and I'm glad that you and the rest of your family are happy! I feel very blessed to have some siblins that aren't j.w.'s, and we get together and have a great time!

As for those that are j.w.'s, I keep my heart open to them and maybe one day they will change their mind about the org.

Wishing you happy holidays too!

Tink

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit