Since you left Jehovahs................................

by defd 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully
    Scully how can you NOT believe in an earthly paradise anymore? It is so clear in the bible.

I don't trust the word of any "god" who approves the slaughter of children by being mauled by a bear, simply for doing what children do. I don't trust the word of any "god" whose laws state that a girl who is raped can be bought by her rapist and must be married to him, bear children with him, and stay with him for the rest of her life. I don't trust the word of any "god" that encourages the slaughter of young and old, infants, and virgins, and doesn't feel sorry for them, simply because they adhere to a different belief system. I don't trust the word of any "god" who claims to have given people "free will" and yet punishes them for using that gift.

• defd
    defd

Well I know Jehovah doesnt approve of those things. From what you are saying, you dont believe in God anymore?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I hope there will be other eyes around to see the sunset light on autumn leaves, other ears to hear the nightingale or Schubert's lieder, other skins to feel the cool breeze of dawn or the rage of storm, other noses to smell honeysuckle or coffee, other palates to taste cepes and burgundy wine.

I hope other hearts will feel the miracle of unexpected love.

I hope other minds will enjoy Proust or Giono, the Gospel or John or the Tao te Ching, Nietzsche or Kierkegaard.

I hope some of my expressions, words or gestures which I unwittingly borrowed from long-forgotten sources will be heard or seen on others' lips and bodies.

I hope some of my ambiguous traces will be still seen for a while, partly understood partly misunderstood, as they will be slowly erased.

And I believe in all of this, for it is already happening.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Your God reads hearts and the dead are aware of nothing.... IF I dont "make it" to Paradise I would never know it anyway. Whats the point of that?

Solomon tells us some of the wisest words in the Bible... paraphrasing.. your name at the day of your death is the most important thing you will leave.

Jesus left us with 2 laws. If you follow them you should end up with a decent legacy and God's favor when you die.

Either way, ("dead" or in reward or punishment) I will be suprised.

The Watchtower is a printing company manned by "Jehovah's Witnesses". If that's "God's Organization" Count me out.

~Hill

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I have an awesome pension plan. I do make sure that I am able to survive this system, but at the same time I am storing up for my everlasting future.

I hope you mean it, Derrick. There are people in your own congregation that never thought they'd graduate high school in "this system", then thought their kids would never graduate, then their grandkids... If you want to stay a JW, that's all well and good. But please, please make sure you are also expecting to grow old in "this system". You and I are the same age, we can both start saving right now and have plenty to retire on. (If you were already doing this -- good on you!)

As far as my hope for the future, I fully believe and accept that this life is all I get. I'll live it as richly as I can at the moment, experience what I can, help others if I can, and finally die. Death won't be welcome, but it will be accepted.

I know it's hard to imagine, but I actually feel much better now than when I was a theist. Now I see that things happen because they happen, not because Jehovah blessed me or Satan attacked me. The wonder of life is all the richer when it isn't clouded with metaphysics. (in my opinion)

Dave of the "worm food" class

• defd
    defd

Thats all great nark, but that doesnt answer the question this topic asks.What hope do you entertain for your everlasting future?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

defd,

Sorry but that's about the best I can do. I guess "eternity" is just too long for "me".

• Scully
    Scully
    I know Jehovah doesnt approve of those things.

He must have at some point in time. It's recorded in the Bible.

Rbi8 2 Kings 2:23-25 ***

And he [Elisha] proceeded to go up from there to Beth´el. As he was going up on the way, there were small boys that came out from the city and began to jeer him and that kept saying to him: "Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!" 24 Finally he turned behind him and saw them and called down evil upon them in the name of Jehovah. Then two she-bears came out from the woods and went tearing to pieces forty-two children of their number. 25 And he kept going from there to Mount Car´mel, and from there he returned to Sa·mar´i·a.

Rbi8 Deuteronomy 22:28-29 ***

"In case a man finds a girl, a virgin who has not been engaged, and he actually seizes her and lies down with her, and they have been found out, 29 the man who lay down with her must also give the girl’s father fifty silver shekels, and she will become his wife due to the fact that he humiliated her. He will not be allowed to divorce her all his days.

Rbi8 Ezekiel 9:4-6 ***

And Jehovah went on to say to him: "Pass through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and you must put a mark on the foreheads of the men that are sighing and groaning over all the detestable things that are being done in the midst of it."

And to these [others] he said in my ears: "Pass through the city after him and strike. Let not your eye feel sorry, and do not feel any compassion. 6 Old man, young man and virgin and little child and women YOU should kill off—to a ruination. But to any man upon whom there is the mark do not go near, and from my sanctuary YOU should start." So they started with the old men that were before the house.
  • defd
    defd

So scully are you an athiest or do you believe in another God? Just curious.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Well I know Jehovah doesnt approve of those things. From what you are saying, you dont believe in God anymore?

What Bible do you read, Derrick? Scully posted the actual scriptures that state that your Jehovah approves of these things. Give me a break. Now back on point; I am not sure of what hope I entertain. Jesus seemed to point to a heavenly one. And I take his word for it. Earthy paradise prophecies were dealing with Israel, and were not discussing literal worldwide conditions. Jesus refs to 'paradise' seem to mean heaven as I read them. But Christianity has it own rewards, right now. If an endless future awaits me, I pray I am found worthy of that. If not, I pray that I have done what I should to live a decent and honest life now. While the Watchtower 'hope' of everlasting life on earth seems pleasant to think about, it seems not rooted in Scripture. So, while a false hope might give us drive to sell a lot of magazines, it does nothing to make us better people. Who will God reward - better people, or better Watchtower salesmen? I do think that is obvious. Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit