Since you left Jehovahs................................

by defd 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    That is exactly why you only live for TODAY.You have no vision beyond TODAY

The feeling that living for today is a bad thing comes from a scripture that talks about "bad people" saying, "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we are to die". It is meant to convey the hopeless, meaningless existence of the one that doesn't serve the god that authored the book that says it.

I was thinking about this concept earlier today. How when you want to take a very reasonable idea and make it sound bad, you can avoid explaining it -- or indeed having any explanation for it at all -- by simply attributing the idea to someone bad. For instance, wasn't it Paul that warned against "ridiculers that say, ' Where is this promised presence of his? Things are today as they have always been.'" Taken by itself, that's a good point. Things ARE just as they have always been. So to take that good point out of your mind, Paul presents it as the words of a "ridiculer".

When an elder saw my write up on why birthdays are not condemned by the bible (http://thebentinel.com/jw-birthdays.html) he said, "This looks like apostate reasoning." Not just "reasoning", but "apostate reasoning". It's in the blood: label what you don't like.

The idea of enjoying today is a GOOD idea. Just because it didn't suit the plans of the Bible writers and thus got labelled as bad doesn't make it so.

Dave

• mouthy
    mouthy

So I do not want to hear itdf said

"They have ears but they do not hear!!!!"God said

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

You're welcome, Mouthy.

He is a young, rude, brainwashed, prat with little respect for others. He asks, then refuses to hear. (and yet I allowed him under my skin)

DefD. My dad is dying of kidney failure. His mind is gone from alzheimers. My mom is totally beside herself because her entire life - their entire life - was centered around this Paradise Earth of yours being fulfilled within their generation. They were born in 1917 - 88 years old next month. At least.... at least.... they were not fool enough to not put money aside for retirement so that they didn't entirely have to rely upon the evil government and social security.

The JW doctrine you have chosen to follow had destroyed the dreams, and hopes, and lives of hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of people. And you treat Granny Mouthy with disrespect.

YOU are the one that brought it up. Your question is a source of pain and anger with many of us. Now take the answers with grace, or shove off. (and I am being polite and doing my best not to cuss you out - with words I learned from my dad who was an elder and PO for many many years).

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    oh man here we go I think im getting sick. I am done with this thread thanks for ruining it.

couldnt resist

• defd
    defd

Whatever brenda you are a rude rude bitter women!!!!!!!!!!! I am tired of your banter...... This will be the last time I respond to you or mouthy.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The older I get, the more I'm convinced that this is it. Therefore, I try to make it worthwhile each day I wake up.

DY

• JH
    JH
    This will be the last time I respond to you or mouthy.

Shunning people already defd?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

((((((((Brenda & Mouthy)))))))))

I love strong warrior women

Josie

• defd
    defd

Yes jh I AM I am not wasting my time on people like that. RUDE BITTER OBNOXIOUS and the list goes on and on..........

Defd,

Wth all due respect, which, in your case, is very little, you are the person who attacked "Mouthy" in a personal manner, instead of dealing with the topic at issue. I found your comments to be extremely rude as well, and indicative of the level of class you possess. You are indeed a fine "witness" for the corporate cult that enslaves your mind and whose interests you purport to advocate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit