I still think it might be the truth - what is wrong with me?

by slimboyfat 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pole
    Pole

kls,

and i feel you are toying with us for a reaction.

Absolutely, just look at his topic history. The guy loves this little trollish game of seeking for attention even if this means posting lies, urm, I mean deceptive threads.

Pole

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    What would have happened if Ray Franz was never disfellowshipped for talking to an apostate in a cafe?

Ray Franz was talking to another human being------his FRIEND.

something you obviously do not have. at least not an uncondtional one.

I am responding for my own selfish reasons.......not because I think it is really helping you.

• seven006
    seven006

Slim,

You're not a troll. Trolls know exactly what to think and why they post here.

There's an old saying, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and you think it's a kangaroo, you're an idiot.

Everyone here can give you things to read and try to help you see things for yourself. If you do not have the mental sophistication or ability to put two and two together and figure it out like a real live thinking person, then that would be your problem and you won't find any help here. Being able to think is not a prerequisite for posting here. It's just assumed.

Dave

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    You're not a troll. Trolls know exactly what to think and why they post here.

Thank you - that is the first helpful thing you have said. I have no agenda. I have no stong opinions. I *think* Jehovah's Witnesses might still have the truth, but I am not sure.

Maybe the problem is that I am being *too* truthful. I would love to pretend I know all the answers the way Jehovah's Witnesses do and apostates do in their own quaint ways.

• seven006
    seven006

Slim,

***I would love to pretend I know all the answers the way Jehovah's Witnesses do and apostates do in their own quaint ways. ***

Only Alex Trebek has all the answers. The rest of us have to learn how to think. Go'head, give it a try.

Dave

• Golf
    Golf

Slimboyfat, I never read COC. I have written to Ray and he responded to my letter. I left because of lack of love and elders thinking for me.

I strongly believed in a Creator before being a JW and I still do. I have no qualms in what people believe or pursue. People don't answer to me and vice-versa. You gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Golf

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    If joining the UN helped the preaching work then it was justified.

SBF,

When I left the WTS, the UN business had not even become known yet. But knowing what I was taught and believed about the UN, and why we were never to have anything to DO with it (as other religions had)---I would NEVER had believed that the WTS had dealings with it, or would I have believed what you said where I quoted you.

Having anything whatsoever to do with the UN would have been seen as unforgivable---and secretly being associated with it for ten years would have been out of the question. But they did. Whatever feeble attempt to justify this (after the fact) has no validity---except to the JWs.

If I had stolen a carful of groceries so that a needy family could go to bed full----would that be "okay" because it was a kind act? Does God need the WTS to do something totally sneaky and underhanded to enhance the preaching work? I think not.

That, too, is only the tip of the iceberg--but then you know that. MY question to you is, just what IS it that you feel the WTS has "right"? There must be an issue that you just can't see for what it is, so why not try and figure it out and let us know.

Remember how the WTS keeps saying that if you're religion has been found to teach lies, then you should leave it. If you have SEEN the lies---what would make you want to have any part of it?

*I* felt betrayed and deceived....don't you? WHY would you want to put your precious faith in and your relationship with God.... in liar's hands?

Annie

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The UN is the eighth world power.

But Britain and America are the seventh beast. If covorting with the UN is so bad - then what about the Witnesses being registered as a charity in Britain? Would that not be the same thing?

Could someone explain the difference?

This whole UN "scandal" has never made any sense to me. It is not the big deal apostates make out. Sometimes I think apostates pretend certain things are a big deal among themselves so they can confirm to themsleves that they are right and Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Sometimes I think apostates pretend certain things are a big deal among themselves so they can confirm to themsleves that they are right and Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong.

SBF,

Nobody has to pretend anything! The WTS WAS guilty of rubbing shoulders with what they have taught as disgusting, for years and years. I thought it WAS a big deal when I first heard about it. I still do,especially when we had ALL the "don'ts" that applied to US as God's people---and the WTS goes and secretly does what THEY did.

98% of the problems with the WTS are verifiable and out there for all the world to see. I didn't WANT the WTS to be wrong---but things kept hitting me and being proven, and I couldn't be a part of that any more.

When you are ready to see, it will come to you. When YOU are ready is the key here. Apparently you haven't reached that point as yet.

Annie

• Pole
    Pole
    If covorting with the UN is so bad - then what about the Witnesses being registered as a charity in Britain?

Where's your argument again?

Pole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit