TORN APART

by Dansk 449 Replies latest members private

• Dansk
    Dansk

UPDATE: SOME REALLY TRAGIC NEWS!

Right at the beginning of this thread I mentioned an elder whom I evicted from my house. He and his wife live right on the corner of our street and have been shunning us.

A week ago a friend called round and happened to mention that there were 2-3 police cars and an ambulance outside the elder?s house. A neighbour said the local newspaper later printed a small report saying the elder?s wife had committed suicide by taking an overdose of pills. She was only in her late 40s.

We knew she had been suffering from depression ? her mother and sister were disfellowshipped years ago and the elder?s wife deliberately shunned them both. As far as I am concerned, this cult has claimed another victim.

A couple of days after the emergency services were in the street my doorbell rang. I answered the door to find Stephanie, my younger daughter, stood there. She mentioned about the elder?s wife being dead, to which I said I knew. What she said next was incredible: "I hope you?re satisfied!" she said.

Stephanie and the elder?s wife were good friends, so I guess I was the scapegoat for Stephanie?s pain. After that she walked off to her friend?s car (an elder?s wife who came between us months ago).

Ian

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

IAN!!! You may be the scapegoat for this tragic incident but you are not the cause of it! I don't know what to say. This is horrible, but do not believe for one minute that you had ANY influence at all.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

How would anyone derive satisfaction out of another committing suicide due to depression?

Dansk, you are certainly right. You are just the scapegoat here.

Anything good happens = Jehovah's direction

Anything bad happens = Satan and his puppets direction

Dubs can't rationalize it any other way.

To face anything other than the above is to start the wheels in motion of facing the truth about the Troof

• Mulan
    Mulan

Your daughter is in a lot of pain. She needs someone to blaim for such a senseless death.................give her time. She will eventually think about it and come to a different conclusion.

She probably meant something much different than the way it came out.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Ian. That is indeed tragic. My thoughts go out to the husband. I do not know how he is going to reconcile this.

As for Stephanie, she was just lashing out. She will apolagize for that one day.

David

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Sorry to hear of the tragic news.

It's too bad Stephanie's eyes weren't open to this damning cult. It looks like its going to take little more for her faith to crumble in this organization.

Hugs to your family

Love

cj

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

There's just nothing to say except that this is not your fault obviously and I'm so sorry. Everyone feels your pain I just wish there was more to do or say.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

It is certainly difficult to argue with logic like that--the elder's wife committed suicide because you left JW-dom? Really.

• shamus
    shamus

Ian,

This does not suprise me, really. It is tragic tragic news.... what is there to live for when all your beliefs are called into question, and your elder husband hoards it over you... at least that's what could have happened to her...

I felt so utterly depressed in the religion, it was horrendous. I was too sick emotionally to even go out and have a good time sometimes. The religion sapped every ounce of strength from me emotionally, and left me suicidal. It's obvious this is what has happened to her, too.

Maybe this will be a wake up call for your kids.

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Dansk

I echo.. kgfree... "It is certainly difficult to argue with logic like that--the elder's wife committed suicide because you left JW-dom? Really." (Baffeled!!) I don't understand how Stephanie has made any connection with you to your neighbours death.. My neighbour is dying of brain cancer. I didn't give the brain cancer to him. My children really like this neighbour. If he dies... does that mean my sons are going to blame me?...I guess I better prepare myself for that.... Depression can be a killer... what about all this womans other neighbours? Does your daughter also feel they are also to blame?... Hang in their Dansk. If Stephanie didn't love you.. then I guess she wouldn't get so confused by all this and display all this misdirected anger...towards you. ((Big Hug))) Sincerely Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit