Since you left Jehovahs................................

by defd 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• daystar
    daystar
    Since you left Jehovah's organization and the faith. What hope do yall entertain for the future....the everlasting future? Do you still believe, want to be on a paradise earth or what?

As SNG suggested, I don't believe that the WBTS is or was ever Jehovah's organization. The primary purpose for any religion is control and direction of the masses of humankind. As part of that, they normally include some hope for the future, beyond death. Unfortunately, they've made up stories based upon nonsense in order to instill false hope. Do this and you will make it into heaven, live forever on earth, be resurrected, whatever. It's crap, but it makes for a good method to control people.

• xjwms
    xjwms

As soon as you believe that the PENSION PLAN

will take care of you, ...Take a lesson from Delphi and GM. Good company, good product. Bad Pension Plan.

I agree with Seattleniceguy 100% Also agree with daystar.

That LIE, ... they call the truth, ... is all about Control. Control ,... and more Control.

Make your own money, and secure your own future.

• mouthy
    mouthy

you seem like a decent chap. If I can offer one piece of advice for you, make sure you have a good pension.

I think that above advice is Excellent by Steve..I was left with NOTHING no pension-insurance I was advised by the elders we wouldnt need it -1975 was going to be all over !!!!OOPS!. I was a real strong JW for 25 yrs ( 20+ baptised) I was told my kids wouldnt ever get out of grade school- Melanie would never get to kindergarten..( she died at 42) What do I now believe DF??? I will tell you!
    I live for today!!!! I look around at the beauty- especially today the trees are red,orange,green etc. The birds- squirrells ,chipmonks are feasting outside my window...The sunset last night was breathtaking,,,, So I KNOW I have a Creator !!! But my belief in the God of LOVE is.... as it explains in scripture...God is LOVE!> Jesus is the HEAD of the Body of Love-- WE are the hands-heart-shoulders feet what ever part you want to be today... Are you using your hands to help someone today? are you letting someone cry on your shoulder, are you walking to help someone today -using your feet. NOT using the mouth that you have to go from door to door proclaiming death to folks who dont listen to the Organization.I live for today, I expect to receive what scripture says" eye hasnt seen ear, hasnt heard ,& my heart cannot perceive what GOD has in store for me.

Sorry I am mouthy!!!! long post you asked I answered

• gringojj
    gringojj

I know my wife says she will always believe in a paradise on earth although I am skeptical that she will always believe that because the more I talk with her about how it makes no sense and is pretty much impossible the more I think she doubts it. She once said she would rather spend eternity in misery in a paradise earth with all jws than die at the end of this life. I think that is a sad way to look at things.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

My spiritual life isn't done for reward, far less holding a materialistic desire for an earthly paradise that moth consumes.

From my current perspective any afterlife without Christ and his "love" would be hell to me. If I had all the riches of the world, and had not love...

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I've been to the precipice of hell, and know that it exists... on earth.

I believe in a Paradise Earth: It's what I choose to make it. By where I live, by the friends I surround myself with. By how I choose to live my life.

I will grow old. I will die. That is what creatures on this planet do. It is a part of the cycles of this planet. All things are born, live, and die, to be reborn again.

I beleive my soul is everlasting. When my skinsuit dies, I will return from whence I came.... the ultimate "energy" of the universe(s).

My responsibilities while I walk around in my skinsuit are to learn what real love and happiness is - to give and to receive, and as I learn, to pass it on to ease the suffering of others. Love I learn because Jesus The Christ loved me first and taught me through his examples what love and blessings truly are. Happiness is an inside job. I take what is on the inside, and put it on the outside and change the way I feel. By changing my surroundings to a more possitive environment, I make my life more conducive to giving and receiving love and happiness.

Should the JW's Organization be right (big IF on my part) and I have the privledge of standing before Jehovah, Jesus, and the 144,000 on Judgement day, I will do so with every part of my being, and everything I've done - good and bad in onus of who I am, and accept my judgement with respect.

PS. Jehovah, the god of the OT does not exist. He is a figure created by men to incite fear and garner control. The WTBTS has taken that "loving" god and further moulded him to their own image and use as a fear monger and control freak.

• poppers
    poppers

The future? Isn't it always now? Discover this truth and then see what happens to "problems".

Not to hijack the thread, but a more pertinent question would be, "Now that you've left the JWs how are you living your life right now? Are you viewing life through a lens of belief and idea which is based on the past, or are you totally open to what actually is in this present moment, without deference to any idea or belief? There is a vast difference between the two, the difference between total freedom and being bound by delusion.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I would just like to grow old and die like most people, and hope that postmodern medicine will make my life a lot easier to live, both physically and mentally, than it is right now.

If there's anything after that, it's gravy as far as I'm concerned. But I am not counting on it.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I have come to see that every moment is a gamble, and JWs never gave me reason to see it differently, they never guarenteed me a place in the kingdom and so now after coming to see them as a fraud, I find no real difference...

I have since come to reject the notion of a god who acts like a con man, with holding key evidence until its too late, so as to make people dishonest by having to pretend to believe in things that they really have no cause to believe in.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

"Make it Maine" Danny, now a born-again Christian!

Below: Danny a virgin at 29: I squandered my youth for a cult!

Below: Digging for the "Truth" in 1985

When this above pic was taking i was giving $1,000 every month to the Kingdom Hall building slush fund,and i kept it up for years.I gave it all to the ivory tower not into an IRA for my retirement.

I just bought my girlfriend (my hot babe too) a brand new SUV with "jehovers money"

SCREW U Watchtower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit