Since you left Jehovahs................................

by defd 119 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xjwms
    xjwms

JamesThomas

Well Said !!!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Hi defd.

I don't believe in a paradise earth. That was something I could never really allow myself to be spoonfed and still feel good about.
    This was also a carrot that drug me into that warped cult in the first place. They were around when I came back home with my infant daughter. I was at the most emotionally & spirtually vulnerable point in life so far. Guess what I was told?!

"You'll never have to worry about Jordyn getting sick and almost dying in a hospital again. And if she had died, you would be with her on paradise earth since you're following Jehovah."

That kool aid didn't really taste as good as they tried to make it out to be.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

xjwms,

Thank you, but I must give credit to Socrates, for the cave analogy.

j

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Since you left Jehovah's organization and the faith.

defd, while it is true that I left an organisation known as JW's I did not leave Jehovah or the faith. There are many reasons that I know without an inkling of doubt that the WTBTS is not Jesus' church. One of those reasons is because the WT leaders have told Jehovah's Witnesses in the past that certain blood-based preparations and procedures were forbidden. (e.g. Serum albumin & gamma globulin)
    These leaders also told Jehovah's Witnesses that if they permitted the administration of these preparations to their child, the child would not be resurrected in the New Order. Parents believed them and children died.This position was subsequently reversed. Today no one thinks twice about accepting these preparations. Human albumin for example is used in many common child-hood vaccinations.The leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses lie about this today by claiming that their position has been consistent. How would you describe using a parent's religious beliefs to manipulate them into causing the death of their own child as anything but one of the most obscenely evil things one human being can do to another?

I don't have a hope,defd. However, I have these promises from my God and my Lord, Jesus:

I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance. John 10:10 (HCSB)

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by God’s will:
    To the saints and believers in Christ Jesus at Ephesus. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavens, in Christ; for He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love He predestined us to be adopted through Jesus Christ for Himself, according to His favor and will, to the praise of His glorious grace that He favored us with in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure that He planned in Him for the administration of the days of fulfillment—to bring everything together in the Messiah, both things in heaven and things on earth in Him. In Him we were also made His inheritance, predestined according to the purpose of the One who works out everything in agreement with the decision of His will, so that we who had already put our hope in the Messiah might bring praise to His glory. In Him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation—in Him when you believedwere sealed with the promised Holy Spirit. He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory. Eph 1:1-14 (HCSB)

Defd, the Watchtower can not even begin to offer anything like this to any of its followers. All they can do is fufill Jesus' words:

I assure you: Anyone who doesn’t enter the sheep pen by the door but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The doorkeeper opens it for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought all his own outside, he goes ahead of them. The sheep follow him because they recognize his voice. 5 They will never follow a stranger; instead they will run away from him, because they don’t recognize the voice of strangers.”

6 Jesus gave them this illustration, but they did not understand what He was telling them.

The Good Shepherd

7 So Jesus said again, “ I assure you: I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep didn’t listen to them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved and will come in and go out and find pasture. 10 A thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance.

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired man, since he is not the shepherd and doesn’t own the sheep, leaves themand runs away when he sees a wolf coming. The wolf then snatches and scatters them. 13 [This happens]because he is a hired man and doesn’t care about the sheep.

14 “I am the good shepherd. I know My own sheep, and they know Me, 15 as the Father knows Me, and I know the Father. I lay down My life for the sheep.

John 10:1-15 (HCSB)

• R6Laser
    R6Laser
    When this above pic was taking i was giving $1,000 every month to the Kingdom Hall building slush fund,and i kept it up for years.I gave it all to the ivory tower not into an IRA for my retirement.

I just bought my girlfriend (my hot babe too) a brand new SUV with "jehovers money"

SCREW U Watchtower

Wow, you gave them $1,000 every month? Were you forced to give them that money? If not, I'm sorry but I must say that's a pretty stupid thing to do. What if they told you to kill yourself would you have done it? I see why you get upset about the JW religion, we've all been thru that. But at the same time if they told me me I had to give them $1,000 every month I would've laughed in their faces. Even when they asked me to put the Kinddumb in first place and put college in second place I laughed at them. No way was I going to let them run my life. We all had free will even while we were part of that cult.

• Dimples
    Dimples

Que sera, sera
    Whatever will be, will be
    The future's not ours to see
    Que sera, sera

DIMPLES

• daystar
    daystar
    No way was I going to let them run my life. We all had free will even while we were part of that cult.

Some people were raised in the religion and thus had very little free will that was not influenced by WBTS programming.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser
    Some people were raised in the religion and thus had very little free will that was not influenced by WBTS programming.

I was also raised in the religion but I didn't let that prevent me from choosing what to do with my own life once I turned into an adult. *edited for spelling*

• daystar
    daystar
    I was also raised in the religion but I didn't let that prevent me from choosing what to do my own life once I turned into an adult.

Ok, but you were one of the lucky ones then.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser
    Ok, but you were one of the lucky ones then.

I guess my point would be that we weren't forced to do all these things for the society, the ones who did anything was all done out of freewill. Nobody forced anyone that I know of from the KH to do anything they didn't want to do. We can all blame the WT for giving us messed up advice, like being a pioneer instead of going to college, but eventually the individual (not the WT) is the one who has to make the decision.

I went and did a couple of quick builds with the WT as a volunteer, I was a MS for many years, plus many other things. I wasn't forced to do it. But as I grew older and realized the stupidity behind it all I refused to let them run my life anymore so I just said that's it, they will no longer tell me what is acceptable and what is not. So I made my own decision to leave and I never had any problems since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit