My Father passed away during the night

by jwfacts 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

So sorry for your loss Paul. But remember MY GOD said he examines hearts!!!
    Wouldnt be surprised to know your DAD is right where he wanted to be..
    In front of GOD!!!!!!in Paradise ,Not the one he expected as a JW,but
    as promised by the Creator... Heavenly!!!! At the funeral dont let any there
    try to make you feel guilty,my daughter passed with cancer at 42 yrs old
    SOME try to imply.It was because she left the JWS...
    Take care .....Have a good cry it helps ((((HUGS)))

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My condolences Paul.

The time we have with those we love is always too short.

They live on in our memories and in our love for them and we shall see them when the time comes.

Love gives us the strength that we need and you my friend, have that love and that strength.

May Our Lord keep you and your loved ones in His Grace and Love, always.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Sorry for your loss Paul...but glad you had more opportunity to share with your Dad before he departed this life. He certainly sounds like a man of faith. Even if some of his faith was misplaced, God looks on the heart. And yes, I'm sure he was proud of you...but not nearly as proud as he will be in the resurrection. Keep up the good work.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So sorry for your loss Paul

Josie

• unshackled
    unshackled

My sincere condolences to you sir. Sorry to hear that. Your post has given me something to think about. My JW father is 64 and we haven't spoken in 5 years and certainly haven't made "our peace".

• AGuest
    AGuest

Sincere condolences for your loss, dear Paul (peace to you!). It is wonderful to see someone speak of their parent in the way you have here, although regrettable that it had to be under such circumstances. I am glad to know that you were able to have some kind of a warm relationship with your dear father in spite of his position in the WTBTS. That is rare but, as you describe him, your father seemed to have been rare, as well, and I am sure you are grateful for that.

Again, peace to you... and your household... particularly during this time!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Sorry to hear about your fathers' passing away.

At least many others I grew up with have left as well, and some will be there to offer support.

Be assured of our support as well!

• dgp
    dgp

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

If children are the reflection of their upbringing, and the personal qualities of parents, then your father was a very fine man.

May he rest in peace.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What a tender and beautiful eulogy. I am so sorry to hear that the WTBTS robbed you of so many happy years, close to your father.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

JWFacts,

I am sorry for your loss. I am happy that you were able to have somewhat of a relationship with your father in the last year and a half.

Your father sounds like a very good person, and a man of integrity.

You and your family have my deepest sympathies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit