My Father passed away during the night

by jwfacts 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• life is to short
    life is to short

Sorry for your for the pain your going through.

LITS

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I truly am sorry for your loss . He was so young ...so glad the two of you were able to speak with each other these past few months . He sounded like a wonderful man ,and no doubt a role model for you .

I hope your Mother will moderate her JW views in order to maintain a better relationship with you and your family . I wish you much strength in facing those at the KH for the up coming funeral . Hold your head high as the proud son you most certainly are ,the love and respect for your parents will shine through . May the unlookers realize love of family is not a switch to be turned off and on .

May you have peace .

• Intel
    Intel

Dear jwfacts,

My condolences and at the same time my admiration for your work, despite your upbringings and education. You wrote a nice, memoir for you father and it really sounds that both of you made peace. Good to know.

My father is disfellowshipped and started shunning me... (maybe because my mother puts pressure on him). I hope you can keep the good memories and forget about the others.

Peace and Happiness to you and your family.

Intel

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I am sorry for your loss. It's good you were on good terms in the end and you feel you've made your peace. I hope that lessens the sting of death a little. My love & condolences go out to you & your family.

• Dagney
    Dagney

((Paul)), I am so sorry for the loss of your father. Too young. I'm glad there has been some humanity shown to you during this time. Strange we even have to wonder if that will exist during a time like this.

I lost my mother 1 1/2 yrs ago. My brother, a COBOE/PO had been shunning me and acting ridiculously for years. In a turnabout, we had a sit down late into the evening after a disagreement over my mom's obit. He somehow heard what I said and told me he was going to keep communication open with me, which he has. It made the dreadful memorial service at the KH and the family time better than I had hoped. But, they can turn at any time, especially after these latest magazines, I know.

You've had an extrordinary journey Paul. I know this sad occasion will bring attention to you and what you have accomplished as well as the passing of your father. As been mentioned, you and your father have chosen different paths of helping others, but help others is what you have done. Countless others. That is a great legacy.

I wish you strength and peace of mind as you navigate through these coming days. The passing of a parent is big thing. Those reels of our life start replaying in our heads. Thinking of you and yours. xox

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Sorry to hear about your loss JWFacts.

You have a great website, which I admire the research you've done and I'm sure your Dad would've felt proud of that work.

• Ding
    Ding

So sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm glad you and your father were able to make peace despite the barrier created by the WTS.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Paul,

Our condolences for the loss of your father. And for what the religion took away long before his death.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Hang in there Paul. Please accept my condolences.

SIAM

• minimus
    minimus

I am so sorry for your loss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit