My Father passed away during the night

by jwfacts 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scully
    Scully

Sorry to hear about your Father's passing.

I'm very happy that you and he were able to mend fences somewhat over the past year or so. That must have meant a lot to you.

• nancy drew
  • carla
    carla

I'm so sorry for your loss. I am happy that you two had the time in the end to talk, discuss and know that you loved each other. I too think he would be proud of your site even if he couldn't say so. Wishing you and your family peace, carla

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I'm so sorry for your loss, Paul. You must have shed many tears while writing that beautiful memorial. He sounds very much like my own father, who died many years ago at the same age and also from cancer. Your touching words reminded me of him and I thank you for that.

I don't envy you having to go to the KH and face all of the judgmental stares, but as another poster said - keep your head up high. Anyone who uses a heartbreaking, personal event to judge another is not worthy of your time or energy.

• tec
    tec

I'm sorry for your loss and that you did not get to know him as much as it sounds you would have liked. As much as it seems he held things in (stoic-like), he might very well have known the man you are and the help you have given others, even if he said nothing. I'm glad you made peace with him before he died.

Peace to you,

Tammy

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He was not dogmatic about things, and felt I had taken information in the Watchtower too literally. He didn't believe people had to be Witnesses to survive Armageddon, or even that the Governing Body are spirit directed. He believed the Bible was, and they just do their best to interpret it. Faith is just faith, unproven, and not something be dogmatic about. He said he was a Witness because it seemed the best option for our family; I think he was because it was what Mum needed.

WOW! and this was from a CO! Do you think he ever shared such thoughts with the "flock"? I remember a few COs long ago that were more moderate in their thinking. One said that everyone should respect the Elder Arrangement although he admitted that not every individual elder deserved that kind of allegiance. The new COs we see coming out of the MTS School are younger, more "company men", and seem to see everything in black & white.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Paul,

So sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family during this time of grief. It sounds like you Dad was a great guy and that he will be missed.

• DNCall
    DNCall

Dear Paul,

Barbara and I want to add our condolences to you and your family. Regardless of the times of estrangement, you can always reflect on the contributions he made to your life, including the gifts that you inhereted from him.

Much love,

Frank

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm very sorry for your loss. It sounds like your father was a wonderful person.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Paul.

I realize that your exit from the WT was a shock for your family, but you've truly helped so many JWs.

It's good you kept in touch with your father during the last months and made peace.

My condolences to your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit