I still think it might be the truth - what is wrong with me?

by slimboyfat 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Apostate literature - I have read the lot.

You name it - C of C, Gentile Times reconsidered, Thirty Tears a Watchtower Slave, The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witness, Apocalypse Delayed, and the Freeminds and Watchtower Observer sites, so on and so on.

And I have been reading the posts on this site regularly pretty much since it started, and hourglass before it.

But I am still not a convinced apostate. I still think Jehovah's Witnesses might have the truth - is there something wrong with me?

Irving Kristol said that 'a neo-con is just a liberal who has been mugged by reality'.

People on this board tend to follow a similar implicit assumption:

'An apostate is just a Jehovah's Witness who has been mugged by reality'

But I have had many run ins with reality - yet he has left my Watchtower wallet in tact.

Why?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

maybe you don't have the right

"heart condition"

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Perception is reality. By my perception, "the truth" is nothing I want to be a part of, period. If your perception is different...that is all you have to go on.

• kls
    kls

Don't knock yourself .sometimes it takes a very long time to really be free. Even the fact i left the jws knowing they were wrong i still felt maybe they were right about the end coming. It may take years to set it in your own mind because you still have the jw thinking going on in your head and that is not easy to rid yourself of , if ever . Keep researching and an open mind and in time it will fade.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The indoctrination runs very deep - it took me years after having doubts to even investigate those doubts.

I do think some cannot make themselves leave no matter what the evidence suggests.

It is tough on us to turn our world upside down -

Thoughts are with you my digital friend

Jeff

• Valis
    Valis

you know slimboy they say you can't beat a dead horse and you have admitted you have read a lot of material....If there is nothing here, or at Quotes, or freeminds or even in your own critique of the Society's beliefs/your own then I guess you have to ask yourself if you can keep riding that dead horse till Armageddon gets here. Mabe there isn't anything wrong with you, just a realization that you are changing, albeit slowly.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

It takes a long time if ever to deprogram from years of indoctrination. There is nothing wrong with you, you are just human. Give it some time and thought.

Dragonlady76

• minimus
    minimus

Some persons don't want to deal in facts.. Reality. Truth. Perhaps there is something "wrong" with you, as you have asked. As the WT. likes to say, "thinking persons" know the "ring of truth". That should tell you something.

• seven006
    seven006

Is it you think they have the truth or is it you are afraid to think they don't?

Insecurity in yourself and your own thoughts is a gift from them that just keeps on giving.

Be careful, your shadow is following you!

Dave

• minimus
    minimus

Dave, I agree with you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit