My Father passed away during the night

by jwfacts 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• nugget
    nugget

so sorry he sounds like a good man who will be missed by many. Sadly cancer is no respecter of a person's worth and often robs us of the best. I am glad that you had an opportunity to make peace despite your differences.

• JRK
    JRK

My thoughts and condolences are with you.

JK

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

JWfacts, my deep sympathy for your loss.

As others have said, it seems that you and your father have much in common. The main thing being, that you both helped people cope. it would be hard to overestimate the benefits of your website.

I profoundly hope that the funeral helps you, your family and the congregation.

Retro

• blondie
    blondie

Paul, I'm glad that although a jw your father let good principles guide his life. Many jws stay because they can edit the WTS. I did that for 45 years. 64 is too young, an age I will reach all too soon.

I'm glad he was willing to get to know his grandchild and keep in touch with you.

Love, Blondie and Irreverent

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Sorry for your loss. I understand the hurt you are going through right not. Take it one day at a time. In many ways he sounds like a great man. I am so glad you had that chance to get to know him again. Take care. Totally ADD

• zoiks
    zoiks

Paul,

Please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your dad. From your description, he sounds like a wonderful man and a good father. He obviously played a large part in your turning out to be a good, intelligent, and honest man. Peace and strength to you and your family, and may he rest in peace.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Paul, the congregation may not give a decent funeral talk but your write-up was an excellent eulogy. When someone passes, we are supposed to find the good in them and you certainly did that. Awesome job.

Strength to you for the JW thing.

• Roski
    Roski

Sorry to hear of your loss - it is painful regardless of the circumstances. My dad died just a year ago - he probably knew your dad...knew everyone - was in Bethel all during the build. For some time before he died he would just sit on his bed thinking. My mum said she didn't know what he was thinking about, but I think I know. He was really very fit - I think he just gave up. She was/is a strict follower but not a thinker. She has now taken shunning to a new level and has allowed herself to be manipulated by a couple of elders who have behaved very unethically. You may need to be prepared for a different set of changes now - maybe. I hope the funeral goes well. Take care...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I am sorry for your loss Paul.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

My condolences to your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit