I am the Faithful and Discreet Slave

by jwblog 136 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    The w.t.s. does not own the copywrite for something that God provided to the people freely. I will defeat them in a court of law if necessary.

Go get 'em Dragonslayer.

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

jwblog,

The onus is on you to prove that the flood was a "factual" event! Can you??

cynisister

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Jesus H. Christ, here we go again.........

nj

• jwblog
    jwblog

jwblog,

The onus is on you to prove that the flood was a "factual" event! Can you??

cynisister

Yes I can, with these questions. Why is the ocean filled with salt? What happened to the dead sea? There are many websites devoted to providing information on this. Also, where are the ancient dinosaurs and who created them, God or satan?

"Salt in the ocean comes from the land. The elements that make up salts, such as chlorine and sodium, started out in rocks. Water and acids eroded the rocks, and rivers carried the elements into the sea. The oceans usually contain 35 parts of salts for every 1000 parts of sea water. This is lower in some places where there is a lot of fresh water coming into the ocean. It is higher where the Sun is very strong and evaporates more of the water. When all the water is gone, the salts are left behind as solid, white crystals." It is evident that a large amount of water washed the salt from the land that is now found in the oceans.
  • crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Jesus H. Christ, here we go again.........

/passing the popcorn......

• jwblog
    jwblog
    passing the popcorn......

I like popcorn as well, Orville Redenbacher is my favorite (the light kind)

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

You mention dinosaurs??? If they perished in a global flood, then that would put the event back in time scores of millions of years! This doesn't compute well with "Bible Chronology."

But more interesting to me is the discussion of the god of the Bible being a god of love. How can this loving God send ferocious bears to maul and rip apart small boys just because they made fun of a prophet? Would you have wanted to watch such a scene? Seems to me if Jehovah were really going to punish someone for this travesty, it should have been the parents, not the innocent children! (2 Kings 2:23)

And what of the 70,000 innocent Israelites Jehovah slew to punish David for the "sin" of a census? Even David said that "these sheep, what have they done?" If this was to teach us all a lesson in obedience, then the account at least should have explained what was so bad about taking a census? (2 Samuel 24;15-17)

Then what about the poor people who were ripped off their homelands by Assyria and transplanted to the soil of Israel? How could they know that just because they didn't worship this Jehovah (whom they probably didn't know a thing about) that he would send man-eating lions among them as punishment? Just imagine the mother looking out of her tent to check on her husband, or children, doing their chores, only to see them ripped apart and eaten by lions that Jehovah sent! A very loving god, indeed! (2 Kings 17:24-26.)

Cynisister

• jwblog
    jwblog
    ou mention dinosaurs??? If they perished in a global flood, then that would put the event back in time scores of millions of years! This doesn't compute well with "Bible Chronology."

What time period did the wooly mammoth exist, which were found frozen? Do not be misled by mans technique for dating corpses and things found buried in the ground. If you read the bible closely you will notice that God formed the earth. This means it was formed from elements already found in existence which could date back millions upon millions of years ago. DNA of humans more than likely was formed from elements created prior to man coming into being. Again using your power of reason and understanding, who created the dinosaurs God pr satan? Logical thinking will say that satan created them and God had to wipe them out of existence because it did not conform to the Will of The Almighty.

"March 24, 2005—Fresh from the Siberian tundra, an 18,000-year- old frozen woolly mammoth went on display today at the opening of the 2005 World Exposition in Aichi, Japan. Still partially tufted with hair, the Ice Age plant-eater's head and other parts are stored in a giant refrigerator-turned-laboratory. Scientists at the expo say they hope to use the specimen to uncover why mammoths went extinct."

But more interesting to me is the discussion of the god of the Bible being a god of love. How can this loving God send ferocious bears to maul and rip apart small boys just because they made fun of a prophet? Would you have wanted to watch such a scene? Seems to me if Jehovah were really going to punish someone for this travesty, it should have been the parents, not the innocent children! (2 Kings 2:23)

2 Now the wild beast that I saw was like a leopard, but its feet were as those of a bear, and its mouth was as a lion’s mouth. And the dragon gave to its power and its throne and great authority.

If you read the scripture above you could relate this to the writing that you speak of. The slave is not greater than the Master. If you have seen Jesus Christ you have seen the Father also. Many things are written in the bible in parables and also in actuality. You have to discern which of the words written represent the person of Our Heavenly Father (Let His Name be Sanctified).

And what of the 70,000 innocent Israelites Jehovah slew to punish David for the "sin" of a census? Even David said that "these sheep, what have they done?" If this was to teach us all a lesson in obedience, then the account at least should have explained what was so bad about taking a census? (2 Samuel 24;15-17)

God knew the intent of all humans upon the earth. If an army had it in their hearts to invade a holy city or people it was within Gods power to prevent it. If His followers were disobediant, He would have to allow the armies to excercise their free will. Again, God did not tell His creation to kill one another, this was at their own choosing.

Then what about the poor people who were ripped off their homelands by Assyria and transplanted to the soil of Israel? How could they know that just because they didn't worship this Jehovah (whom they probably didn't know a thing about) that he would send man-eating lions among them as punishment? Just imagine the mother looking out of her tent to check on her husband, or children, doing their chores, only to see them ripped apart and eaten by lions that Jehovah sent! A very loving god, indeed! (2 Kings 17:24-26.)

The above response applies to this question also.......

Cynisister
  • moshe
    moshe
    God knows everything that occurs upon the earth as well in the heavens

Sorry, but the facts show otherwise. It seems that Jehovah was certainly unaware of all the pedophiles hiding in the KH! I guess Jehovah has to obey Heisenberg's Uncertainty principle , too.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Sorry, but the facts show otherwise.

The diety is just an invention of man just ask jwblog...he has it in his mind he and he alone has the sole insite into gods way...they always crash and burn as he will...no matter jwblog will just go on believing even when it is apparent he is all wrong and then they will invent another diety to serve and pretend to know the will of...then another cult will spring up and the cycle never ends...someone I don't know said it right long ago, "Religion is the opiate of the masses..." OH right Karl Marx...no truer words have ever been spoken...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit