by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• Sirona
    Sirona

((Dansk & Family)))

You have a PM

Sirona

• garybuss
    garybuss

Dansk, It's a disturbing subject. I know several Witnesses who committed suicide. The lady where we had the Tuesday night Watch Tower produced book study committed suicide. A young Witness man who lived in my town with his Witness mother and non Witness father committed suicide after he was married with a child, and my wife's Witness uncle hung himself in his barn.

On blame, I called on my elderly parents in 2000 with a gift and to see how they were doing. I had not been there to visit since January of 1995. My dad met me at the door and refused the gift. He told me he blamed me for my mother's heart attack two years before. I had not seen her for three years before the heart attack. She is an obese, resentful prescription drug abuser.

I was set back by the charge. It stands to reason that if I was responsible for the bad health, then I must have been responsible for the 80 years of good health. Somehow I doubt I will be given credit for anything good. It's just sick people in a sick group doing sick thing. It's disturbing, I wish it could be different, but history predicts more of the same to come.

I think a blame charge has more shock effect when it is delivered by a parent or by an adult child. It really shows their contempt for us. Sorry it had to happen Dansk. GaryB

• acsot
    acsot

I?m so sorry for you. How on earth can she relate a JW suicide with you? I think her whole spiritual world view is shook up right now. After all, JWs are the happiest people in the world, right? So they shouldn?t be going around committing suicide. I think that Stephanie probably meant that seeing as you are now of the ?evil slave class? you have lost all normal emotions and take gleeful delight in someone?s misfortune. Yet, her words prove that it?s the dubs who seek to cast aspersions on others rather than simply feeling the enormity of what happened and being a comfort to those who need it. I think she?s feeling upside down right now. Hopefully it will all clear up into her realizing what the real score is.

• Dansk
    Dansk

LATEST UPDATE:

I received a telephone call from a guy I used to call on regularly with the magazines and who once had a study. He is a dyed-in-the -wool Roman Catholic and wasn't for budging (thankfully!). Anyway, he told me that two JWs recently called on him, both male, and, by his description, I recognised them both - one an MS and the other an elder. My "friend" knows full well why I left the Borg but he played along with these two shrunken heads. He asked them whatever had happened to me and they replied that I found something out about Watchtower but won't tell anyone what it is!

HA HA HA HA HA HA! IS THAT THE BEST THEY CAN DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tears are almost running down my eyes...........................my stomach hurts through laughing.

Ian

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Yep, they've got their heads in the sand, or their head too far up their arses to see the light.

Thanks for the laugh Dansk.

love

cj

• Dansk
    Dansk

UPDATE:

My younger daughter, Stephanie, telephoned this morning She's coming round to visit this evening! Whooppee

It took my illness to do it, but that doesn't matter. I'll let you all know what transpires.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread again with the good news.

Ian

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Let me be the first to congratulate you Dansk!!!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Dansk,

I bet she's gonna come around. With the parents she has, the love will eventually win out and I would imagine that some in the cong have been critical of you...which is hard for a child to hear about loving parents.

What you said in your initial post about the borg needing to be destroyed is soooo true. Some here may think that is harsh but it isn't. When you calculate the number of families that have been broken up by them AND the hostages they still hold....the WATCHTOWER is a true terrorist organization with cells all over the world...preaching hate for all who are not like them and destruction to 99% of the earths population. Our spreading the real truth about them is working.

I hope and pray for the best for you and your family.

-BONEZZ

• codeblue
    codeblue

Dansk:

Thanks for the update......I hope it goes well with your daughter.

By updating, I was able to read the beginning of your thread....which I think was excellent. Your deep down feelings of coming to know the truth about the truth(tm). I think what you wrote is the feeling that we "all" have experienced...

I admire your courage to share it with your wife and children. My husband is fading with me, it has been about a year now. I just need to visit my kids (they live thousands of miles away) and show them from non-apostate sites, some of the critical information about the WTBS that exposes their hypocrisy.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your personal life experience, it teaches us "new ones" a valuable lesson: to not be afraid to speak the "truth"...

Codeblue

• Dansk
    Dansk

Stephanie came round and it was just like "normal". JWism was never mentioned - neither was the fact that I had statues of Buddha around the room. Stephanie spent most of her time with her brothers, which pleased me a lot. She listened to Karl play his drums and played pool with Dominic. We cracked jokes and talked of things unconnected with anything that could lead down a path of confrontation. We didn't even discuss her older sister, Jody.

Stephanie borrowed one of her mum's favourite DVDs and also promised to lend Claire a CD. So, the door to further visits is open.

Before leaving she gave me a really nice hug and Claire took her "home". Stephanie, who is on holiday, is staying with her staunch JW friend who is married to an elder. THAT is my only concern. I don't want all the good work we have achieved being undone. The trouble is, the more she associates with that particular woman the harder it is to have her visit.

We've done all we can - again! My sister-in-law, who can't stand JWs, helped set this meeting up and, believe me, you wouldn't want to cross her. If Stephanie stays away now she'll feel the tongue of her aunt - and that would be a daunting prospect.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit