Since you left Jehovahs................................

by defd 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inquirer
    inquirer

googlemagoogle

i hope that when i die i'll leave enough space for new human beings. death is just giving other people the chance to live and evolve.

With my opinion about paradise earth... I surely hope it will come. This world stinks! Terrorism! People earning a dollar a day, people who are living on the poverty line, people who have to pay maintenance because they are divorced, starving people (some people eat rats for goodness sake!) the planet is overloaded of people, they want to dump this nuclear wast in the middle of Australia, people blow themselves up for little or no reason, people take up arms and kill other people... there's loads of new technology nowadays and it doesn't seem to make people happier.... There's so many things that suck about this world, I just mention some of them... hardly any of them. :( I would love to see the day when all these things are done away with. I don't think human beings were suppose to live like this. I don't think God upstaris approves of it. I hope all the good-hearted people of this world get given another chance on a paradisaic earth...

Everything sucks. :(

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey defd,

I definitely didn't leave "Jehovah's organization," since there is no such thing. It's like asking, "What do you believe since you left the tooth fairy's organization?"

My goal in life is to look at the world straight-on, see what is truly there, and live well and contribute to the welfare of others. I believe that there is truly no greater satisfaction in life than this. Trying with all your might to believe something that simply isn't true is frustrating, heart-breaking, and futile. It's much better to accept reality (and work for realistic change if you don't like something about your current situation) than to wish vainly for an unreality.

Everlasting future? It's a pipe dream. Accept reality and work within its framework.

Just my two cents.

SNG

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

defd,

I decided not to be anxious about the next day, it will have its own anxieties when it gets here. Instead, I just focus on seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness and I trust that all these other things will be added to me (if I am doing things that are likely to make that happen). I am not conscious of anything against myself, but by this I am not proved righteous. He that examines me is a fair and merciful examiner, and understands me completely. What gifts I get, if any, are not through an organization anyway (can't be). There is no salvation in nobles or in the sons of earthling man, I will not put my trust in them.

So, my hope is in God. My hope is an anchor for my faith. My hope is that I will be happy now and in the future.

Do you have a more realistic hope than that?

OldSoul

• Scully
    Scully
    So scully are you an athiest or do you believe in another God? Just curious.

When I come across a deity worthy of my worship, I will be happy to do so. However, they just don't seem to meet my standards. I'm kind of picky about the recipient of my worship; it's a valuable commodity and I don't offer it lightly. In the meantime: I believe in myself. I believe in my spouse and children. I believe in my friends and colleagues and the people I encounter in my work. I believe that people generally strive to be good, and do the best they can with the gifts and understanding they have, regardless of their form and manner of worship. I guess that makes me a humanist.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

hi inquirer, indeed there are a lot of things that suck (which proves there is no loving, all-knowing, almighty god), but there are a lot of things that don't suck. this world is the best world i know, and i'm really happy that nature mixed genes and chemicals in a way to create my conciousness.

this world is beautiful, man, and we can make it better. unfortunately many religions - the WTS for example - tell their members to wait for another life and that everything will be solved by someone else. that's why improving this world is so slow.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

When I was a member of the watchtower publishing company, I loved the thought of living forever in paradise, its what kept me fooled for so long.

Now I'm out, I no longer believe in the paradise concept, but if it were true, I reckon it'd be pretty boring anyway, so I won't miss out on much not going there. I enjoy the life I have now, and I can't think of much I'd want to change about it.

As for what I hope for, I'd like to carry on living comfortably and trying to be a nice guy.

• inquirer
    inquirer

googlemagoogle
    hi inquirer, indeed there are a lot of things that suck (which proves there is no loving, all-knowing, almighty god), but there are a lot of things that don't suck. this world is the best world i know, and i'm really happy that nature mixed genes and chemicals in a way to create my conciousness.

Inquirer -- Keep all the interesting comments coming! :D lol It's the way you express them! lol I won't say "God bless you," I'll just say "all the best with you."

BTW, can I say "God bless you," Or is that too religious for you?

• kazar
    kazar

No, I do not believe there will be a paradise earth--although I still wish it would be. Even when I was a Witness I knew scientifically the universe is growing old and our galaxy along with earth in time would be extinguished by our sun exploding, swallowed by a black hole, etc. So, how was it ever going to be a paradise earth forever? I tried to logically reconcile the two beliefs by putting the scientific one out of my mind, which didn't always work. These were many of the conflicts which eventually led me to this board.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

BTW, can I say "God bless you," Or is that too religious for you?

personally i prefer "donald duck bless you", but that's just a matter of taste... ;-)

• upside/down
    upside/down

Your God reads hearts and the dead are aware of nothing.... IF I dont "make it" to Paradise I would never know it anyway. Whats the point of that?

Solomon tells us some of the wisest words in the Bible... paraphrasing.. your name at the day of your death is the most important thing you will leave.

Jesus left us with 2 laws. If you follow them you should end up with a decent legacy and God's favor when you die.

Either way, ("dead" or in reward or punishment) I will be suprised.

The Watchtower is a printing company manned by "Jehovah's Witnesses". If that's "God's Organization" Count me out.

~Hill

ditto.

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit