Since you left Jehovahs................................

by defd 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• defd
    defd

Organization and the faith. What hope do yall entertain for the future....the everlasting future? Do you still believe, want to be on a paradise earth or what?

• JH
    JH

I'm leaving this in Jehovah's hands.

It's not by worrying that the outcome will be different.

• Scully
    Scully

I believe we are here for the life that we have and choose for ourselves, not for one that we might be able to have someday, dependent upon the level of servitude to a book publishing company. I don't believe that there will be an earthly Paradise anymore. That was just an empty promise - the carrot on a stick - to keep me enslaved to the WTS.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

The thing that bothered me the most about Witnesses is that NONE of them enjoyed living in this moment. No one enjoyed the present. Everyone was planning on the future.

Personally I don't plan too far in advance. I enjoy every minute and every pleasurable moment today. There is no reason to save up my happiness for someday in the future when lions will be sitting next to lambs. There is no reason for me to save up buying a house until the "paradise" when everyone gets to claim one.

You said "What hope do yall entertain for the future".... I don't really feel like I need a "hope" for the future because my present isn't hopeless. I really do believe that everything is right here, right now, just depends on your attitude and what you're willing to work for.

How about letting go of that "hope" and start working for today. There is nothing you can imagine or dream up or fantasize or "hope" for that can compare to the reality of today. It's all about the here and now.

So, what's going on with you TODAY? What are you working towards TODAY? What are your goals TODAY? What are you going to accomplish TODAY?

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i hope that when i die i'll leave enough space for new human beings. death is just giving other people the chance to live and evolve.

and of course i hope i still have some time left. i think i do. but it wouldn't matter too much if i didn't.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Oh and for the record, I don't believe it's "Jehovah's organization"

I believe it's the Watchtower society, plain and simple. They do not have the monopoly on God even though they claim Him for themselves only.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

Oh and for the record, I don't believe it's "Jehovah's organization" I believe it's the Watchtower society, plain and simple.

jehovah = the watchtower society

or was he a lower member of the GB?

• defd
    defd

Scully how can you NOT believe in an earthly paradise anymore? It is so clear in the bible.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

defd :: Since you left Jehovahs Organization and the faith. What hope do yall entertain for the future....the everlasting future? Do you still believe, want to be on a paradise earth or what? When I left the organization which self proclaims to represent Jehovah, I was definitely confused. Since my absence I have found that there is a future for my life. That there is a world out there, I am going to grow old with my wife, hopefully with some kids, and eventually retire, and then die. There is no paradise earth occurring after the immanent annihilation of billions of humans. There is no everlasting life (TM) awaiting earth bound hopefuls. There is not going to be a supernatural armageddon. This was very hard for my head to get around, and probably took the longest time. defd, you seem like a decent chap. If I can offer one piece of advice for you, make sure you have a good pension. steve

• defd
    defd

steven

I have an awesome pension plan. I do make sure that I am able to survive this system, but at the same time I am storing up for my everlasting future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit