My Father passed away during the night

by jwfacts 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Sincere condolences, JW Facts. What I gather from your presentation is that your father and you did love and respect each other. If I understand well, your Dad, somehow, used the JW religion as a frame for the true christian hope and way of life that he was genuinely seeking for his and his family's best interest. He certainly can't be blamed for having been sincere and loyal to his conviction, making room as he did (private school) to provide his child(ren ?) with adequate tools for a balanced life. Jehovah will sort it all out.

• sizemik
    sizemik

I do hope the funeral went as well as possible for you Paul . . . and granted you a pleasant final memory to carry forward. It would be fitting.

• cofty
    cofty

My condolences, I'm glad you made peace with him in the end. He sounds like a good man. I hope your mum keeps close now.

• Mary
    Mary

I am just reading this now. I'm so sorry for your loss Paul. It sounds like your father was a good, good person and in the end, that's what counts.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Paul I am so sorry I missed this thread. Please accept my condolences, belated though they are.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I just saw this thread. I am so sorry.

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Paul, I'm so sorry. Your eulogy is very beautiful and I'm glad you were able to make peace with him. (((HUGS)))

• cedars
    cedars

jwfacts - I've only just noticed this post, and I was very sad to hear of your terrible loss and the circumstances under which it happened. For all the unecessary pain and heartache inflicted on your relationship by shunning, it was touching to read that your father was able to put that aside and contact you regularly before he died. I'm sure those conversations will have meant a lot to both of you.

You're right - if he'd read your website he would have been proud. I get the feeling he was anyway.

Cedars

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I didn't see this also....

Sorry for your lose...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit