My Father passed away during the night

by jwfacts 138 Replies latest jw experiences

• s0rt3d
    s0rt3d

I'm deeply sorry to hear of your loss, jwfacts. Your dad sounds like a lovely person whose kindness and caring would have made difficult times in the org. easier to face/go through. The apple didn't fall far from the tree: via your site you've been - and are - just like your dad toward/for a lot of us. Thank you and all strength to you when you go to your old hall. I'm sure many of us will be there with you in spirit.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Im sorry to hear about your Father Paul, he sounded like a great bloke.

If the funeral is at your old KH, Im sure it will bring back a lot of memories for you...mentally prepare before you go. Hold your head up. Look people in the eye. You are there for your dad. Rise above any sly looks or whispers....take the high road. You are the better man. Hope you get through it ok, let us know how you get on.

Paula x

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

My condolences on your father’s passing, jwfacts. It’s extraordinary that he and you have achieved so much… in different ways.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks again.

BP - My mother has always loved me dearly, but is extremely devoted to the Watchtower Society, and quite strictly followed the rules on shunning. The last couple of weeks with mum have been much like when I was not d/f. I am not sure what will happen once the funeral is over and association is no longer considered a "necessary family matter."

Pam's Girl - good advice. The hall I am going to was a quick build that Dad was the overseer for, and I assisted with the preparation for many months. I planted an olive tree and pomegranate tree there. I doubt they bear fruit due to the cold, but probably still be alive.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Trans - Dad said we were on different sides of the same war. I saw it slightly differently, we were both trying to improve the lives of JWs.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I'm so sorry Jwfacts.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is bad news and I'm sorry.

My father was much the same as yours. Mine died of the big 'C' too some years back.

Sympathy to you and yours and keep your chin up.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Hope it goes well for you on thursday jwf..........will be thinking of you.

Hoab

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Sorry to hear this, my thoughts go out to you at this time.

It must be some comfort that you both reconnected even if it was because of illness, Sounds to me like facing his mortality made him reasses his relationship and the WT came out second.

all the best

Oz

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

sad to hear of your loss Paul and encouraging that you made your relationship with your father much closer in his last months , what is your relationship like with your siblings? My father died at 60 in 2005(cancer as well) an elder and although we never made our peace together he accepted my new wife and we was with him the day before he died, he was an elder all the while. I attended the funeral in my DA/DF state and was surprised by the amount of well wishers speaking with me although the members of my old cong all shunned probably on the instructions of the PO and his mate, I'm sure you will get through the day easily after all you've been through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit