I still think it might be the truth - what is wrong with me?

by slimboyfat 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Now, Johnny. Listen to this it is very important. The neighbors are convicted child molesters, and you are under no circumstances to go anywhere near them. Do you understand? They are evil, and God hates them more than any other people on earth. God is going to destroy them at Armageddon. You are not to have anything to do with them, understand? God will destroy you too if you do.

Yes dad.

(meanwhile, dear old dad finds out that the new neighbors are willing to help him with a project he's working on as long as he agrees to say nice things about them to the other neighbors. Dad agrees)

Now, Johnny, aren't the new neighbors clean and organized? Don't they do a lot of good work in the world?

Um, Dad. You told me that they were evil and God hated them!

They're not that bad, why are you making such a big deal over this?

But Dad! You said if I had anything to do with them that God would destroy me too! Do you want me to be destroyed by God, or were you lying to begin with?

Johnny, you're making a big deal of this! Now you better shut up and stop criticizing me or God will destroy you!

• El blanko
    El blanko

Are we sure that this thread is a valid way to spend a day?

It seems as though our friend is uncertain of his own pathway. He also claims to have read lots and lots of material over the years and it is doubtful he will listen to any old news on this thread, as he knows it all

Its fun to watch the threads expand though.

I find it interesting that lots appear to be jumping upon this thread to comment. Maybe we are simply defending our own ideologies?

• M.J.
    M.J.

The burden of proof isn't on all humanity to find reasons why the WTS isn't God's Official Mouthpiece and Organization. The burden is on the WTS to back up such an incredible and fantastic claim.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The burden of proof isn't on all humanity to find reasons why the WTS isn't God's Official Mouthpiece and Organization. The burden is on the WTS to back up such an incredible and fantastic claim.

Ooooooooh, MJ!

I LIKE that!

Annie

• Pole
    Pole
    I find it interesting that lots appear to be jumping upon this thread to comment. Maybe we are simply defending our own ideologies?

ElBlanko,

Think about it for a while. Saying I believe the JW's may be right is in a way tantamount to saying I believe Russel and Franz are now heavenly kings who may personally destroy you and the rest of your apostate family (if you happen to have any) in the battle of Armageddon. Now, what's wrong with me?

That's still fine by me if I'm shown a shred of evidence to discuss. So far I haven't seen any. The guy says it was the apostates who claimed the UN was bad. If he has read all those sourcess he claims to have read, then he must realize he's being hypocritical or a manipulative - just like a few weeks ago when he started a thread about WT supposedly going monthly in the hope of fooling a few "blinded apostates".

That's why people are pissed off by this thread. And that's what this thread is all about. So you're right to an extent. But you must also understand those who don't like being told they'll be destroyed by Ted Jaracz.

Pole

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    The UN is the eighth world power.

But Britain and America are the seventh beast. If covorting with the UN is so bad - then what about the Witnesses being registered as a charity in Britain? Would that not be the same thing?

Could someone explain the difference?

Sure guy I'd be happy to help you with this.

Yes the jws say the un is the 8th World Power. But it is more than just another government. Notice please:

*** re chap. 33 p. 241 Judging the Infamous Harlot ***
    17 In what way is this symbolic wild beast full of blasphemous names? In that men have set up this multinational idol as a substitute for God?s Kingdom?to accomplish what God says his Kingdom alone can accomplish.

So it is the anti-kingdome of god acourding to the dubs.

Now what makes the UN connection so problematic is that the Society had to give its support to the UN charter and allow itself to be used to diseminate UN propaganda.

See what the RiGCaH says about this:

*** re chap. 33 p. 242 Judging the Infamous Harlot ***
    Such a League is not a mere political expedient; it is rather the political expression of the Kingdom of God on earth. . . . The Church can give a spirit of good-will, without which no League of Nations can endure. . . . The League of Nations is rooted in the Gospel. Like the Gospel, its objective is ?peace on earth, good-will toward men.??

In other words the society is saying that the League or UN or antithesis of Gods Kingdom could not exist without the harlots support of their charter.

The Society playing the harlot for any reason, is bad.

EDIT: Sorry, the highlighted area is not a society quote although they were using it in the book to prove the harlot BTG supports the UN. ( National Council of the Churches of Christ in America)

• Satanus
    Satanus

I gotta wonder at someone who was a jw and can't grasp the wt joining/supporting the un issue.

S

• ballistic
    ballistic

Slim, the difference between you and me, is you see a Witness answer for every question raised, and I see a huge house of cards.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I gotta wonder at someone who was a jw and can't grasp the wt joining/supporting the un issue.

Yep satan. I have to say even when I was an apostate bashin dub, I found this very unsettling... no horrifying.

IPSec

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes, well I just wonder what Naeblis would have to say about all this...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit